Request to moderators.

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
highland convert

Request to moderators.

Post by highland convert »

Moderators please do something about the poster calling himself God. As a Christian I find it highly offensive. It is desgned to mock. I am surely not the only one here that feels like this. You are quick enough to stamp out swearing. A good thing. This to me and I am sure many others is far worse. Please ask that the name be changed. HC
ancientnloyal

Re: Request to moderators.

Post by ancientnloyal »

This 'God' may not be christian, there are several other religions. Also it should be a small 'g'
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

i agree with highland convert on this one is should deffinatly be changed as it is offensive........
wigan1977

Post by wigan1977 »

this is a rugby website, NOT church or bible meetings nothing wrong in the lad calling himself god its just a user name. anyway we could do with god being a wigan fan :)
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

cant see how it is offensive? i think HC you should just have more of a sense of humour about it, how many people reffer to Trent as god?, just because you are activley religious doesn't mean that someone who maybe isn't should not be able to call himself anything he wants.he should be able to call himself god if he likes?, anyway whos to say it isn't actually god? could be?!?!?
:eh:
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

I can see both arguments to be honest. If we had a muslim supporter and he asked for the name Allah not to be used I'm pretty sure the request would be adhered to. However I can't really see what the fuss is about.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Wigan_forever1985

Yeah your probably right although i would tell him the same thing! lol, think if you at peace with your own beliefs that cant see how it matters what other people do or say, i know there is a muslim guy at my work who doesn't drink because he believes it impurifies the soul or something. Thats all well and good and i respect his right to life his life that way, what i dont agree with is when he tells me i shouldn't drink, its not my belief and its wrong for anyone i think to try and push religious views on others
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

So you're not interested in the new transcendental meditation sect I've started. You will burn in hell :)
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Wigan_forever1985

lol! i think the life i led im going to hell in all the major religions lol might get away with it out of one of the smaller crazier ones lol
warriors10

Post by warriors10 »

highland convert posted:
Moderators please do something about the poster calling himself God. As a Christian I find it highly offensive. It is desgned to mock. I am surely not the only one here that feels like this. You are quick enough to stamp out swearing. A good thing. This to me and I am sure many others is far worse. Please ask that the name be changed. HC
:D lmao get a life you sad sad person!