Another Labour front bencher - clueless. Do you REALLY want these people in power?

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Wintergreen

Another Labour front bencher - clueless. Do you REALLY want these people in power?

Post by Wintergreen »

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics ... 35066.html

I would say unbelievable, but alas it's very believable.

I wouldn't trust Labour to run a raffle.
fozzieskem

Re: Another Labour front bencher - clueless. Do you REALLY want these...

Post by fozzieskem »

Just very unprepared as seems the way in this soundbite election
SJ

Re: Another Labour front bencher - clueless. Do you REALLY want these people in power?

Post by SJ »

Wintergreen wrote:http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics ... 35066.html

I would say unbelievable, but alas it's very believable.

I wouldn't trust Labour to run a raffle.
Yes it is I agree but that's Labour for you.
Have you read WW's post re Aruba Fascinating. Austerity really biting. I think it's disgusting when we "Tories" can't afford to heat our castles in Winter. He's even bought his own council property depriving the Council of housing stock to rent to those people who can't afford to get on. the "housing ladder" But that's so called social democrats for you-hypocrites :lol:
SJ

Post by SJ »

fozzieskem wrote:Just very unprepared as seems the way in this soundbite election
Yes I agree (to a point.
I see Dave carried a Nye Bevan quote from 1948 in his last post. It p rovides me an excuse for my own "sound bite from the much quoted line by Abe Lincoln
"You can fool all of the people some of the time,and some of the people all of the time,but you can not fool all the people all of the time. "
This quote the Logicians inform us contains a "scope ambiguity" I'm reliably informed Read logically they are entirely separate propositions which I would say has more than a grain of truth,whereas Bevon's sound bite and Dave's(by association ) is demonstrably false.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

it is bad that they hadn't done full research on the issue before appearing on a radio show. but the host badgers until he get the answer he wanted when they clearly didn't know.

they should take the tory response.

and when they don't know say: we need a strong and stable government and the tories in power would be a train wreck..

... but i asked your about class room numbers

we will be a strong and stable govement, i tell you who won't answer your question the tories. the people of britan need strong and stable leadership.

... i need a figure.

Stong and stable

they could learn a thing or to about dodging the issue from May

These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
SJ

Post by SJ »

That's why Fozzie mentioned "sound bites Duck Egg. Sorry Freudian slip :roll:
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Over the last few weeks, we have seen what a shambles a Corbyn-led government would be and now his leaked manifesto proves it!:
• Jeremy Corbyn wants to lead the Brexit negotiations, but won’t confirm whether we would actually leave the European Union.
• John McDonnell wants to run our economy, but describes himself as a Marxist.
• Diane Abbott wants to be in charge of our police budget, but she can’t count.
LABOUR IS A JOKE AND NOT FIT TO RUN A BATH LET ALONE GREAT BRITAIN!
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

But they brought in ATOS and that was a great success getting the feckless back to work!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Look, let's get to the nub of the matter, anyone who votes Tory is in favour of attacks on the poor, disadvantaged and disabled.

The facts don't lie and so yes, I am referring to you Wintergreen, SJ and Wormburner because unless you are thick or deliberately ignoring the reality, that is what you will be voting for if you vote Tory.

Not some mythical post-Brexit economic miracle inspired by free market laissez-faire bunkum but continued and deep cuts in services and benefits that the poor and disabled people rely on.

As the parent of an Autistic son I know exactly what is going on. If me and my wife dropped dead tomorrow the kind of social care that would have looked after our son have simply vanished since 2010. Gone. You probably have no reason to know this but in typically Tory fashion have not bothered to find out either. It seems to me you view the world from your own standpoint and think if you are OK everyone else must be able to be. It's not like that and since 2010 this country has, collectively, decided to shred the support it used to readily give in favour of tax cuts claiming the world's 7th largest economy can't afford to provide this. It's bullshit. It can but chooses not to.

All we ever get is we spent more than the last lot but where is this money going and why are services being cut if they are? In Chester the entire S.E.N team is being decimated. That is the sort of reality we have in this country. We were actually lucky. Our son is old enough to have had a Special Educational needs Statement which imposed a legal obligation on the council to meet his needs. They don't exist anymore. Now you have an Education and Health Care plan but they aren't worth the paper they are written on as they are not legally binding and if it says your son/daughter needs speech and language therapy for example, if that doesn't exist because it's been cut (as it has here) then you don't get it! Who made this change? Why the Tories of course.

This is the sort of reality of Tory Britain for those who don't fit into the fit, healthy, home owning middle class stereotype.

moto748

Post by moto748 »

DaveO wrote:Look, let's get to the nub of the matter, anyone who votes Tory is in favour of attacks on the poor, disadvantaged and disabled.

The facts don't lie and so yes, I am referring to you Wintergreen, SJ and Wormburner because unless you are thick or deliberately ignoring the reality, that is what you will be voting for if you vote Tory.

Not some mythical post-Brexit economic miracle inspired by free market laissez-faire bunkum but continued and deep cuts in services and benefits that the poor and disabled people rely on.

As the parent of an Autistic son I know exactly what is going on. If me and my wife dropped dead tomorrow the kind of social care that would have looked after our son have simply vanished since 2010. Gone. You probably have no reason to know this but in typically Tory fashion have not bothered to find out either. It seems to me you view the world from your own standpoint and think if you are OK everyone else must be able to be. It's not like that and since 2010 this country has, collectively, decided to shred the support it used to readily give in favour of tax cuts claiming the world's 7th largest economy can't afford to provide this. It's bullshit. It can but chooses not to.

All we ever get is we spent more than the last lot but where is this money going and why are services being cut if they are? In Chester the entire S.E.N team is being decimated. That is the sort of reality we have in this country. We were actually lucky. Our son is old enough to have had a Special Educational needs Statement which imposed a legal obligation on the council to meet his needs. They don't exist anymore. Now you have an Education and Health Care plan but they aren't worth the paper they are written on as they are not legally binding and if it says your son/daughter needs speech and language therapy for example, if that doesn't exist because it's been cut (as it has here) then you don't get it! Who made this change? Why the Tories of course.

This is the sort of reality of Tory Britain for those who don't fit into the fit, healthy, home owning middle class stereotype.

:eusa2: