Manchester Arena

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
josie andrews

Manchester Arena

Post by josie andrews »

Thoughts & prayers for those families that have been affected by the explosion at Manchester Arena tonight.

LIVE: 19 dead, 50 injured in Manchester 'explosion'
Police confirm a number of deaths at the Manchester Arena area following reports of an explosion.

http://news.sky.com/story/live-manchest ... n-10889465.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wandering Warrior

Re: Manchester Arena

Post by Wandering Warrior »

I echo your thoughts Josie. There are so many easy targets and as a regular visitor to there am well aware of the ease that somebody could carry out an anti social action.
Rumours abound that it was in an entrance and I suspect it was the one in Vic station where folk can wonder about at will.
This situation will get much worse, two so far this year, and all in the name of religion, the biggest evil ever invented by man.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Incredibly sad. Children targetted by idiots.

Religion has a lot to answer for.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Oliver Gildarts mum & daughter were there but luckily weren't injured ????

It's just despicable that this is happening to innocent people.

These people who carry out these mindless attacks are cowards not martyrs!

Not soldiers fighting a war!

The government & secret services need to stop being lily livered, they need to round up all these so called 'muslims' that are known to them & publicly shoot them (or if it was me, I'd torture them ????)

This makes me so very angry ???? And so very sad ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Religion is an excuse in my opinion and they hide behind it! They are just murdering lunatics! Most worrying thing is, it will never ever stop and probably only get worse!

So sad, my thoughts are with everyone concerned, stay strong!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Terrible to do such a thing and knowing it was young children.

ISIS has claimed responsibility saying some "soldier" planted "devises" at the Arena. Note the misspelling and plural.

This threat is IMHO different to organisations like the IRA. I doubt ISIS had anything directly to do with it (they seem uninformed when saying "devises") in terms of organising it or supplying explosives. I reckon it will be some psychopaths who have simply latched onto the conflict in the middle east and convinced themselves into doing this in the name of religion.

In other words it's kind of random and so extremely difficult to predict or prevent. There is no organisation to infiltrate or observe that is directly commanding these people or supplying the logistics.
Wandering Warrior

ISIS regularly claim it's their soldiers. If it was their soldiers who are committing these atrocities why wait so long, in this instance 12 hours or so.
I see Katy Hopkins is in trouble for telling it as it is and stating a final solution should be found for ISIS. Some halfwit or halfwits have homed in on Nazi connotations and reported her to the Police. As if they've not got enough to do by questioning a woman who says what a majority thinks?
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Sorry for all affected by this disgusting act.

Blaming religion, or even Islam is a cop-out and a dangerous one as it heightens tensions and antagonism, making a bad situation worse.

At a Bradford V Wigan GF a few years ago, a fight erupted caused (deliberately) by some blokes on the row behind us. My daughter-in-law, at her first match, was scared stiff. The offenders were Wigan fans. Yes they were - definitely, we'd listened to them all through the first half.

Did we blame "Wigan fans" in general for this? Or rugby league fans? Or British blokes?

Religion has been prominent in abolishing slavery (Wilberforce) and fighting against prejudice and for peace (Martin Luther King and Gandhi). Idiots will use religion, nationality or anything else they can think of to promote their idiocy.

Those who blame religion are playing the same game as the terrorists and murderers.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Peter252

Post by Peter252 »

Well said Morley. A far surer way of defeating ISIS would be to find a "true solution"( as Katie Hopkins quickly changed her "final solution" tweet to) to the massive inequality that exists in the middle east. Then we need to find a solution to the disconnect that exists with a minority of British born men of mainly middle eastern ethnicity, to the society that they live in.
It's unfortunate that tragedies such as this give self publicists such as Hopkins a platform on which she is able to spit her venom. But such is the price of free speech.
I eagerly await her call for a true solution to the United States Air force, the next time they bomb a children hospital, somewhere in Afghanstan or the middle east.

As for the call to intern Islamic terror suspects, by the Telegraphs Alison Pearson, does she not remember what internment did for the recruitment of Irish terrorism in the 70's?
Wandering Warrior

Let's not forget that these prove exist to commit their actions at the behest of the apologists.
This simpleton, as a son of Libyan refugees had the opportunity to make something of his life but chose not too. Furthermore the guy arrested was his brother, was he involved?
We are fighting a losing battle with these idiots because they have no self respect so anybody else has no chance.
All in the name of religion, albeit their twisted version.
Sorry I'm not buying don't blame religion.
What chance do we stand when we can't deport convicted paedos and rapists?
Draconian measures are required with folk with draconian thoughts and actions I'm afraid.