Giants complain of discrimination

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
adrenalinxx

Giants complain of discrimination

Post by adrenalinxx »

Huddersfield are complaining to the RFL because they believe their players are being discriminated against.

To me this is just a joke, every team gets some bad decision and that is not to blame for them being bottom of the league... poor performances are.
Huddersfield are to lodge an official complaint with the Rugby Football League claiming discrimination.
The Giants are furious after Jamahl Lolesi was charged with striking during their 16-12 defeat at Leeds on Sunday.

They were also angry over a decision to suspend prop Keith Mason following a clash with Leeds' Jamie Peacock in a pre-season friendly.

"We believe our players are being discriminated against," said Giants football manager Stuart Sheard.

"We are asking disciplinary commissioner Norman Sarsfield to investigate the actions of the video review panel and we have a bank of evidence to support our argument."

Lolesi faces an RFL disciplinary panel on Tuesday.

The Giants are currently bottom of Super League after losing all four of their opening matches.
From BBC Sport
Matthew

Re: Giants complain of discrim...

Post by Matthew »

Sounds to me like a (currently) bottom of the table team trying to shift the blame elsewhere.

I don't think that they have had a worse decision from the disciplinary than we had with Fletcher last year.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
damien morrissey

Re: Giants complain of dis...

Post by damien morrissey »

I have to say this is the first time i have heard of this from a RL club.
If every disiplinary ended up like this the game would be in termoil. :angry:
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Perhaps Bradford should issue a complaint cos they keep picking on Terry :lol: :lol: :lol:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Panchitta Marra

Re: Giants complain of discrim...

Post by Panchitta Marra »

adrenalinxx posted:
Huddersfield are complaining to the RFL because they believe their players are being discriminated against.

To me this is just a joke, every team gets some bad decision and that is not to blame for them being bottom of the league... poor performances are.
Huddersfield are to lodge an official complaint with the Rugby Football League claiming discrimination.
The Giants are furious after Jamahl Lolesi was charged with striking during their 16-12 defeat at Leeds on Sunday.

They were also angry over a decision to suspend prop Keith Mason following a clash with Leeds' Jamie Peacock in a pre-season friendly.

"We believe our players are being discriminated against," said Giants football manager Stuart Sheard.

"We are asking disciplinary commissioner Norman Sarsfield to investigate the actions of the video review panel and we have a bank of evidence to support our argument."

Lolesi faces an RFL disciplinary panel on Tuesday.

The Giants are currently bottom of Super League after losing all four of their opening matches.
From BBC Sport
From what i have seen, albeit on televised matches only, Lolesi is lucky to have survived unscathed so far this season, upto this weekends game. He is a happy elbow raiser both in attack and defence, and will have more suspensions before the seaon is out. Certain players week in week out give away a aminimum of one penalty per game, and Lolesi is well included in that bracket. The Giants should concentrate on getting their game right and not twining to the powers that be to pull them out of the mire.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Lolesi seems to sail close to the wind. However, Hudds claim to have evidence and if there is one thing we know about the RFL disciplinary it is very inconsistent. So whilst I doubt they are deliberately acting with prejudice v one club they may well be at fault in terms of how they operate.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

FROM A TO B posted:
Perhaps Bradford should issue a complaint cos they keep picking on Terry :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just the opposite, I'd say! He only got 2 games for clattering Wilkin high & late - how many would he have got if he'd still been at Wigan?

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Isn't this an annual thing; Huddersfield complaining that they are being targetted for being a dity side? I'd have thought it would be a message to get their house in order rather than moaning.