Ideas/help required

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Wandering Warrior

Re: Ideas/help required

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Looks like you are going to have a "Beano" of a time Morris, well worth the trip.
Whoever posted that to Rads, well done, cant say I'm surprised with the response though, as he says easy one.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Morris

Post by Morris »

Wow not sure quite what to say other than thank you all so much, my wife and I are extremely moved by this. This will certainly make Scott's day and our entire trip.

Wandering Warrior

10/10 for CP's efforts, even though somebody has done a Tommy Cooper magic trick and made them disappear along with the instructions on how the trick works! :D
doc

Post by doc »

Morris wrote:
doc wrote:
Morris wrote:Yes, I'm sure he'd love to watch the under 19's on the Saturday, will I need to get tickets now or on the day?
Pay on the gate for u19s/16s/reserves. Free if you have a season ticket which I guess you don't. Orrell is limited in terms of wheelchair access, as is Robin Park if fixture is moved there, but you should be ok.
Thanks to all for the information
I think the designated wheelchair area at Orrell is where they do the interviews on Wigan TV looking out over the training pitch so unfortunately there is no protection from the weather (problem with it being an older stadium and principally a training centre rather than a regularly used spectator facility). I think you can get access to the main stand round the back but wouldn't know for sure as I always walk round on the terrace. You can park in the stadium grounds there but I would get there early (1pm for 2pm ko) to ensure a parking place. One of the gatemen is a wheelchair user so he should be able to point you in the right direction.
BriH

Post by BriH »

Morris wrote:I have a severely disabled son Scott who turns 21 in November this year, he has cerebral palsy, autism and is wheelchair bound, despite this and being unable to speak he manages to get what he wants across using gestures and noises. He loves all things Rugby League and especially the Wigan Warriors. We however live about as far down in the Southeast as you can get in Ramsgate Kent, we have managed to watch Wigan quite a few times when the London Broncos were in Super League and Scott had his picture taken with Josh Charnley and Sam Tomkins in 2013 who are two of his favorite players when we came to see you play at the Stoop (An excellent ground for Wheelchair fans) and then came to our first 'home' game in 2015 when you played at Millwall, although this ground wasn't so wheelchair friendly.

This year as it's his 21st birthday we are going to bring him up to Wigan for our first ever game at the DW stadium on the 21st July. We are coming up on the Thursday and have booked a stadium tour for before the game but I'm looking for other things to do with a slightly autistic wheelchair bound lad in the area.

We have tickets in row a of the west stand so come and say hi on the 21st.
A very moving story Morris. I hope Scott and all have you have a fabulous time and very best wishes for the future.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Wandering Warrior wrote:10/10 for CP's efforts, even though somebody has done a Tommy Cooper magic trick and made them disappear along with the instructions on how the trick works! :D
??? What happened :o
Wandering Warrior

He sent morris post to Rads who promised morris and his lad and family a tour round the club and a general good day. He posted under helping morris but managed to get himself banned by stating what he considered a few home truths.
All his posts were removed including the instructions for morris what to do at the ground.
Like him or loathe CP, credit where credit is due!?!
As a further aside, I think Medlocke could be morphing into 3.0 upgrade in the form of Warrior Gilfedder?
Good old Laurie. :D
Morris

Post by Morris »

I think the designated wheelchair area at Orrell is where they do the interviews on Wigan TV looking out over the training pitch so unfortunately there is no protection from the weather (problem with it being an older stadium and principally a training centre rather than a regularly used spectator facility). I think you can get access to the main stand round the back but wouldn't know for sure as I always walk round on the terrace. You can park in the stadium grounds there but I would get there early (1pm for 2pm ko) to ensure a parking place. One of the gatemen is a wheelchair user so he should be able to point you in the right direction.[/quote]

Thank you for the tips, we will definitely get there early unless it's pouring with rain we won't want to be soggy for the drive back south.... :(
Morris

Post by Morris »

BriH wrote:
Morris wrote:I have a severely disabled son Scott who turns 21 in November this year, he has cerebral palsy, autism and is wheelchair bound, despite this and being unable to speak he manages to get what he wants across using gestures and noises. He loves all things Rugby League and especially the Wigan Warriors. We however live about as far down in the Southeast as you can get in Ramsgate Kent, we have managed to watch Wigan quite a few times when the London Broncos were in Super League and Scott had his picture taken with Josh Charnley and Sam Tomkins in 2013 who are two of his favorite players when we came to see you play at the Stoop (An excellent ground for Wheelchair fans) and then came to our first 'home' game in 2015 when you played at Millwall, although this ground wasn't so wheelchair friendly.

This year as it's his 21st birthday we are going to bring him up to Wigan for our first ever game at the DW stadium on the 21st July. We are coming up on the Thursday and have booked a stadium tour for before the game but I'm looking for other things to do with a slightly autistic wheelchair bound lad in the area.

We have tickets in row a of the west stand so come and say hi on the 21st.
A very moving story Morris. I hope Scott and all have you have a fabulous time and very best wishes for the future.
Thanks BriH, Scott is a great lad and will really enjoy coming up to see his/our team play at the home ground. The offer from Kris to show us round and give him a special day will certainly be the icing on the cake.

Generally he doesn't like to do things out of the routine or without his mum, but watching rugby league and supporting the Wigan Warriors has given me that 'father and son' thing that isn't easy to get with children like Scott.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

This was sent to me to put on the forum as a question to the original poster
Allan

Your friend never turned up this evening. Is all ok?

Thanks

Kris
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan