Request to moderators.

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Wayne's World

Re: Request to moderators.

Post by Wayne's World »

God posted:
Wow i never expected such a response from a user name and after all that is what it is A USER NAME.

Im not here to take the Mick out of anybody or any religion.
Im not here to be offensive and im not here as a wind up.Also more importantly im not a Football Fan or Latics fan for that matter.Im here as a Rugby fan and in reference to the great man Trent Barrett.

The response on here from certain members are quite silly and alot of people have jumped to conclusion with knee jerk reactions.

Im just wondering if anybody was overly offended if God was on the back of a persons shirt.

Freedom of speech and tounge in cheek humour is being shut down in this country i thought this country was a democracy? You cant seem to keep anybody happy without offending somebody.I also feel people are jumping on the P.C wagon which is also destroying our country and creating divides.

I wish sometimes people had a sense of humour as this country is depressing enough already.
:( :(
My son has it written on his away shirt.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Bear posted:
Well the religion V Science could go on for days.

i think best thing to do is no one post anything else and lets get on with it
We may not have days. The end of the world is nigh
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

God posted:
Im not the real thing if i was, Wigan would win every week and they dont.
so I take it you dont work a Red Hall then?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

gpartin posted:

So its ok to ridicule them as a religion because they have varying skin colours allowing you to avoid the accusation of racism? :wink:
Pretty much, yeah, except I'm not so much ridiculing them as asking them to keep to keep their beliefs to themselves, as I do (until provoked, as in this issue).

Race & religion are completely separate, and I treat all religions as equal delusions, irrespective of nationality.

IMO, religious people, of all types, are far too touchy about what causes them offence.

For example: remember that Wigan shirt burning episode on youtube a while back? We all treated it as a joke. Can you imagine if, instead of our shirt, it was a Koran or a bible? They'd be outraged.
I don't see any difference in the two actions. The Leigh fans doing the burning were trying to offend, we just rose above it.
Antwigan

Post by Antwigan »

I'm ok with it. I better change my 'once upon the cross' logo by a band called 'Deicide'. Which in itself may be offensive. :o
Campions of the rugby world.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

GeoffN posted:
gpartin posted:

So its ok to ridicule them as a religion because they have varying skin colours allowing you to avoid the accusation of racism? :wink:
Pretty much, yeah, except I'm not so much ridiculing them as asking them to keep to keep their beliefs to themselves, as I do (until provoked, as in this issue).

Race & religion are completely separate, and I treat all religions as equal delusions, irrespective of nationality.

IMO, religious people, of all types, are far too touchy about what causes them offence.

For example: remember that Wigan shirt burning episode on youtube a while back? We all treated it as a joke. Can you imagine if, instead of our shirt, it was a Koran or a bible? They'd be outraged.
I don't see any difference in the two actions. The Leigh fans doing the burning were trying to offend, we just rose above it.

I'm of the opinion that fat, thin, black, white, ginger, christian, muslim, gay, straight whatever are all legitimate reasons for ridicule. Whereas Political correctness states that some of these 'gifts/afflictions' are less ridiculable than others which I think is wrong. I would never condone downright nastiness but as a christian myself the pride and conviction I have in my beliefs should and does help me to take any negative comment and criticism with a pinch of salt. The use of God for a username is quite clearly not a dig at religion in any way shape or form and aalthough a Christian may not choose to use the name themselves we are not in a position to be pushing our views onto others since christianity teaches tolerance. If the user 'God' believed and acted and tried to convince other people that he was God then that would be completely different.

I vote he keeps his name.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

warriors10

Post by warriors10 »

right okay.. i apologise for what is said i was out of order but still this is just rediculous if you ask me.. i mean what harm is he doing having "god" as his user name.. to ask him to change is just stupid. I mean come on why make such a big deal out of nothing?
warriors10

Post by warriors10 »

right okay.. i apologise for what is said i was out of order but still this is just rediculous if you ask me.. i mean what harm is he doing having "god" as his user name.. to ask him to change is just stupid. I mean come on why make such a big deal out of nothing?
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

God posted:
gpartin posted:
GeoffN posted: Pretty much, yeah, except I'm not so much ridiculing them as asking them to keep to keep their beliefs to themselves, as I do (until provoked, as in this issue).

I'm of the opinion that fat, thin, black, white, ginger, christian, muslim, gay, straight whatever are all legitimate reasons for ridicule. Whereas Political correctness states that some of these 'gifts/afflictions' are less ridiculable than others which I think is wrong. I would never condone downright nastiness but as a christian myself the pride and conviction I have in my beliefs should and does help me to take any negative comment and criticism with a pinch of salt. The use of God for a username is quite clearly not a dig at religion in any way shape or form and aalthough a Christian may not choose to use the name themselves we are not in a position to be pushing our views onto others since christianity teaches tolerance. If the user 'God' believed and acted and tried to convince other people that he was God then that would be completely different.

I vote he keeps his name.

This is the best post i have read or even seen anywere on the net.
Im not blowing smoke up your backside because you vote to keep my user name its because it smacks with intelect and a true respect for diversity. :eusa2: :eusa2:
:blush: :lol:

doc

Post by doc »

We all know he's not the Messiah - he's a very naughty boy! :D