Australian Rugby on Sky?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Martin Taylor

Australian Rugby on Sky?

Post by Martin Taylor »

Can anyone tell me why Sky has not started the coverage yet, when the season is already underwy?
the big i

Re: Australian Rugby on Sky?

Post by the big i »

its on setanta now!!!
Matthew

Re: Australian Rugby on Sky?

Post by Matthew »

Thought that Sky had decided not to show this season? (probably to show yet more football)
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
thegimble

Re: Australian Rugby on Sk...

Post by thegimble »

Matthew posted:
Thought that Sky had decided not to show this season? (probably to show yet more football)
Yes more conference and lower leagues that get 1 man and his dog interested in.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

It's all on Setanta Sports. They show 3 or 4 games a weekend, two of which seem to be live (so on at 04:30). It's £10 per month for the first 3 months, then £15 a month after that. Although prices may increase when Setanta get Premier League football next season.

I suspect there weren't enough people watching NRL on Sky Sports so they decided money was best spent elsewhere. Maybe Setanta got a better deal from Channel 9? Setanta use Channel 9's commentators too so they save money that way.

Sky have got the National League games for free. They nearly had a deal with Eurosport but they wanted the NL Finals too and Sky weren't willing to release the rights. I guess having RL on Sky and getting no money in return is better than no exposure!
CherryandWhiteandProud

Post by CherryandWhiteandProud »

thegimble posted:
Matthew posted:
Yes more conference and lower leagues that get 1 man and his dog interested in.
:conf:

As I have said before, showing lower league rugby is good for the game, the game will get more class as more money from sky is poured in, which will make the game more intresting and narrows the gaps between the two leagues. Altough Sky do show far to much football. Far, far, to much football :angry: .
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

I posted a thread on here called Aussie NRL Highlights, a couple of weeks ago. It is from Big Pond and does exactly what it says on the tin. It is also FREE! although patchy depending on your computer/internet connection.

My own thoughts on the matter, are that SKY's disinterest in the NRL, virtually renders the World Club Challenge match meaningless. Does any one else agree
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Antwigan

Post by Antwigan »

Yep. The games are available on the net to download if you know where to look. The Brisbane v Nth Queensland season opener was one of the best games I've seen. A classic. 50,000 aussies in a great stadium. Had all the makings and it didn't disappoint. Great
Campions of the rugby world.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Antwigan posted:
Yep. The games are available on the net to download if you know where to look. The Brisbane v Nth Queensland season opener was one of the best games I've seen. A classic. 50,000 aussies in a great stadium. Had all the makings and it didn't disappoint. Great
Is it the big pond website you are on about?
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

When I'm rich I will make a Rugby League channel available on digital with live Super League matches as well as NRL matches on Saturday and Sunday with some National League 1 matches live. Other matches will be shown during the week as well as some classic matches. Also included will be some shows like Super League Show and Boots N All but of course better.

Anyone got a spare £20,000,000 I can borrow. :D