Re: EricRIP

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
SJ

Post by SJ »

For my pet fish Eric who was a Halibut RIP
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Great post to relate the death of a pet fish to the death of a well respected human being?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
LTAWigan4Eva

Re: Geoff Cropper RIP

Post by LTAWigan4Eva »

I might be wrong but did Geof lead Wigan CC to a Lord final.
SJ

Post by SJ »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Great post to relate the death of a pet fish to the death of a well respected human being?
Nonsense My post relates to the subject it refers to ie a fish not a human being.

However FO S 's post I thought he/she had spotted the satire in my. Post. I thought like a jack-in-the-box you'd have something to say about it but being intellectually challenged as you are I should have expected it.
As for respect I'm not taking admonishment from you when you habitually call "human beings" who are old an infirmed "coffin Dodgers "

If your post was in response to mypost was ironic FOS as opposed to literal ologise for any upset. I've causedI make no apology to you WW
SJ

Post by SJ »

SJ wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:Great post to relate the death of a pet fish to the death of a well respected human being?
Nonsense My post relates to the subject it refers to ie a fish not a human being.

However FO S 's post I thought he/she had spotted the satire in my. Post. I thought like a jack-in-the-box you'd have something to say about it but being intellectually challenged as you are I should have expected it.
As for respect I'm not taking admonishment from you when you habitually call "human beings" who are old an infirmed "coffin Dodgers "

If your post was in response to mypost was ironic FOS as opposed to literal i aplogise for any upset. I've causedI make no apology to you WW
SJ

Post by SJ »

For those who don 't get "satire" LETT me give an example.

You may have noticed that the forum is getting more and more like an In Memoriam" which is fine and good that the passing of a person we are aquatinted with passes away unexpectedly and is used to inform and show respect.
However there are people on this forum who post so many R I P's that one starts to question their sincerity even when they are sincere. When I go to a game which is not very often I look among the crowd to find a this person dressed in black and carrying a wreathe

This is satire. My message is leave the grieving and respect to those near and dear and acquaintances (in a standard case) otherwise it could be interpreted as self indulgent and disrespectful. And insincere. Don't milk it!
That's satire.

Just a thought
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

SJ wrote:
SJ wrote:

If your post was in response to mypost was ironic FOS as opposed to literal i aplogise for any upset. I've causedI make no apology to you WW
Relate was the operative word.
Well that's your opinion.
A classic example of disrespect in my nonsense opinion.
Better to have said nowt in this instance.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
SJ

Post by SJ »

I agree with you on two points. Yes your opinion is a "nonsense opinion" as most of your opinions are

2 notice my post expressed a thought A thought in a steam of thoughts is ephemeral ie not enduring BUT when transcribed into a Representation eg "writing it becomes enduring. Without transcribing I can't convey my thought so here's the rub. Either transform an ephemeral phenomenon into a Representation or keep my thought to myself. On reflection I should have kept my thought to myself knowing certain posters eg WW can't "think" in the "Abstract" even tho' he passed his 11+
:cool:
LTAWigan4Eva

Post by LTAWigan4Eva »

Fawdoffshed wrote:
LTAWigan4Eva wrote:I might be wrong but did Geof lead Wigan CC to a Lord final.
Not quite LTA. Wigan CC were beaten in the National Cup by Shrewsbury in 1983 who went on to win at Lord's. I know that because I played for Wigan in that game. Heartbreaking, but it was only a game. As stated earlier Geoff was the best captain I ever played under.

Thanks for mentioning it.
Glory era for WCC. Wasn't there a very good batsmen called Bradshaw ?.
LTAWigan4Eva

Post by LTAWigan4Eva »

I remember growing up and that era of WCC was always to the fore when mentioned. I am probably wrong but I do not remember WCC having huge name pros at the time. Wigan RFL muight have even be formed from Wigan CC bvack in the daye, a very LONG time ago.