The Rock of Gibralter

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Wandering Warrior

Re: The Rock of Gibralter

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Ted
The Government didn't anticipate anything and we're convinced the referendum would be a remain.
Similarly the folk that voted to leave didn't anticipate what would occur, ably backed up by May's comment to Andrew Neil that Brexit voters will have to accept things that they didn't vote for. That was her only straight statement of the interview and I suspect that immigration was in her thoughts when she batted questions on the same earlier.
I know a gentleman who has just moved to Scotland, he voted leave in the EU referendum but is opposed to the Scots referendum because "that's differrent".
You got to laugh at the mixed up, muddled up World of some?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
SJ

Post by SJ »

I'm not for or against the Sots having a 2Ref that's upto them. However, I think your friend is fundermentally correct even tho' at first blush it doesn't seem so. Your nobobodys fool WW we recognise that but ( there's always a but it seems) :cool: A moments reflection I think the distinctions reveal themselves I thought about what you ,Dave et al have said mainly from the economic stance and they are quite rational even though I am of a different opinion My main concern is what I have dubbed "the Political Creep" of the EU. I don't wish to minimise Your concerns and from what the PM says I don't think she does either. Brexit is now inevitable. Come what may. Time to grasp the nettle(if that is what it is) It's going to be a bumpy ride,the challenge is there Let the cry be "can do,will do" Perceived " problems are not insurmountable Think CHALLENGE not Problem
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Now Howard has implied war with Spain in an option in Gibraltar negotiations. I knew Brexit made war in Europe slightly more likely, but even I didn't anticipate politicians of our current ruling party discussing that option before we are even out.

Maybe someone will suggest something similar to deal with Germany's economic imperialism before too long. BTW what's with this Brexitiers idea that because Germany has a solid economy that somehow makes them an enemy of a Britain and its interests? Oh I forgot, they are foreign.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

Mike wrote:Now Howard has implied war with Spain in an option in Gibraltar negotiations. I knew Brexit made war in Europe slightly more likely, but even I didn't anticipate politicians of our current ruling party discussing that option before we are even out.

Maybe someone will suggest something similar to deal with Germany's economic imperialism before too long. BTW what's with this Brexitiers idea that because Germany has a solid economy that somehow makes them an enemy of a Britain and its interests? Oh I forgot, they are foreign.

we have beaten them twice , NO reason we cant make it three out three
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Wandering Warrior

Donkeys leading lions springs readily to mind.
jobo

Post by jobo »

OAMJSON wrote:
Mike wrote:Now Howard has implied war with Spain in an option in Gibraltar negotiations. I knew Brexit made war in Europe slightly more likely, but even I didn't anticipate politicians of our current ruling party discussing that option before we are even out.

No doubt you'll be in the front line leading the charge?
Wandering Warrior

jobo wrote:
OAMJSON wrote:

No doubt you'll be in the front line leading the charge?
:D
Perhaps we could park our aircraft less aircraft carrier off the coast of Gib and hope Jose doesn't notice any inactivity on the flight deck?