Faz past his sell by date......

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Warrior4eva

Re: Faz past his sell by d...

Post by Warrior4eva »

As where discussing Farrell, it's in league weekly that Castleford will attempt to lure Farrell to them should they get promoted.

It mentions that should he be willing to come back that Wigan have also showed a keen interest and the Bulls have inquired.

Is this just fantsay or is there some substance.
Farrell went to play in the world cup, now that this will be over and all the stick he is getting couldn't there be a possibility he may want to return to League. He'll be no use to england after the world cup etc.

Any thoughts???
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

butt monkey posted:
Farrell was still "good enough" when he left. His mistake was delaying an operation in order to play for GB v NZ in the test series. Prior to (cannot remember which SL season start, it was announced that, rest had not cured his dodgy knee and that an operation - ruling him out for 6 months was necessary.

Wigan, imo, should have behaved like Stains usually do, and withdrawn him in order for him to not further aggravate the injury - plus to gain a head start on recuperation.
Just checked - It was the 2004 Tri-Nations Series. As I remember it, Farrell played this series, after which it was announced that he had a "slight" knee injury that "rest" would cure. This did not occur and surgery was advised (Jan/Feb 2005), ruling him out for 6 months - well into the 2005 season.

Just prior to the Super League kick off home match against Salford, speculation was rife that Wigan were prepared to listen to an offer made by the Rugby Union and Saracens.

This was not the first time (and has happened since too) when Wigan would have been better advised (imo) to have demanded that players withdraw from international fixtures in order to "get fit" and endure surgery, with plenty of time for them to recuperate and miss little of the following new season.

Farrell left, but had to full regain fitness whilst still learning a "new code" - a mistake if ever there was one!
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
WxmWarrior

Post by WxmWarrior »

I for one would love to see Andy back for a season or two in the forwards provided he was good value and passed relevant fitness tests. I think he would make a fantastic addition in terms of the go forward and leadership he would provide.
"[img]http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7545 ... orsxt9.jpg[/img]"

"...try the veal, I'm here all week.."

gpartin

Post by gpartin »

butt monkey posted:
butt monkey posted:
Farrell was still "good enough" when he left. His mistake was delaying an operation in order to play for GB v NZ in the test series. Prior to (cannot remember which SL season start, it was announced that, rest had not cured his dodgy knee and that an operation - ruling him out for 6 months was necessary.

Wigan, imo, should have behaved like Stains usually do, and withdrawn him in order for him to not further aggravate the injury - plus to gain a head start on recuperation.
Just checked - It was the 2004 Tri-Nations Series. As I remember it, Farrell played this series, after which it was announced that he had a "slight" knee injury that "rest" would cure. This did not occur and surgery was advised (Jan/Feb 2005), ruling him out for 6 months - well into the 2005 season.

Just prior to the Super League kick off home match against Salford, speculation was rife that Wigan were prepared to listen to an offer made by the Rugby Union and Saracens.

This was not the first time (and has happened since too) when Wigan would have been better advised (imo) to have demanded that players withdraw from international fixtures in order to "get fit" and endure surgery, with plenty of time for them to recuperate and miss little of the following new season.

Farrell left, but had to full regain fitness whilst still learning a "new code" - a mistake if ever there was one!
Why was it a mistake. He got to play against SA in a World Cup and bumped up his bank balance along the way.

His chances of a TV job have been increased 10 fold and his name is on the lips of more people than it ever was in his league days and his salary would have had to have decreased for any league club to have been able to afford him.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Past his sell by date or not Faz is proving to be a champion sportsman. He was applauding the team out of the dressing room when they played the USA and had words with two people as they walked past him one was the captain and the other was Catt.

When he got his chance, with about 5 mins left he made a charging run down the wing, which was as much as Barkley had done by running around some dopey yanks trying to play RU!!

Against the Boks he was definately one of our better players alongside Robinson. He should be one of the first names on the teamsheet of this poor outfit.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Matthew posted:
http://www.skysports.com/rugbyunion/Wor ... 98,00.html

Hyperlinked

He was probably past his best when he left us to be honest. Wingers cross over easily between codes because of their speed or elusive running style, other positions find it more difficult - especially at the highest level
My thoughts too, realistically he played his last GB representative season, could have held another season, maybe, at the JJB. He has never played at centre, so why do these idiots play him out of position when he clearly lacks pace. I watched a Yawnion game, the first match Faz played for a world reprasentative XV against South Africa. The you fly half for SA played the french 10 off the park, in steps Faz at Stand Off (Old League Style) and rips the SA kid to shreds, with his ball handling and timing skills alone. These idiots in Yawnion could spot a good thing if it was sitting on their knee, yet they critisise anything with a 13 in it. I took my kids down to London this weekend, and on the tube trains got glimses of some of the back page media comments about Farrel, in paticular, Comments like 'FAZ the Flop', stuck to mind. I know Faz is passed his best, but positionally the RFU are imbosiles for putting a RL 13 in the centres at his age and lacking pace. The RFU are the ones that should be critisised for their inept positional making decisions. Rubbish media talk again about anything relating to our game.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

Panchitta Marra posted:
with his ball handling
was Leon playing!? :o
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

if faz does come back to league there is only one place he can go and that is back to us. he is wigan through and through and would never dream of pulling on anyone else's colours. i would love to see hom back at wigan for a season then maybe a coaching role