can't believe i'm asking this

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
luke_robinsons_angel

can't believe i'm asking this

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

how many players do man u have that were born in manchester?

my grandad is discussing it with my uncle
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
luke_robinsons_angel

Re: can't believe i'm aski...

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

giggs is welsh isn't he?
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Ryan Giggs father was Danny Wilson an incredibly gifted but lazy Welsh 'half cast' stand off who played for Swinton. He had everything to be great but rarely used it. Had one or two blinders v Wigan back in the early 80s.

Depends what you class as from Manchester? Neville, Brown, O'Shea, Scholes, Fletcher, Giggs were all brought up/raised in GManchester. A lot of the young players who play in say the League Cup will be Manchester products.

As a total side issue. Guess who 'owns' Micah Richards? OLDHAM He was a member of their academy and City could not sign him so they reached an agreement whereby Oldham still'own' him but City have him as a player.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

cpwigan posted:
Ryan Giggs father was Danny Wilson an incredibly gifted but lazy Welsh 'half cast' stand off who played for Swinton. He had everything to be great but rarely used it. Had one or two blinders v Wigan back in the early 80s.

Depends what you class as from Manchester? Neville, Brown, O'Shea, Scholes, Fletcher, Giggs were all brought up/raised in GManchester. A lot of the young players who play in say the League Cup will be Manchester products.

As a total side issue. Guess who 'owns' Micah Richards? OLDHAM He was a member of their academy and City could not sign him so they reached an agreement whereby Oldham still'own' him but City have him as a player.
you cant do that thisday and age bulls**T as they say,just signed a new 5 year contract cant do that if hes a Oldham player
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

yeah i know i thought that....

and there new owner thaskin can easily afford him....

and giggs is a owdam ( oldham) lad he is always in the macdonalds opposite mi dads work with his little lad.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Honestly Mike is is 100% true. Forget what the rules are etc. Check his background and you will see he was at Oldham academy and then went to Man City. A good friend has 2 kids at NW academies and he bumped into Micahs old Oldham Coach watching him at City and he told him the story.
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

shawcross da warrior posted:
yeah i know i thought that....

and there new owner thaskin can easily afford him....

and giggs is a owdam ( oldham) lad he is always in the macdonalds opposite mi dads work with his little lad.
A bit off there fella, Giggs was born in Salford and raised in the Swinton area attended Moorside high and has bought a large plot of land in the leafy hamlet of worsley village. I actually thought he had a little girl with his wife stacy but i could be wrong on that one. Did i read a description of his father as 'half cast' I fail to see the relevance in that comment..
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Damien, I mentioned the racial origin of his father so people could associate Danny with Billy B and a group of Welsh/Afro carribeans that excel at sport and many other things so that they could A) understand just how talented his father was and B) wht Giggs was so gifted athletically etc.

No offence intended but also do we need to be so pc :conf:
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

cpwigan posted:
Damien, I mentioned the racial origin of his father so people could associate Danny with Billy B and a group of Welsh/Afro carribeans that excel at sport and many other things so that they could A) understand just how talented his father was and B) wht Giggs was so gifted athletically etc.

No offence intended but also do we need to be so pc :conf:
CP i wasnt offended but simply didnt see the relevance and trust me i am anything but PC.