General election

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
southernpie

Re: General election

Post by southernpie »

And show me anyone in the private sector that pays 11% of their income into a pension scheme as I did as a firefighter
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Well if the exit poles are to be believed strong and stable leadershit is on the agenda. :lol:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:My point was simple enough. When people say that X in the public sector has not had a pay increase for Y years they should take into account the pension position. In most private sector jobs we have to find money for our own pensions out of our pay with no double or triple lock. Someone continuing to get a guaranteed pension in this day and age is getting a better overall deal year by year even if their base pay stays the same.
I don't care and support the NHS absolutely but was just pointing out that pensions need to be factored into discussions on pay.
Well my wife worked for the NHS for 16 years (a long time ago). She managed a health centre in Doncaster. She is now 60 and so qualifies for her NHS pension. I do not mind telling you for the sake of argument here pension gets her cira £9K lump sum one off payment and about £230 a month of a pension.

Since we moved to Chester in 1991 after living in London in the 80's my wife has worked for a nursery school as school secretary (when she went back after we had our kids). He local government pension will be something like £3K lump sum and about £60 a month despite about the same level of service.

So come again on the exorbitant final salary pensions?

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

southernpie wrote:And show me anyone in the private sector that pays 11% of their income into a pension scheme as I did as a firefighter
I do but it is my choice but only because if I didn't my pension would be utterly crap. The fact I do this though is no justification for attacks on pensions for the likes of you and my wife in the sate sector. The problem is not imaginary gold plated state pensions but the fact we offer one of the lowest state pension in western europe.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

May will resign before the day is over!
Personal insults and arrogance got her nowhere. :D
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

May the unelectable what an absolute farce the Tory campaign has been,strong and stable..Jesus wept utterly pathetic

The real star is Corbyn not my cup of tea but simply the boy done well

As did the lib dems :D
Rochdale Warrior

Post by Rochdale Warrior »

Rochdale Warrior wrote:Big mistake not turning up , hasn't got the answers, she said she was too busy meeting the people , guess what millions watched instead of a staged managed appearance in front of 30 people ignoring the general public who are held back behind street barriers, how people can not see this I don't know.
I was not a fan of JC before this election was called but he has gone up in my estimation the way he has conducted himself.
This 100+ majority the Tories expected looks a long way off in my humble opinion.
How long ago was it Call me Dave said we will have a referendum expecting to walk it , funny old world , the people have spoken once , wonder if it will happen again ?
Well well , the arrogance of May and Cameron before her is quite staggering !
What a mess they have got this country into
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

If there's one crumb of consolation, the good people of Hallam, Sheffield have got shut of that wimp Cleggy.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

bill.inger wrote:If there's one crumb of consolation, the good people of Hallam, Sheffield have got shut of that wimp Cleggy.
Think long term that'll help the lib dems,he was the face of the coalition,a grinning buffoon like figure (which he isn't really ),now the lib dems can start to regain some ground in the coming years.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

morley pie eater wrote:Gimble, I agree.

I've kept out of it cos you've done a good job. Unfortunately most people's minds are made up, and a majority are influenced by the media - which was the point of my post.
Thanks for that really appreciated. Very happy today that people of this country have started not to be totally influenced by paper biased right wing agendas.