Manchester Arena

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
morley pie eater

Re: Manchester Arena

Post by morley pie eater »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Let's not forget that these prove exist to commit their actions at the behest of the apologists.
This simpleton, as a son of Libyan refugees had the opportunity to make something of his life but chose not too. Furthermore the guy arrested was his brother, was he involved?
We are fighting a losing battle with these idiots because they have no self respect so anybody else has no chance.
All in the name of religion, albeit their twisted version.
Sorry I'm not buying don't blame religion.
What chance do we stand when we can't deport convicted paedos and rapists?
Draconian measures are required with folk with draconian thoughts and actions I'm afraid.
I agree with "albeit their twisted version". My point was that blaming (ALL) religion for the actions of a deranged minority is not only wrong, but is what these idiots want you to do - make "us v them", "the west v Islam" etc, when it's actually reason v stupidity.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Katie Hopkins is a stain on humanity who never hesitates to use the pain and tragedy of other people to promote her nasty, misanthropic world-view.
And well said, morley.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

moto748 wrote:Katie Hopkins is a stain on humanity who never hesitates to use the pain and tragedy of other people to promote her nasty, misanthropic world-view.
And well said, morley.
She uses it to promote herself. As I read somewhere by making these comments she has managed to insert herself into the debate. Self promotion is what she is about at seemingly any moral cost.

Complaints to the police have been made apparently over what she said.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I wonder in this age of "instant news"(most of which has been shoddy and lazy) and the seemingly total reliance of social media wether someone like Hopkins would have been so vocal?

I simply hadn't heard of the silly woman before someone posted another story by her on my Facebook page.

moto748

Post by moto748 »

DaveO wrote:
She uses it to promote herself. As I read somewhere by making these comments she has managed to insert herself into the debate. Self promotion is what she is about at seemingly any moral cost.

Complaints to the police have been made apparently over what she said.
Yes, certainly, that too. Appalling woman. I'm not certain that complaining to the polis is the best way to counter her, though.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Let's not forget that these prove exist to commit their actions at the behest of the apologists.
This simpleton, as a son of Libyan refugees had the opportunity to make something of his life but chose not too. Furthermore the guy arrested was his brother, was he involved?
We are fighting a losing battle with these idiots because they have no self respect so anybody else has no chance.
Draconian measures are required with folk with draconian thoughts and actions I'm afraid.
The idea we can't deport "paedos and rapists" is absolute nonsense.

As to blaming religion, the Nazi's didn't need religion to do their dirty work and there were plenty of Nazi fanatics. Islam is just a convenient vehicle to hang an agenda on. I see no difference between those who were fooled into thinking they had to eradicate the Jews in the 30's and 40's and actively took part in that and the ISIS fundamentalists who want to eradicate us "infidels".

It's now being rumored the bombers parents warned security services he was dangerous. If so that is a pretty serious issue because you's have to ask why they did not monitor him so closely this could never have happened.

With the draconian measure of the snoopers charter where the security services will be swamped with data I can see that sort of thing occurring again. Won't be able to see the wood for the trees.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

DaveO wrote:
The idea we can't deport "paedos and rapists" is absolute nonsense.

As to blaming religion, the Nazi's didn't need religion to do their dirty work and there were plenty of Nazi fanatics. Islam is just a convenient vehicle to hang an agenda on. I see no difference between those who were fooled into thinking they had to eradicate the Jews in the 30's and 40's and actively took part in that and the ISIS fundamentalists who want to eradicate us "infidels".

It's now being rumored the bombers parents warned security services he was dangerous. If so that is a pretty serious issue because you's have to ask why they did not monitor him so closely this could never have happened.

With the draconian measure of the snoopers charter where the security services will be swamped with data I can see that sort of thing occurring again. Won't be able to see the wood for the trees.
If you read the God Delusion by Richard Dawkins, he explains, quite logically how God cannot exist and how religion is harmful full stop.

In the specific case of Islam, the entire religion is based on a book that gives as much credence to war as it does peace.

Another book written by man and accredited to God.
ian b

Post by ian b »

Religion is the reason why most conflicts start or exist, how sad
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

ian b wrote:Religion is the reason why most conflicts start or exist, how sad
Sorry, Ian, but I don't think there's any evidence to back up your statement. Indian Mutiny, Boer War, WWI, WWII, Korean War, Vietnam, Gulf War??

From memory, the greatest loss of life in 20th century was (in no particular order) Chairman Mao's Great Leap Forward, two World Wars, Stalin/Soviet Union (?). The Balkans conflict certainly involved religion, as did Iran-Iraq to a limited extent (though both were majority Shia countries and Saddam's role in Iraq was to suppress religion if anything).

I'd be interested in any facts to back up this common assertion. And even if it were true that most wars were fought "in the name of religion", closer examination would show that invariably religion is a pretext or a rallying call to justify other reasons - take Ireland for example.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ian b

Post by ian b »

morley pie eater wrote:
ian b wrote:Religion is the reason why most conflicts start or exist, how sad
Sorry, Ian, but I don't think there's any evidence to back up your statement. Indian Mutiny, Boer War, WWI, WWII, Korean War, Vietnam, Gulf War??

From memory, the greatest loss of life in 20th century was (in no particular order) Chairman Mao's Great Leap Forward, two World Wars, Stalin/Soviet Union (?). The Balkans conflict certainly involved religion, as did Iran-Iraq to a limited extent (though both were majority Shia countries and Saddam's role in Iraq was to suppress religion if anything).

I'd be interested in any facts to back up this common assertion. And even if it were true that most wars were fought "in the name of religion", closer examination would show that invariably religion is a pretext or a rallying call to justify other reasons - take Ireland for example.
a lot of conflicts are sectarian and religion often comes in to it even if it is used as front or excuse to justify mass murder. I agree with a lot of what you say but when you see ethnic cleansing on the scales we have in the past and present the religion of one section of the people is often brought up. The Balkans was a great example.I believe the Ireland conflict was originally over religion but again i agree it was sadly used as an excuse in later years. Iam in no way a religious person but i don't see the sense in killing because you disagree with how they lead their own lives