United Kingdom

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
SJ

United Kingdom

Post by SJ »

Watched BBC channel PM's question time when the PM told Scottish Nationlists The. UK was ONE Country and has been for 300 years ( 17 07 Act of Union I think ?).
However If they do wish to leave the Union which I don't think the majority want let them get on with it. We in the SW will gladly accept the Submarine base and I'm sure the NW would welcome more shipbuilding in Barrow.
I reckon there's probably more Scots in England than there is in Scotland anyway.
SJ

Re: United Kingdom

Post by SJ »

The above should really have been in the "laughs" category????????
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

SJ wrote:Watched BBC channel PM's question time when the PM told Scottish Nationlists The. UK was ONE Country and has been for 300 years ( 17 07 Act of Union I think ?).
However If they do wish to leave the Union which I don't think the majority want let them get on with it. We in the SW will gladly accept the Submarine base and I'm sure the NW would welcome more shipbuilding in Barrow.
I reckon there's probably more Scots in England than there is in Scotland anyway.
This sounds a perfect formula for the establishment of Little England, however the requirement of SQEP labour to achieve the work entailed at Plymouth and Barrow could well require the use of the dreaded Johnny Foreigner :exc:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
SJ wrote:Watched BBC channel PM's question time when the PM told Scottish Nationlists The. UK was ONE Country and has been for 300 years ( 17 07 Act of Union I think ?).
This sounds a perfect formula for the establishment of Little England, however the requirement of SQEP labour to achieve the work entailed at Plymouth and Barrow could well require the use of the dreaded Johnny Foreigner :exc:
NO it wouldn't, please think before engaging old mind, there are more than enough skilled ex yard workers in Barrow to take on any work, i expect it would be the same in any of our ship building cities.
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
Wandering Warrior

Wormburner wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:
NO it wouldn't, please think before engaging old mind, there are more than enough skilled ex yard workers in Barrow to take on any work, i expect it would be the same in any of our ship building cities.
There might be plenty who can use a lump hammer but there's not a lot of folk about who can sort out where they need to be used!
Furthermore if the so called ex skilled workers are still there have they been waiting for this opportunity or have they moved onto other things like retirement?
Is this another everyday tale of the crystal ball? :D
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
Wormburner wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote: This sounds a perfect formula for the establishment of Little England, however the requirement of SQEP labour to achieve the work entailed at Plymouth and Barrow could well require the use of the dreaded Johnny Foreigner :exc:
There might be plenty who can use a lump hammer but there's not a lot of folk about who can sort out where they need to be used!
Furthermore if the so called ex skilled workers are still there have they been waiting for this opportunity or have they moved onto other things like retirement?
talking out your arris again i see
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wormburner wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:
Wormburner wrote:NO it wouldn't, please think before engaging old mind, there are more than enough skilled ex yard workers in Barrow to take on any work, i expect it would be the same in any of our ship building cities.
Did you see it in the future?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wandering Warrior

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wormburner wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote: There might be plenty who can use a lump hammer but there's not a lot of folk about who can sort out where they need to be used!
I'll take that as his best reposte for being on the ropes. It's a known fact that the country has less engineers than 30 years ago.
Medlocke and his many alter egos will never change, it's the alpha particles in the Dumbrian air! :D
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wormburner wrote:talking out your arris again i see
I'll take that as his best reposte for being on the ropes. It's a known fact that the country has less engineers than 30 years ago.
Medlocke and his many alter egos will never change, it's the alpha particles in the Dumbrian air! :D
Yet more childish insults, what more can you expect from a man with brain of a child
Wandering Warrior

So that's confirmed your cover blown nicely!
Tell me what was not factual about my comments? You sir replied with the childish comments.
I'll give credit where credit is due, you've managed to abstain from your male appendage comments so far, I'll bet you're really tempted?
The louder you scream, the faster we go!!
Anyway, how do you like the brexit plan left?:D