Eddie Jones

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
ian.birchall

Eddie Jones

Post by ian.birchall »

England kick&crap team coach bitter today after struggle against Italy complaining 'that wasn't rugby, it was rugby league'.
Pirrock ????
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
jobo

Re: Eddie Jones

Post by jobo »

Very "unsporting" of the Italians not to play to Jone's game plan and refuse the ruck.
Almost came off for them too ????

Made for a more interesting game.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

If only! Then Farrell, Ford and Teo could show their skills instead :)
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Churlish from Jones, I thought. As the pundits on TV made clear, it's hardly an unknown tactic. I seem to recall Shaun Edwards adopting it in his early days with Wales. And I saw England player Nathan Hughes do it just a few weeks ago. So annoying when the opposition don't do what you expect, isn't it?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

And as for George Ford, judging by the way the French centre trampled over him to get his score, I can't see he'd be too much of an asset in SL.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

moto748 wrote:And as for George Ford, judging by the way the French centre trampled over him to get his score, I can't see he'd be too much of an asset in SL.
Fair point - I hadn't seen that try :)
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

Deliberate offside tactics today by the Italians to stop England moving the ball. Got away with it because they didn't contest the rucks. Jones was quite right in what he said.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

But quite within the laws of the game.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

The England team will beat most teams with one big BUT

The Italians played to a game plan that caught England on the hop and did not expect .

Nobody on the field was able to change the game plan to counter these tactics . It wasn't till half time when the coaches in the dressing room were able to advise them . That what worries me about the likes of Farrell he dosen't seem the be able to play "out f the box" and can't change things on the field if it's outwith the plan

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked
endoman

Post by endoman »

Roby and Higham would have had a field day.