Faz past his sell by date......

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Kol

Faz past his sell by date......

Post by Kol »

No one is to stone anybody until I blow this whistle!
Matthew

Re: Faz past his sell by date....

Post by Matthew »

http://www.skysports.com/rugbyunion/Wor ... 98,00.html

Hyperlinked

He was probably past his best when he left us to be honest. Wingers cross over easily between codes because of their speed or elusive running style, other positions find it more difficult - especially at the highest level
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
butt monkey

Re: Faz past his sell by d...

Post by butt monkey »

Matthew posted:
http://www.skysports.com/rugbyunion/Wor ... 98,00.html

Hyperlinked

He was probably past his best when he left us to be honest. Wingers cross over easily between codes because of their speed or elusive running style, other positions find it more difficult - especially at the highest level
Farrell was still "good enough" when he left. His mistake was delaying an operation in order to play for GB v NZ in the test series. Prior to (cannot remember which SL season start, it was announced that, rest had not cured his dodgy knee and that an operation - ruling him out for 6 months was necessary.

Wigan, imo, should have behaved like Stains usually do, and withdrawn him in order for him to not further aggravate the injury - plus to gain a head start on recuperation.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Matthew posted:
Farrell was fine when he left us but had the most appalling luck first with a nasty toe injury and then a car crash that did his back in.

Had fate dealt him a different hand with respect to those injuries I am sure he would have gone far better in RU than he has and would also have carried on where he left off with us had he stayed in RL. You don't go from MoS and Golden Boot winner to crock overnight.

He moved at the wrong time I think. As he was in his 30's when he left any time out of the game of RU was far more of a consequence to him than if, for example, Ashton faced a similar time on the sidelines.

While I am sure he wanted the challenge he should have stayed in RL realising age was not on his side for a switch.

Dave
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

DaveO posted:
Matthew posted:
Farrell was fine when he left us but had the most appalling luck first with a nasty toe injury and then a car crash that did his back in.

Had fate dealt him a different hand with respect to those injuries I am sure he would have gone far better in RU than he has and would also have carried on where he left off with us had he stayed in RL. You don't go from MoS and Golden Boot winner to crock overnight.

He moved at the wrong time I think. As he was in his 30's when he left any time out of the game of RU was far more of a consequence to him than if, for example, Ashton faced a similar time on the sidelines.

While I am sure he wanted the challenge he should have stayed in RL realising age was not on his side for a switch.

Dave
Wasn't Farrell out with a knee injury when he signed for RU? IIRC he didn't leave until half way through the season - which he didn't feature for for us at all following a knee reconstruction which had failed to "settle". This was discovered at pre-season training (I think in the states) and it meant surgery.

This combined with his horrendous run of luck in the car crash and someone standing on his foot meant that he hadn't played properly in nearly two years.

IMO Farrell went to RU for the pay cheque as much as the challenge. Had he gone a couple of years earlier then he would have been far more successful - not only because he would have been younger; but because he would have been surrounded by better players in the England RU squad.

I didn't watch the game on Friday night (I was busy!) but from what I have heard the only person who had a remotely have decent game was Robinson. The current England (with a fully fit Wilkinson) is not in the top 5 RU sides and even a peak Farrell would struggle to make much of a difference.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

both faz and sculthorpe should never have played in the first tri-nations series.they were both carrying injuries and have never been right since. :angry:
lil_wello

Post by lil_wello »

thats harsh no one would look any good in that england side
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

nah.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Yes.

On £24,999!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

YES as a prop and on the cheap :wink:

Let's get it right England RU stink. It's not down to one man BUT Faz makes a good scapegoat. I am hoping this puts his son off a union career and we can get Owen back playing League and for Wigan