General election

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
SJ

Re: General election

Post by SJ »

Welski wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:
Welski wrote:.and from the intelligence shown do far anyone who votes labour is putting this country at severe risk.
in your opinion.

there have been plenty on none car crash labour interviews but none of these seem to make the news or be talked about.

May goes on the one show and talks about shoes..... shoes.....

please tell me how May is the better choice to head brexit?

her record isnt exactly brilliant.
I don't really mind people talking about whatever the interviewer wants and I'm sure there are plenty of intelligent people on botth sides but the car crash episodes are the ones that should scare us.
Surely you can see it's not just in my opinion after recent events?
Your not alone Welskie
There's non so blind etc. Came home early from Italy to keep an hospital appointment. Asked the nurses there if they were still going to the "food banks " They wet themselves laughing. The idea Labour could win the election doesn't bare thinking about. However in a perverse way I hope they do and see this country go bankrupt and strikes erupt everywhere. No it's just a joke.
SJ

Post by SJ »

Tuned into Fox News Channel. It's currently unavailable due to restrictions around the general election?!
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

SJ wrote:
Welski wrote:
Caboosegg wrote: in your opinion.

there have been plenty on none car crash labour interviews but none of these seem to make the news or be talked about.

May goes on the one show and talks about shoes..... shoes.....

please tell me how May is the better choice to head brexit?

her record isnt exactly brilliant.
I don't really mind people talking about whatever the interviewer wants and I'm sure there are plenty of intelligent people on botth sides but the car crash episodes are the ones that should scare us.
Your not alone Welskie
There's non so blind etc. Came home early from Italy to keep an hospital appointment. Asked the nurses there if they were still going to the "food banks " They wet themselves laughing. The idea Labour could win the election doesn't bare thinking about. However in a perverse way I hope they do and see this country go bankrupt and strikes erupt everywhere. No it's just a joke.
the conservs are already on the way to bankrupting the country.

im glad you were able to ask the question to nurses but foodbanks is one issue in many. did you ask them if the NHS is suffering?

a member of my family works as a NHS nurse and no she doesnt need foodbanks but she also has to budget very tightly each month and one unexpected issue with her house and she could be looking at picking between eating or paying bills. luckly the family will support her (when it has happened and if it does again) but this is a plaster over the fact nurses arn't paid enough 7 years with no pay rises with increasing hours and less resource to work with. that isn't fiction
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

If the polls are anything like correct May will win with an increased majority. Labour will have sunk to its third GE defeat in a row.

Let's see what the real results give.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Caboosegg wrote:
SJ wrote:
Welski wrote: I don't really mind people talking about whatever the interviewer wants and I'm sure there are plenty of intelligent people on botth sides but the car crash episodes are the ones that should scare us.
Your not alone Welskie
the conservs are already on the way to bankrupting the country.

im glad you were able to ask the question to nurses but foodbanks is one issue in many. did you ask them if the NHS is suffering?

a member of my family works as a NHS nurse and no she doesnt need foodbanks but she also has to budget very tightly each month and one unexpected issue with her house and she could be looking at picking between eating or paying bills. luckly the family will support her (when it has happened and if it does again) but this is a plaster over the fact nurses arn't paid enough 7 years with no pay rises with increasing hours and less resource to work with. that isn't fiction
Your right about nurses not paid enough but it is not just them who keep our hospitals running It makes me laugh when ill informed comments go on about the ruining of the NHS . This started 10 years plus ago. I myself have worked as a manager for a hospital for 24 years. I finally in the last couple of months have given in and taken early retirement. At the time of retirement my earnings was the same as it was 5 years ago with no pay rises in the last 5 years. After doing the same jobs for over 15 years me and many more in the NHS had to re apply for our own positions and go through the interview process to do the jobs we had been doing for years. We where then given new bandings. In my case it took me over 2 years to get to the pay level I was on before the restructure as they put it.(my view cost cutting exercise).Only to be given more work more responsibility. My work load up to finishing actually doubled. But I am tip of iceberg many thousands of NHS workers are overworked and underpaid with poor resources. The state of the present NHS blame lies completely with the present Government who instead of stabilising a tilting ship have gone all out to sink it.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Out of interest, do you get a guaranteed pension after working in the NHS?
I think one of the major problems that any Government has to face is the level of guaranteed pension pay outs given to the public sector, which greatly skews the pay analysis.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:Out of interest, do you get a guaranteed pension after working in the NHS?
I think one of the major problems that any Government has to face is the level of guaranteed pension pay outs given to the public sector, which greatly skews the pay analysis.
only if you pay into one. Don't see how it skews any government figures. A pension is a pension whatever job your do and pension you pay into in my case 48 years. But seeing your so interested in the NHS pensions the government altered them to.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Kept in the dark.
Thanks for the first hand info.
From where I'm sat the Tories are intent on "killing" the NHS by stealth.
SJ as for being blind look no further than the end of your nose! You obviously dont need the NHS?!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

My point was simple enough. When people say that X in the public sector has not had a pay increase for Y years they should take into account the pension position. In most private sector jobs we have to find money for our own pensions out of our pay with no double or triple lock. Someone continuing to get a guaranteed pension in this day and age is getting a better overall deal year by year even if their base pay stays the same.
I don't care and support the NHS absolutely but was just pointing out that pensions need to be factored into discussions on pay.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:My point was simple enough. When people say that X in the public sector has not had a pay increase for Y years they should take into account the pension position. In most private sector jobs we have to find money for our own pensions out of our pay with no double or triple lock. Someone continuing to get a guaranteed pension in this day and age is getting a better overall deal year by year even if their base pay stays the same.
I don't care and support the NHS absolutely but was just pointing out that pensions need to be factored into discussions on pay.
But we pay into them like anyone else they aren't free? i pay 9.3%
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure