On topic. Genuine question

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
im_a_cuckoo

On topic. Genuine question

Post by im_a_cuckoo »

Saw a bit of the game tonight on Sky until the wife came in and said, quite reasonably, 'What are you watching this for? You don't even like rugby league.' For me, it just demonstrated the lengths I'd go to to avoid 'Comic Relief'.

Anyway. a tactical point occured to me and I was hoping you could enlighten.

Bearing in mind that the team with the ball has six 'plays' before having to hand it over, wouldn't the best ploy be to absolutely hoof the thing before the first tackle came in? Then the next five tackles would take place closer to the try line. It seems that teams only hoof the ball as a last resort and I can't work out why that is. Genuine question.

PS/ Salford packed them in, eh? About as busy as the average Crewe Alexandra game. Top division, you say? Whatever.

DaveO

Re: On topic. Genuine question

Post by DaveO »

im_a_cuckoo posted:
Bearing in mind that the team with the ball has six 'plays' before having to hand it over, wouldn't the best ploy be to absolutely hoof the thing before the first tackle came in? Then the next five tackles would take place closer to the try line. It seems that teams only hoof the ball as a last resort and I can't work out why that is. Genuine question.
You can't score without the ball so kicking it away on the first tackle would mean you would never score as you would never be in possession.

On occasion teams do try an early lick on the 3rd or 4th tackle as the opposition may not have the wingers and full back set for the kick. A team may also try this to gain a "40-20" kick whereby the kicker finds touch n the oppositions 20m area from behind his own 40m line (the ball must bounce before going into touch). Then again a side may elect not to kick at all and will run the ball on the 6th tackle in an attempt to catch the opposition out who will be expecting a kick.

Dave
al299

Post by al299 »

im_a_cuckoo posted:
PS/ Salford packed them in, eh? About as busy as the average Crewe Alexandra game. Top division, you say? Whatever.
And still you don't understand that most of the ground was very very loyal wiganers!!

eg::::- not many salford fans again ---- or still!
lucky 13

Re: On topic. Genuine ques...

Post by lucky 13 »

THINK THE CROWD WAS ABOUT THE SAME AS YOUR AVERAGE FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS BEFORE THE PREM :lol: :lol:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
DaveO

Re: On topic. Genuine ques...

Post by DaveO »

If people are not going to ignore the obvious bait in the original post I am just going to lock it before it descends into another slanging match.

Dave
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

im_a_cuckoo posted:
Yeah, whatever.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But every time you post on here, you reveal what a soft little sh1t you are. Nobody here gives a crap about your team. Yet you are obsessed with us.

We'd be flattered, if we actually gave two hoots about what you pathetic little sh1tehawks thought.