Teeth

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
ancientnloyal

Re: Teeth

Post by ancientnloyal »

Dry Socket:

https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Little Miss

Post by Little Miss »

I'm seriously going off you!
The good looking one!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

you was never on me, you dont like my picture lol. am only messing, obviously that isnt dry socket lol

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame
Little Miss

Post by Little Miss »

Go on then smart arse what is dry socket?
The good looking one!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

One of the more common complications people experience after a tooth extraction is that of developing a "dry socket." It is thought that dry sockets occur when either a blood clot has failed to form in the tooth socket (the hole left after extracting the tooth), or else the blood clot that did form has been dislodged and lost. Since the formation of a blood clot is an important part of the healing process, the normal healing of the extraction site is interrupted.

Dry sockets are most frequently associated with difficult tooth extractions or extractions that have been traumatic in nature. An extraction that has involved the removal of bone from around a tooth in order for the dentist to access it, which is often the case when lower impacted wisdom teeth are removed, would be considered to be more traumatic in nature than an extraction where this step was not required.

People who follow their dentist's post-extraction recommendations will reduce their chances of developing a dry socket. Dry sockets are found to occur more often with women (even more so with those taking oral contraceptives), people over the age of 30, and smokers.

Typically dry sockets manifest themselves as a dull throbbing pain which doesn't appear until three or four days after the tooth extraction. The pain can be moderate to severe in intensity and often seems to radiate from the area of the extraction site to the ear. Dry sockets typically create a foul odor or bad taste. Visually, if you can see down into the socket, the extraction site appears "dry," in the sense that you just see exposed bone, there is no formation of pus.

Dry sockets need to be treated by your dentist. And don't be hesitant to let them know that you need their help. Your dentist knows that there is no way to predict who will develop a dry socket, and if one occurs after your extraction they will be eager to assist you.

In most cases a dentist will place a medicated dressing into a dry socket as a treatment. This will help to soothe and moderate the pain. The dressing is usually removed and replaced every 24 hours until the dry socket's symptoms subside, which can, in some cases, take some number of days.

Or something along those lines...

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame
Little Miss

Post by Little Miss »

But there's no hole, if there was room for a whole then it wouldn't have to come out in the first place!

Thanks for that wonderful insite though!

:lol:
The good looking one!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

You're welcome, am I forgiven?

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame
Little Miss

Post by Little Miss »

I suppose but be good from now on.... :wink:
The good looking one!
WxmWarrior

Post by WxmWarrior »

Ancient - I'd like to tempt you with a transfer to my pub team...although don't want to fall foul of any pre-deadline embargo.. :D
"[img]http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7545 ... orsxt9.jpg[/img]"

"...try the veal, I'm here all week.."

doc

Post by doc »

My mate had two wisdom teeth out while at uni. He looked like a hamster for a fortnight with the swelling!!!