How To Referee, Steve Clark take a bow

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

How To Referee, Steve Clark take a bow

Post by cpwigan »

Robjoenz forget what they tell you from Cummings Castle. Here was a referee that did not start the game determined to show everybody who was the boss and only awarded penalties when they were blatant. He erred on the side of caution. If in doubt he did not blow his whistle. End result, half the number of penalties awarded on average by a SL referee.

Penalties are so critical to the outcome of matches. look at the match and how often a penalty led to a try soon after. Their importance means you do not award them ad hoc and at machine gun speed.

I bet you loved how he broke the rule book too by asking Ganson to look at the incorrect decision by the numpty SL linesman. You can and should use technology even if it says not to in the textbooks.

Remember when we talked about spear tackles and I said the legs often went above the head. Look at the thaiday tackle and why was it dangerous because two players locked him in position. True spear tackles are when a player is locked and cannot move. It requires 2 players.

The RFL? are they taking the P making Ganson the video referee. Classic Nobby moment. Will the video referee award a try or no try? Nobby depends who it is? Steve Ganson No Try then :D
jammie

Re: How To Referee, Steve Clar...

Post by jammie »

now that's how to referee a match,could he not be persuaded to ref another match tomorrow?all SL ref's should be made to watch what he did tonight.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

GeoffN

Re: How To Referee, Steve ...

Post by GeoffN »

Absolutely agree. There were loads of borderline errors which he, quite correctly IMO, ignored, but which we've seen SL refs penalise this season. I thought Saints (Fozzard & Wilkin in particular) were lucky to get away with a lot of high shots that again would have been penalised in a SL match, but they were mostly not deliberate or dangerous ones.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I only saw a couple of mistakes. Sculthorpe is really crafty at knocking the ball out after a tackle. He did it twice.

I understood I think why he awarded a penalty that Stevo could not understand. I may be wrong but under the new rules once you support a player as Cunningham did for Sculthorpe as he was driven back it becomes held. The rule was brought in re dragging players into touch but it applies anywhere on the pitch.
jammie

Post by jammie »

it goes to show that when a game is contolled like that i don't see how anyone from any sport can fail to see that this is the best game in the world.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

turf

Post by turf »

He had a cracking game Steve Clark tonight. Take a bow Mr Clark. Maybe we should keep him and get rid of some of the garbage that we have to put up with every week.

Example, Mr Klein with u v Bulls tomorrow.
right cross

Post by right cross »

i hate to say it but them aussies have shown us the way again ? cummins hold your head in shame and all our refs,look and learn thats how to referee a game of rugby.

that guy knows his stuff ,why some may ask ? well he knew that he had been picked to ref the world club challenge ,he did it with ease ,and let them get on with what they our there for.thats why state of origin games are legendery and our atempt war of tha roses were c..p.

imo i think we need a new man at the helm, steve clark your our man. :(
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I was taking to an Australian RL fan and it is actually a policy amongst their referees to keep penalties at a minimum. They have matches with as few as 1 or 2 penalties.
right cross

Post by right cross »

never known it over hear ,its as if they have to break into double figures.

your right about penalties changeing the outcome of a game .

there has to be change somewear,just live in hope eh :conf:
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

cpwigan posted:
I was taking to an Australian RL fan and it is actually a policy amongst their referees to keep penalties at a minimum. They have matches with as few as 1 or 2 penalties.
you would have no chance St Pats are still moaning about a 17-0 penalty count in the 2nd half when they played cuthberts ,wasnt the same game i watched and you reffed
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME