Is Trent the latest in a long line of Lindsey's sick players

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
jimofwigan

Is Trent the latest in a long line of Lindsey's sick players

Post by jimofwigan »

Trent Barret must of arrived at Wigan with an injury
Danny Orr was always injured
Davis the super prop lasted three minutes at Salford
Vaealiki arrived with a knee injury
Brian Carney plyed for only one or two matches before he would be injured.
Do we have a medical team that passes players fit before they sign on? It is no use been the best rugby player in the world if you are sat in the stands like me. Whats going on at all?????????
damien morrissey

Re: Is Trent the latest in a l...

Post by damien morrissey »

jimofwigan posted:
Do we have a medical team that passes players fit before they sign on? It is no use been the best rugby player in the world if you are sat in the stands like me. Whats going on at all?????????
DAVICO lasted 3 mins at Salford hardly Mo's fault.
Lets be honest If it was a calf strain as being reported now and it was picked up on a medical why would that stop you buying him?
Even carrying an injury he looked one of the best players if not the best( personal point of view) we had on Sat.
If only the fully fit players had the intelligence or fitness to hang around on his shoulder then we would undoubtedly have scord more tries.
I am no Mo fan by any means but this one is a no brainer for me. Plus the fact that he was playing week in week out in the NRL when we signed him. :conf:
Matthew

Re: Is Trent the latest in...

Post by Matthew »

damien morrissey posted:
jimofwigan posted:
I thought that it was DV's Achilles?
Davico's injury passed the medical - he had a cyst which caused his muscle to tear - he never started for us in Super League and whilst it may have left us a prop short; we got rid of him so he never counted on the cap.

Whilst Barrett is currently injured - Noble is saying that it is not serious:

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... 65333.html
"Trent has a calf injury and we want him to get right," said coach Brian Noble.

"At a push, he maybe could have played this week, it's nothing serious."
That doesn't sound like something serious - if it were that bad then he would have had surgery by now - not played 3 full games on it.

The problem that we Wigan fans are so paranoid after the injury problems we have had recently - and the press love a bit of a conspiracy at Wigan.

Whilst it could mean that Trent has to have his leg amputated below the knee - why don't we all just wait until he has missed more than one game before we start judging him?

So far he has shown more than enough class and commitment for us to have a bit of faith in him.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
adrenalinxx

Re: Is Trent the latest in a l...

Post by adrenalinxx »

jimofwigan posted:
When Wigan signed Barrett, Orr, DV, Carney and Davico they were all fit to play as they had to pass a medical before they can sign. Davico was the only one with prior major medical problems.

Barrett was not injured last season because he was playing in the NRL, wigan signed him mid way through last season so if Barrett was injury between signing and arriving how can that be Lindsey fault, he can't predict the future.

The same applies for the rest of the squad, Carney's hamstring problems only really started while at Wigan after he had been playing a few seasons, other players like Orr weren't really given the time to fully recover from their injuries.

I'm not Lindsey's biggest fans but blaming player injuries on him is just daft
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Matthew posted:

The problem that we Wigan fans are so paranoid after the injury problems we have had recently - and the press love a bit of a conspiracy at Wigan.

Whilst it could mean that Trent has to have his leg amputated below the knee - why don't we all just wait until he has missed more than one game before we start judging him?
Both of the above points are very true. We are naturally concerned about any injury that appears difficult to shake off. Memories of Johns spring immediately to mind.

But we have to wait and see how this pans out.

I am sort of looking forward to see how we play tonight with hopefully Withers at 6 (please Nobby, not Lockers!) because regardless of Barretts current injury you would expect him to pick one up at sometime in the season so we need to know how we can cope without him. It might even justify signing Withers.

That said the thought has crossed my mind we are paying two senior players wages - Barrett's and Withers because Barrett is a bit too fragile for our pitches so he will only play half the games but that is the injury paranoia surfacing again.

Dave
ince warrior

Post by ince warrior »

This might sound a bit stupid but one issue I have about Barrett isn't the injury but the fact that we signed him why Millward was in charge. Thinking about that, I'm not really sure if he truly fits into Nobby's game plan, and whether he is being picked simply because his individual skill is too good to overlook.
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGAN!!!

WRLFC & SCFC FOR LIFE!!!

WE HATE LATICS, SAINTS, MACCLESFIELD, BURNLEY, CITY, LEEDS, WIRE AND WREXHAM!!!!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

ince warrior posted:
This might sound a bit stupid but one issue I have about Barrett isn't the injury but the fact that we signed him why Millward was in charge. Thinking about that, I'm not really sure if he truly fits into Nobby's game plan, and whether he is being picked simply because his individual skill is too good to overlook.
He is being picked because he is our only recognised senior stand off!

Joking aside - I think that any club in SL (and probably most of the clubs in the NRL) would jump at the chance of having Trent Barrett play for them. I doubt Brian Noble was upset when he was told that Barrett was already signed. Furthermore if he wasn't happy with Barrett, why did he let Orr go?

I think that Noble is very happy with Barrett - as not only does he have great individual skill - but once the team gets used to reading him I think that he will be a great catalyst for our attack. He is also a good on pitch leader, has good upper body strength and plays with a lot of commitment. In short, Lockyer aside (and that is open for debate), I can't think of a better stand off currently playing the game of rugby league
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds