what are you all reading?

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
josie andrews

Re: what are you all reading?

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
Is that one of his non-Black Magic books Josie? I believe he worked with the Intelligence Services during the war!
He worked with Ian Fleming & Gregory Sallust is supposedly the inspiration for James Bond according to either his son or grandson
Did you know that Ian Fleming wrote Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?
Yes, thought most people who read a lot did :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
phild1

Post by phild1 »

Wilbur smith great author just got his latest also lee child's latest; got them on my kindle for my birthday(next week}another year bites the dust. Have you ever read CONN IGGULDEN?great read, try THE EMPEROR RERIES also THE CONQUEROR SERIES; well worth a try.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I've got Wilbur Smith's latest also Dan Brown's on my kindle, they're in the queue to be read :lol:
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

I read a particular genre, started by reading " without fail" by Lee Child.
I've gone on to read all his novels and I really like Vince Flynn " Mitch Rapp" series.

jack Higgins " Sean Dillon "
Matt Hilton
Stephen Leather "Dan Shephard"
Tom Wood
Tom Cain
Barry Eisler
Chris Ryan

All the above well worth a read if you like that type of book.
Just started reading Brad Thor " Scot Harveth" series while on holiday here in sunny Orlando Florida ( when we are not at the parks ) :)
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

michael inch stoke wrote:I read a particular genre, started by reading " without fail" by Lee Child.
I've gone on to read all his novels and I really like Vince Flynn " Mitch Rapp" series.

jack Higgins " Sean Dillon "
Matt Hilton
Stephen Leather "Dan Shephard"
Tom Wood
Tom Cain
Barry Eisler
Chris Ryan

All the above well worth a read if you like that type of book.
Just started reading Brad Thor " Scot Harveth" series while on holiday here in sunny Orlando Florida ( when we are not at the parks ) :)
I've been a big fan of Lee Child for years. It was only when I learnt his real name that I vaguely recalled having spoken with him years ago when he worked for Granada TV.

Read all Stephen Leather's Spider Shepherd books. Matt Hilton is in my Facebook. Unlike other 'celebs', authors tend to welcome comments, suggestions and messages and always reply to fans.

A few months back, I tweeted Peter James and pointed out that at one point in his latest book, he called Roy Grace 'Jack Nightingale' by mistake. He replied very quickly that he knew about it and the error had been corrected in further editions! :lol:
bonbon

Post by bonbon »

Can't beat abit of Wilbur Smith, brought up on his books when we lived in East Africa. Currently reading Pharaoh by David Gibbons, think Indiana Jones crossed with Dan Brown. :D
Wigan turnin Blue-My arse
The future is bright, the future is Cherry & White
ANCIENT & LOYAL 1872
Wigan RLFC not just a religion

To do list
Win World Club Challenge-2021
Win Challenge Cup-2021
Win Super League-2020
Win League Leaders Shield-2020
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Oh you mean Dan Jones :cool:
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

It beats me that people have time to read these day's!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Almost finished "Those in Peril" by Wilbur Smith. And then will start his new book "Vicious Circle" ????

WW, I don't sleep well so I read a lot during the night ????????????
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

josie andrews wrote:I've got Wilbur Smith's latest also Dan Brown's on my kindle, they're in the queue to be read :lol:
The latest Dan Brown (Inferno) is very good.
I'm currently into James Patterson (he wrote Along Came A Spider and Kiss The Girls which were made into films starring Morgan Freeman). His 'Private' series and the Michael Bennett or Alex Cross series are very good reads.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS