General election

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
DaveO

Re: General election

Post by DaveO »

Wiganer Ted wrote:With both May and Corbyn saying they will stop free movement of people, quit the single market and the customs union the outlook for post Brexit is dreadful.
Looks like the long transitional deal is dead.
What a complete mess we will be in if all this happens.

I am not sure who they are pandering to re free movement. The day after the vote you could argue the 52% but even for quite a few of them free movement wasn't the issue.

That has been part of the problem from the day that oaf Cameron announced the referendum. Brexit meant different things to different people yet they all voted as if their version of the future was on offer when no one could tell them what was to come.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

DaveO wrote: Brexit meant different things to different people yet they all voted as if their version of the future was on offer when no one could tell them what was to come.
In a nutshell!

When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

And so here comes the "great repeal bill",perhaps now,just perhaps those who put us into this shambolic state of affairs can see how many rights the EU granted us mere plebs,this is frankly where I feel Brexit should come to a halt,act in haste,repent at leisure isn't that the saying?

And those under under the delusion that our rights won't be ammeneded or flat out lost are fooling themselves,governments particularly one a poor as the current government is is only on the side of business,but all those cushy rights we've all become accustomed too well they'll just go at the stroke of pen won't they.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Corbyn is not saying where his party is on this one.
He's playing the Govt like a fiddle.
My bet is carry on with this shambles and May, or whoever is the leader come Autumn 2018 will call a 2nd referendum.
Remain will win by 5m votes and Brexit is dead along with the poltical careers of Davies, Fox and Johnson ending their challenge to May or any future leader of the Cons.
BriH

Post by BriH »

How can the Govt use "Henry VIII" etc. to sign off Bills???

I thought this 'Royal prerogative' went out with Charles 1st?
Or, is the the 'Sovereignty' that leavers wanted restored?
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

There's no auto that the repeal bill will get passed.
Davies saying that "all parties needing to work together" sounds a worried call. Bit like May when she said " if I lose six seats I've lost" It sounds prophetic with hindsight.

If it is defeated does May go for a vote of Confidence?
Anyone know.
SJ

Post by SJ »

Wiganer Ted wrote:Corbyn is not saying where his party is on this one.
He's playing the Govt like a fiddle.
My bet is carry on with this shambles and May, or whoever is the leader come Autumn 2018 will call a 2nd referendum.
Remain will win by 5m votes and Brexit is dead along with the poltical careers of Davies, Fox and Johnson ending their challenge to May or any future leader of the Cons.
Possibly Ted but as of this moment it is merely tendentious speculative guesswork and wishful thinking :cool:
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Of course it is SJ but in the end how wide of the mark will I be?

The demographics are against Brexit and the whole business is simply repeating history and histories mistakes. Like when we previously turned our back on Europe we ended up joining eventually.
So if we do leave, which I doubt, we will become a member of Europe again like we did last time.

Blair now says Brexit can be stopped if the EU meet us half way. They don't have to meet us anywhere as the prospect of leaving gets worse by the day.
Wandering Warrior

We'll be OK! :lol:
Wandering Warrior

Are you on about Farage?