Josh vVlad

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
SJ

Josh vVlad

Post by SJ »

Big guys. Big Fight. Like to see Josh win but despite Steel Hammers last performance I think experience will win over youth. Hope I'm wrong. I won't be disappointed
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Josh vVlad

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I cant see anything other than a AJ win by KO and i think it will be pretty destructive too.

I havent seen a heavyweight that punches with both the power and speed of AJ in a long long time, Bellew recently commented not since tyson, i would agree. You rarely get combination punchers at the size of AJ.

The only thing standing in his way is his chin, thats not to say he has a bad chin but its not been tested. The closest it got was the fight with Whyte and Whyte did rock him a couple of times.

I think Wlad will start to feel very old in this fight - i just cant see any heavyweight standing up to the power AJ has
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

AJ
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

Anybody know anything else about Joshua supposedly being knock down by one of his sparrining partners
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

AJ has too much speed for Vlad, especially at his stage of his career.

Both class acts though.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Much (a lot) is being made about VK's age.

Imo it's not so much his age but whether his heart is in it.

If the Fury thing was a blip and VK's head/heart is in the right place then AJ will lose.

If it isn't then VK will get knocked out. It's a bit like a 20 year old Bentley up against a brand new BMW M3....

I have a sneaky suspicion that VK will knock AJ out in round 8.........
jobo

Post by jobo »

Class act. Superb.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Phenomenal fight. Joshua showed a lot of heart and guts, and also used his head after being knocked down. Very impressive, especially as it was unknown territory for him.

That uppercut.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

That was the first real test for AJ as a professional.
Klitschko even at 41 is no mug in that frame of mind and he was fit and ready for this fight.
AJ is still learning and quite robotic, he's still to gain much experience against more mobile and experienced boxers which showed to some degree last night.
One thing for sure, he has some heart and determination and the soft jaw that some thought he may have has proven he can recover well from a very solid punch.
That was a hard shot he took in the 6th and still shattered from his exertions in the 5th.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think aj was very nervous going into this fight he did his best to act cool but the nerves were there. I think he burnt up a lot of energy in those rounds and when he had that flurry in the fifth the event got the better of him and it emptied his gas tank. He drags round a lot of muscle and it's hard to replace the energy was that mass starts craving oxygen

He was never hurt - he was knackered! He was trying to get some energy back and he looked far more comfortable in the closing rounds when his energy and strength returned

This fight was exactly what he needed, he knows now what it feels like to be on the cusp of losing. He will know why he was there and will be able to fix it. He probably should aim to trim his muscle mass down, come in a stone lighter imo

He is a brilliant kid though and chuffed to bits, hope he goes on the reign for a long time, he has done what no one else has done for a long time and that's bring the heavyweight division back to life!!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure