Another Labour front bencher - clueless. Do you REALLY want these people in power?

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
pedro

Re: Another Labour front bencher - clueless. Do you REALLY want these...

Post by pedro »

jobo wrote:
pedro wrote:on what part? 2 things there
The part were you say the EU stop us from enforcing border controls.

Free movement within Europe was agreed between all the members. Immigration from outside the EU has always been under our sole jurisdiction.
Right so we can stop free movement when we arent a member, we cannot enforce border controls now as its EU policy and they have a higher court than us so will win.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:immigration is not exceptionally an issue in our country its a made up xenophobic piece of propaganda to serve governments that like to blame johnny foreigner for ripping off workers.

Quick glance on fullfact.org a completely independent organisation that soley look at studies and figures found the following

a study considering the period between 1992 and 2014, found that a 1% rise in the share of immigrants reduced averages wages in unskilled and semi-skilled service sector by just under 0.2%.

and this..

A study from 2012 which analysed data from 1975-2005 concluded that the main impact of increased immigration is on the wages of immigrants already in the UK. They find that university-educated immigrants are particularly impacted by migration, but that there is little effect on the wage of the UK-born.

hardly the epidemic that farage and his other xenophobes potray

that people know of, how many are in the country illegally? New legislation had to be brought into all workplaces and is now law that you have to prove you have a right to work in he UK at any interview because the issue was so bad.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Anybody who comes into this country illegally and purposely disposes of any legal identification documents cannot be deported without a lot of time and money being spent!
If anybody voted purely on immigration in the Referendum then they need to wake up!
May has hinted at this during the odd occasions she decides to wear her reality head.
Her face and body language today in Brussels suggested she is urinating and getting it back in her face.
Merkel said she is not interested in Brexit, but Germany and the other 26 EU countries. A pointer indeed that we are going to get a good bumming!
As an extra, foreign farm workers are down in the UK by 20% this year and crops are going unpicked. I wonder how that lack of produce will affect prices in the shops?!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

pedro wrote: that people know of, how many are in the country illegally? New legislation had to be brought into all workplaces and is now law that you have to prove you have a right to work in he UK at any interview because the issue was so bad.
Which is a completely stupid (and typically Tory) way of doing it. My wife as a school secretary has to check if the pupils enrolling at the school have a right to be in the country.

Why on earth is it her job? Do you think the school has been given any more money or time to process this kind of admin overhead? This is the government's responsibility and the governments job.

I say it is typically Tory because the have abdicated their responsibility and put the obligation onto the public and private sector which is their way.

Why have they done this? Well it is immigration control on the cheap. Instead of setting up systems and paying the appropriate customs staff to deal with this they pass the responsibility to employers so they can then cut costs in the civil service who ought to be doing the job.

New legislation did not have to be brought into workplaces at all. It is what the government chose to do because it could not be bloody well arsed sorting it out itself.

Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

DaveO wrote:
pedro wrote: that people know of, how many are in the country illegally? New legislation had to be brought into all workplaces and is now law that you have to prove you have a right to work in he UK at any interview because the issue was so bad.
Which is a completely stupid (and typically Tory) way of doing it. My wife as a school secretary has to check if the pupils enrolling at the school have a right to be in the country.

Why on earth is it her job? Do you think the school has been given any more money or time to process this kind of admin overhead? This is the government's responsibility and the governments job.

I say it is typically Tory because the have abdicated their responsibility and put the obligation onto the public and private sector which is their way.

Why have they done this? Well it is immigration control on the cheap. Instead of setting up systems and paying the appropriate customs staff to deal with this they pass the responsibility to employers so they can then cut costs in the civil service who ought to be doing the job.

New legislation did not have to be brought into workplaces at all. It is what the government chose to do because it could not be bloody well arsed sorting it out itself.
I find this hilarious, DaveO The Great Remainer moaning on about immigration :lol: :lol: :lol: , if you are such are a big fan of the EU and open borders then you should be happy with things like this being put into place, you can't have it all Dave :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wormburner wrote:
DaveO wrote:

I find this hilarious, DaveO The Great Remainer moaning on about immigration :lol: :lol: :lol: , if you are such are a big fan of the EU and open borders then you should be happy with things like this being put into place, you can't have it all Dave :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am not moaning about immigration but the fact my wife has to police it to keep xenophobic idiots like you happy.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I always liked that quote;

"if someone can come to your country with no money, no skills and no connections and still steal your job, maybe you're the one with the problem"
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
SJ

Post by SJ »

DaveO wrote:
Wormburner wrote:
DaveO wrote: Which is a completely stupid (and typically Tory) way of doing it. My wife as a school secretary has to check if the pupils enrolling at the school have a right to be in the country.

I am not moaning about immigration but the fact my wife has to police it to keep
xenophobic idiots like you happy.

The same hyperbole from DaveO
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

SJ wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Wormburner wrote:I find this hilarious, DaveO The Great Remainer moaning on about immigration :lol: :lol: :lol: , if you are such are a big fan of the EU and open borders then you should be happy with things like this being put into place, you can't have it all Dave :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am not moaning about immigration but the fact my wife has to police it to keep
xenophobic idiots like you happy.

The same hyperbole from DaveO
Is he not entitled to his opinion?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

DaveO wrote:
Wormburner wrote:
DaveO wrote: Which is a completely stupid (and typically Tory) way of doing it. My wife as a school secretary has to check if the pupils enrolling at the school have a right to be in the country.

I am not moaning about immigration but the fact my wife has to police it to keep xenophobic idiots like you happy.
I'm not xenophobic Dave, an idiot, maybe, but not xenophobic, racist or any other tag we Brexiteer's are getting put upon us. I for one do not mind immigrants coming to this country as long as it is controlled and the right ones are allowed in, professional people such as Doctors, Dentists, Engineers etc are welcome as we need them as well as other medical staff, immigrant's coming for skilled and semi skilled work i have no problem with either, the immigrants that come here to do nothing but scrounge and thieve a living can stay in their own countries as they are not wanted, we have enough of our own that are like that
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise