United Kingdom

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Wandering Warrior

Re: United Kingdom

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Gimble
Exactly my point re.cars, however somebody stated that the Krauts needed us more than we need them re. exports. I'm still awaiting an answer to my embellished response to German cars.
I'll pop down and have a Welsh Water, you are in the minority.
Globalisation is not going to change despite folks dreams of Little England and that's how I see it in a nutshell.
As an adage the French will be building nuclear power stations with Chinese money, I expect that to bite us on the botty somewhere down the line.
Furthermore German knowledge and money has turned Skoda cars into quality vehicles with good looks and excellent build quality.
Yes the Germans need us more than we need them especially when we've no alternative!?! But that, as I've stated previously, applies to most things!
Enjoy the watter! :wink:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wandering Warrior

Ted
How can you really have faith in the folk negotiating our future?
Lies, lies and more lies and the body language says it all!
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I don't have any faith in our negotiators at all WW.
They don't know anything about trade or Intl matters.
From the start they told us if we left the EU we'd still have free trade with them, wouldn't have to pay anything in and would be able to control our borders.
Trouble is 17.4m people bought into this utter rubbish.

All these MP's who said they wanted to leave the EU have all admitted they have't a clue what would happen afterwards.
Now they've proved they haven't a clue.
The EU are already running rings round them.

Will May go through with this though?
She doesn't believe in leaving the EU and neither does Hammond.
All May is worried about is her Premiership and her Legacy.
Will she want to be known as the PM who both wrecked the economy and broke up the United Kingdom? I don't think so.
She knows better then anyone that the last three (four) Tory PM's have lost their job over Europe.
She is being driven by fanatical Leavers and has given them the Leaving jobs. They have already said that the UK will end up with the same deal as we had before A50. We now know we won't and so do they.

Is she setting up these Leavers to fail? When they finalise their hopeless deal tell them they've failed on their promises, sack them, remain in the EU and destroy the careers of those who would threaten her premiership.
The Leavers are such a clueless bunch and we are in a complete mess even before we start talks with the EU. Will May go through with all this utter rubbish when she knows demographics mean that the 1.3m majority will be gone in 3-4 years and there will then be no mandate to leave.

Talked to people in two political parties who go along with this and have been saying the same thing for some time.
Time will tell.
Wandering Warrior

Certainly there is going to be plenty eggs flying and landing on chins in due course. It's going to be very interesting. As I said previously, May said folk will have to accept things they didn't vote for to Andrew Neil. That should create a bit of a rumpus with the grinning monkey Farage.
pedro

Post by pedro »

project fear in full swing on here
Wandering Warrior

pedro wrote:project fear in full swing on here
And your point is?
pedro

Post by pedro »

still waiting for armageddon that you've all been predicting....
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

pedro wrote:still waiting for armageddon that you've all been predicting....
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
Wandering Warrior

Simple question for a simple man, is it going to cost us in our pockets when we reach your shangri-la in a couple of years time?
Don't be too long with your answer, I'd like it in your lifetime!
I'm still waiting for your alternative to German cars answer but perhaps you were stuck?
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Well due to the fact that no-one thought people would be stupid enough to vote out (not even the people asking you to do so), there was no plan for it, therefore the shafting we will get will take a while to pan out but like the punishment from a parent thinking of the worse way to make a child pay - its coming
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure