Texting Whilst Driving and Drink Driving.

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Wandering Warrior

Texting Whilst Driving and Drink Driving.

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Both carry different punishments and both can cause similar results but what's the difference?
Should it not be 12 months mandatory ban for both?
Furthermore the NHS would have to deal with less cases of cauliflower thumb if the punishment for texting whilst driving was more punitive!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
dontshootthemessenger

Re: Texting Whilst Driving and Drink Driving.

Post by dontshootthemessenger »

I would make the ban life in both cases , only reason I am being so generous is it is a Friday. On Mondays , I would probably suggest life sentences , deportation , etc
SJ

Post by SJ »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Both carry different punishments and both can cause similar results but what's the difference?
Should it not be 12 months mandatory ban for both?
Furthermore the NHS would have to deal with less cases of cauliflower thumb if the punishment for texting whilst driving was more punitive!
The answer is in the question you ask ie both carry different punishment and ones for smoking the other is for texting Simple answer to your initial question
2nd question depend which I was doing when apprended :lol: only joking.....honest!
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Well, should it not be a ban for both is what I'm asking? It won't affect you in either instances I'm well aware!!
So the answer is not there!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Ive always found it hilarious that smoking while driving is not banned.

Its not ok to have a phone call but it is ok to wave a stick of fire around the car. Put it this way if you drop a phone in your lap, youre probably going to have less of reaction than dropping fire
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Drink driving should be a life ban and as fine based on income. Also alcohol level should be nil.

Texting should be 6 points fine based on income 2nd time life ban. In Florida ATM leaving today shocking the amount I see texting and driving.

Op missed out 1 issue speeding. This in built up areas is an issue. Speeding at any 30 and under areas should have the same penalty as texting above for me.

Smoking should be banned dirty habit. Smoking at home only for me.
ian b

Post by ian b »

you want to be out on a motorbike and see these dicks weaving in and out of lanes whilst texting. I agree it should be a minimum 12 month ban because it's selfish and probably as bad as drink driving which is unforgivable
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Drink driving should be a lifetime ban and a £2000 fine
Drug driving the same
Texting should be a 1 year ban and £1000 fine
Sex driving the same as texting
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Fawdoffshed wrote:The only thing a driver should do in a car is drive. Nothing else. Texting, phoning, smoking, eating, drinking should not be allowed. Drive. Simplicity itself. The solution to drink-driving, texting/mobile phone calling? Confiscation of car and crushing it.
I agree but motor manufacturers are competing with each other for how many 'toys' they can fit into a dashboard. Every one is a distraction. Is changing radio channels while driving any less dangerous?