Re: Tony Smith set for GB job

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
shawcross da warrior

Re: Tony Smith set for GB job

Post by shawcross da warrior »

stevo is sure of it i think it would not be to bad but would sooner see a british bloke get the job.....

the black pearl ( Ellery Hanley ) maybe... :doz:
butt monkey

Re: Tony Smith set for GB ...

Post by butt monkey »

Stevo adamant that Tony Smith has got the job. Only after prolonged wailing that it hadn't gone to Shaun McRae - I heard he was only after a club job over here (Sharp's anyone) or nothing at all. Although after tonights result the McRae/Johns link-up may not be far off the mark for the Wire.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Oh dear. Brian Smith and Tony Smith both say the right things and look good BUT when you dig deeper you find both were very ordinary players and both never seem very successful in terms of winning competitions.

Leeds could do a lot worse than go for Ellery
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I'dve gone for Joe Lydon - the only British candidate. An Aussie head coach will not give us the pride in the jersey that we need to match the Kangaroos will to win. A foreign coach (and especially an Aussie) couldn't provide the sort of out-an-out xenophobic nationalist motivation that we require - and if he tried, he would be transparantly hypocritical and therefore not believable. We need a passionate British coach.

Bring on Shaun Edwards (in 10 years when his son is at Manchester Uni or something) - then we will see how good the Aussies really are. Until then, we might still be in trouble.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐