what are you all reading?

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
up the junction

what are you all reading?

Post by up the junction »

Was wandering what book "if any" you are all reading at the moment when your not trawling WWF.and if like me you have to have a book on the go .I've just finished "for the third time "
a book written in 1950s Titled Air Commando , a true story about a Free French soldier who makes his way to Britain after Dunkirk ,to fight for the Allies in ww 2 and who ends up seconded to the SAS .The story tells how after dropping by parachute into France ,they where betrayed by the resistance and got captured by the SS,and tortured by the Gestapo before being put in front of a firing Squad .Only two men escaped the firing Squad and one of them is a bloke called Tommy Ginger Jones ,who's family still live in Kitt Green .Amazing book .I'm now reading Rogue Warrior ,Blair Paddy Mayne C.O.off 1 SAS in ww 2 and our own Wigan hero pops up quite a few times again in said book .Got into this because Ginger Jones's Grandson ,married my Sister and he told me the tale about the book so I hunted it down via the internet and got a copy.Brilliant
Kittwazzer

Re: what are you all reading?

Post by Kittwazzer »

If anyone has an eReader of any kind, I can recommend a book called Engulfed, available for £1.52 from Kindle. Its written in the name of Malcolm Hollindrake, but the author is actually a good friend of mine who used to live in the next street. He's 'ex-regiment' and this is an excellent first attempt at writing!
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

Just had a quick peep at that KW ,looks ok I'll give it a go after the two I need to finish first ,my parents own a place in North Cyprus so it should be interesting .
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

I am an avid fan of Mark Billingham. Buried,Death Message,From the dead,Lazybones.And so on.Excellent read whilst on my lunch break. :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I've just finished a trilogy of books by Philippa Gregory about the War of the Roses. Before that the Racketeer by John Grisham, before that a series of Dan Shepherd novels by Stephen Leather.

At the moment a Lynda la Plante book titled Backlash. I'm an avid reader & love thrillers.

I will look for the ones recommended tho for my kindle ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

josie andrews wrote:I've just finished a trilogy of books by Philippa Gregory about the War of the Roses. Before that the Racketeer by John Grisham, before that a series of Dan Shepherd novels by Stephen Leather.

At the moment a Lynda la Plante book titled Backlash. I'm an avid reader & love thrillers.

I will look for the ones recommended tho for my kindle ????
Josie I am also a fan of Stephen Leather,Phillippa Gregory,and John Grisham,as such I would highly recommend Mark Billingham. Once started hard to put down. :D
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

KOOCH wrote:I am an avid fan of Mark Billingham. Buried,Death Message,From the dead,Lazybones.And so on.Excellent read whilst on my lunch break. :D
Yes, I'm a big fan of his stuff-think Ive read em all!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Can't find the title Air Commando in Kindle, but have downloaded Engulfed & the first three of Mark Billingham's series of Tom Thorne thrillers

Thanks for the recommendations :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Kittwazzer wrote:
KOOCH wrote:I am an avid fan of Mark Billingham. Buried,Death Message,From the dead,Lazybones.And so on.Excellent read whilst on my lunch break. :D
Yes, I'm a big fan of his stuff-think Ive read em all!
Great minds and all that stuff kittwazzer. :D
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

josie andrews wrote:Can't find the title Air Commando in Kindle, but have downloaded Engulfed & the first three of Mark Billingham's series of Tom Thorne thrillers

Thanks for the recommendations :)
Your welcome Josie. :D