More attacks

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Wandering Warrior

Re: More attacks

Post by Wandering Warrior »

dontshootthemes​senger​ wrote:It seems that appearing on a Channel 4 documentaty called 'The Jihadi Next Door' unveiling an IS flag ,doesn't mean that you appear on the current 'person of interest' watch list.
Doesn't inspire me with much confidence in the Intelligence Services really.
Obviously the cost of monitoring all the idiots we allow in this country is huge, so behind closed doors loss of life is a price worth paying in certain quarters, so long as the numbers aren't too high?
Unfortunately one loss of life is one too many when an act of treason is committed.
From where I'm sat it is reasonable to say that May could be complicit in this with her cash saving, but that is well out of line?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I hate the Tories as much as the next man, but unfortunately, even if May does bear some responsibility through police cuts and (especially) cosying up to the Saudis, the paymasters and source of most so-called Islamic terrorism, sadly I don't kid myself, even if these policies were put into reverse tomorrow, the problem wouldn't go away; they can always find some nutter to carry out these terrible attacks.
Wandering Warrior

You're right what you say moto. How about charging anybody who harms military or police with treason?
They are there to uphold the law of the country in their way, and go the whole hog and bring back hanging for it. Why should we fund lowlife like those two who murdered Lee Rigby?
Furthermore they won't be in a position in jail to influence other like minded halfwits.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Wandering Warrior wrote:You're right what you say moto. How about charging anybody who harms military or police with treason?
They are there to uphold the law of the country in their way, and go the whole hog and bring back hanging for it. Why should we fund lowlife like those two who murdered Lee Rigby?
Furthermore they won't be in a position in jail to influence other like minded halfwits.
Capital punishment is hardly a deterrent to suicide bombers, though... :D

In fact I guess they'd love the publicity. Can you imagine the headlines? "First hanging since 1964!"
Wandering Warrior

Lee Rigby' s killers are alive and well and living at HM's pleasure.
Why should we pay for them moto was the point I was making?
If you are caught plotting against the state you pay the price!
Any better suggestions cos to me radical behaviour requires radical punishment!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Simple enough; we pay for them just like we pay/paid for Myra Hindley, Ian Brady, Dennis Nielsen, Harold Shipman, etc etc etc.

Because we're better than these brutal murderers. So we don't sink to their level.

ISIS would love it if we did.
Wandering Warrior

Hindley etc. are lowlife, but small scale compared to these folk.
They threaten the fabric of society and I refuse to be an apologist for their behaviour, I'd pull the handle myself!
Sorry.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Nobody is being an apologist for their behaviour, WW.
Wandering Warrior

I'm not suggesting anybody is, what I am saying is if they survive their actions and are caught they have to pay the same price as their victims. I don't give one whether we are stooping to ISIS level in this instance and maybe they may start to think twice.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wandering Warrior wrote:I'm not suggesting anybody is, what I am saying is if they survive their actions and are caught they have to pay the same price as their victims. I don't give one whether we are stooping to ISIS level in this instance and maybe they may start to think twice.
If we do stoop to their level we just create martyrs and act as a recruiting sergeant for their cause. In exactly the same way as our disastrous military intervention in the middle east has done.