Kate Bush

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
wildbeast

Re: Kate Bush

Post by wildbeast »

Funny you should say that -My sons girlfriend is also a musician/singer from barrow -studying at Goldsmiths. in Barrow at the moment and also gigging. very difficult business-loads of opportunities with modern tech but!
Very depressing when you listen to all the dross charts music
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Not called Jade is she?
wildbeast

Post by wildbeast »

No olivia lumb (liv)
daughters name Jenny Shaw pseudonym Venice Cat

Watch this space -both very talented !
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Will do, my friends daughters called Jade Connolly
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

thing about music is its all personal i am massively into music and i have probably one of the most eclectic library around i think some bands are overrated but it depends by which dimension and at the end of the day its all subjective.

I like a bit of everything from dream theater to slipknot to mcfly and meatloaf and some rap. You cant define what makes music good it is just what you connect with, some people think complex music with different time signatures is what makes it good but some of the best songs ever IMO have contained no more than 3 major chords.

Ed sheeran is revered by many as an excellent song writer most the songs on his first album contained exactly the same chords just played to different beats with a capo on a different fret.

Im not a big fan of kate bush, i respect her talent but its not something that resonates with me.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:) Glad someone else thinks likewise re Ed Sheeran. Lot of hype / advertising re ES and I said to the Mrs, I cannot see what the fuss is about ES, neither of us was impressed, underwhelmed!

What impresses me re Kate Bush is that he was a mere girl, barely out of her teenage years and produced what she did. I tend to lean towards vocals and she fits my taste in that respect but like yourself vocally I admire artists across all genres.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Ed Sheeran nowhere near as talented as some of the modern day singer songwriters out there, take Pro Surfer Donavon Frankenreiter for instance
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

medlocke wrote:Ed Sheeran nowhere near as talented as some of the modern day singer songwriters out there, take Pro Surfer Donavon Frankenreiter for instance
i think if he didnt "rap" aswell or sing fast as it more technically it is he wouldnt have been so successful. I do listen to his stuff and i like some of his songs but as a song writer he is limited, but he is effectively a zz top for modern day he uses the same base for his songs but slightly different tempos and beats to mask it.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
medlocke wrote:Ed Sheeran nowhere near as talented as some of the modern day singer songwriters out there, take Pro Surfer Donavon Frankenreiter for instance
i think if he didnt "rap" aswell or sing fast as it more technically it is he wouldnt have been so successful. I do listen to his stuff and i like some of his songs but as a song writer he is limited, but he is effectively a zz top for modern day he uses the same base for his songs but slightly different tempos and beats to mask it.
why do you say zz top?
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Joe Bonamassa, top musician.