Aruba

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Wandering Warrior

Aruba

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Anybody bin, cast a light on where to stay?
Put my feet on but only for a few hours.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wandering Warrior

Re: Aruba

Cheers. I take that as a no.
I'll have to take a stab on what I've already been told.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Cheers. I take that as a no.
I'll have to take a stab on what I've already been told.
My niece has been, stopped off when they were on a cruise. Obviously she didn't go all round the island but she said what she did was lovely ????

Hope that helps ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Aruba is a very expensive Island, not a place I would stay when there are so many cheaper Island in the Caribbean to stay on. The bus service is good and cheap. Don't hire sunbeds and brollies unless you have taken out a second mortgage.

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Diamond Joe Quimby had many visits with a view to twinning Aruba with Springfield.

Unfortunately it never came off!
Wandering Warrior

Wigan Watcher wrote:Aruba is a very expensive Island, not a place I would stay when there are so many cheaper Island in the Caribbean to stay on. The bus service is good and cheap. Don't hire sunbeds and brollies unless you have taken out a second mortgage.
Thanks for your comments. As I said I've put foot on and am aware that it's rather pricey. I paid $25(£21) for three pints of their own brew lager.
However it's an easy get too with super weather and looks extremely tidy and chilled.
Kitt thanks for your cartoon contribution, I missed that episode.
It's all down to pound notes and other available places.
I've put foot down in St Lucia and wouldn't entertain there, Castries, the capital, is quite intimidating, even at 2 in the afternoon.
Wandering Warrior

Wigan Watcher wrote:Aruba is a very expensive Island, not a place I would stay when there are so many cheaper Island in the Caribbean to stay on. The bus service is good and cheap. Don't hire sunbeds and brollies unless you have taken out a second mortgage.
Name some cheap ones please.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

A great island for cheap beer cheap sunbed and brolly... St Maarten, around $20 to $25 for everything including a bucket of six beers... most of the Islands are good value but I do think Aruba must be the most expensive.

Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Another great Island is in the British Virgin Islands ...
Tortola, this place is amazing, you catch a ferry across to a small island Virgin Gorda... One of the best and most interesting beaches in the world.. google it you will see why!

Wandering Warrior

I've put foot on both islands WW and they are indeed excellent places to visit. Unfortunately you cannot fly directly to Aruba next year and going via places is out of my comfort zone I'm afraid.
I went on a cruise earlier this year and visited St Marteen(a great experience), Tortola, Aruba and another gem Grand Cayman.
Going to a place I've been in Mexico before.
Thanx for your replies.