London Attacks!

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
josie andrews

London Attacks!

Post by josie andrews »

What in God's name is wrong with these people?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03 ... ly-shoots/

Sincere condolences to the families of those innocent people killed today RIP
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
SJ

Re: London Attacks!

Post by SJ »

Tragic. RIP
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I fear that events like this will become more and more common place, thing is weve invested thousands in checking for bombs etc but how do you stop someone driving through a crowd of people you simply cant.

The world is in a regression IMO if you look at whats happening wee are dividing more and more each day and becoming more tribal.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Sad crack R.I.P, the problem is multiculturalism, the end
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

A terrorist was given plaudits on Tuesday on his death and this happens on Wednesday, how ironic?!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wormburner wrote:.....the problem is multiculturalism, the end
Rubbish. He was born here. As was the person who murdered Jo Cox and he was White/British. They are both peas from the same pod.
SJ

Post by SJ »

Wandering Warrior wrote:A terrorist was given plaudits on Tuesday on his death and this happens on Wednesday, how ironic?!
This is something we can agree about. McGuiness was something of a Parodox I think
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

SJ wrote:McGuiness was something of a Parodox I think
He was. I was living in London when the IRA were bombing it. Worked not far at all from where a bomb went off in a McDonalds and there were regular bomb scares.

In Kilburn near where I lived there were pubs where they collected money for the IRA.

I always felt McGuiness was the most ruthless and chilling of the more notorious IRA leadership. He was an IRA commander when Mountbatten and 18 soldiers were killed on the same day. Yet in later life he put aside the guns and took the political route even becoming friends with Paisley.

I saw Norman Tebbit was one of the few dissenting political voices saying he was not going to mourn his passing (to put it mildly). His wife was a victim of the Brighton hotel bomb and has been paralysed ever since.

I can understand that on a personal level. I am sure any relatives of the over 1,700 victims of the IRA won't be sending flowers to McGuiness's funeral though I think even some of them have more about them then Tebbit and recognise talking to McGuiness and the IRA has led to a better situation than stubbornly carrying on fighting. So on a political level it shows Tebbit up. What would he have done had it been him in charge when McGuiness and Adams were making overtures to the British government to end the shooting? Tell him to sod off because of his wife? How many more would have died if he had?

It takes real guts as a politician to do the unpopular things for the greater good such as pardon IRA members as Blair did but he would not have had the opportunity if McGuiness and Adams had not changed tack.

Ironically I don't think Gerry Adams has liked the praise given to McGuiness. He has said he didn't have a road to damascus conversion. I don't doubt McGuiness was still an Irish Republican through and through but I think he had totally abandoned violence.

Unfortunately I don't think we will be getting any McGuiness like conversions away from violence with Isis. They are not after a political solution to anything. They just want us all dead.

thegimble

Post by thegimble »

DaveO wrote:
Rubbish. He was born here. As was the person who murdered Jo Cox and he was White/British. They are both peas from the same pod.
But Dave that was the end of all discussion according to the person you replied to. You got to laugh at people that think that any discussion and solution is based on the level of information they have. Just to come out and say the end is real woeful and lacks understanding of the world..

Your right Dave your reply is very much spot on. If multiculturalism was the issue how have the Welsh, English and Scots managed to not have a war for centruries how have we got on with Europe, USA, Austrtralia and so on for decades or more. We are all culturally different and have different values.

Problem of what happened in London is a heck of a lot larger than multiculturalism. Most terrorism acts since the IRA stopped attacking the mainland UK has been done by British people. Regardless of religion we have an issue of how British people get converted into terrorists in the UK initially.

southernpie

Post by southernpie »

thegimble wrote:
DaveO wrote:
But Dave that was the end of all discussion according to the person you replied to. You got to laugh at people that think that any discussion and solution is based on the level of information they have. Just to come out and say the end is real woeful and lacks understanding of the world..

Your right Dave your reply is very much spot on. If multiculturalism was the issue how have the Welsh, English and Scots managed to not have a war for centruries how have we got on with Europe, USA, Austrtralia and so on for decades or more. We are all culturally different and have different values.

Problem of what happened in London is a heck of a lot larger than multiculturalism. Most terrorism acts since the IRA stopped attacking the mainland UK has been done by British people. Regardless of religion we have an issue of how British people get converted into terrorists in the UK initially.
What is a terrorist? Does anyone know that his actions yesterday were for reasons other than someone with mental health problems going off the rails. Do we know he had a particular ideology to commit this act. Was the Hungerford killings a terrorist act or not?

My sympathies go to all who were hurt or killed and their families
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#