Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Caboosegg

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by Caboosegg » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:31 pm

SJ wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:29 pm
Caboosegg wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:26 am
medlocke wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:56 am
The constituency with the highest number of PhDs per capita voted out
When you can get a PHD in harry potter that ......
If that's true Gabooseggg You've put me on to something Perhaps I could get a PhD in pigeon tossing as long has I didn't need to spell owt😄

Regards Jim
I was over simplyfing someone did it as part of a thesis into pop culture. It just amuses me.
RL's biggest issue is the constant negativity of its own fans.

support verb [ (ENCOURAGE)

"to agree with and give encouragement to someone or something because you want him, her, or it to succeed"

Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:30 pm

Talking of economists, I see 2018 was the worst year for the economy since 2009.
No doubt it's Project Fear?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield

medlocke

Post by medlocke » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:02 am

£32 Billion deal with Switzerland, Some good real news for once instead of the usual anti Brexit fake news :D

SJ

Post by SJ » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:07 am

Mike- I've re viewed my recent posts and those of other Brexiteers on this topic and cannot find any example ,evidence of "doublethink "
Anyway,I'm no Gastalt Phsychologist but the concept bringsto mind Wittgenstein 's Rabbit/Duck drawing were it can be seen as a rabbit and duck but I couldn't see the drawing as both simultaneously Your George Orwllian ? example of "doublethink" ie 2 contradictory thoughts conceived simultaneously is impossible
Now has speech is the vehicle of thought,so to speak say ""It's a duck"
"It's a rabbit" symultaneously"

Impossible innit. 😄🤓
If you cum up with Brexiteer examples of"doublethink " let me know and totally confound me.

medlocke

Post by medlocke » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:00 am

Anti EU rallies in Spain and France, Toulouse brought to a standstill yet the Pro EU/Anti Brexit British media ignore it and don't say a word about it :shock:

SJ

Post by SJ » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:51 am

medlocke wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:00 am
Anti EU rallies in Spain and France, Toulouse brought to a standstill yet the Pro EU/Anti Brexit British media ignore it and don't say a word about it :shock:
No surprise there then Meds. These anti Brexit press will face retribution post Brexit. The Gaurdian is already seeking charity donations from its dwindling readership to remain,get this Meds ,"independent" reporting 🙄

Of cours Brexit may go arse over tit

Still it's not all bad at least DavO et. al can say Told you so.
I can hear Buddy singing "that'll be the day"😳🤓

Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:02 pm

We will just have to wait and see. You call it Anti- Brexit stories but one like Nissan pulling out, Dyson moving head office are serious concerns. Its not just the companies that will be hit its the entire supply chain.

Both side are set in there way and will just dismiss the other points of view.

All thag is left is to wait for who gets to say i told you so and hope they havent destroyed the country (over listening to Nigel Farage/Boris Johnson and a red bus
RL's biggest issue is the constant negativity of its own fans.

support verb [ (ENCOURAGE)

"to agree with and give encouragement to someone or something because you want him, her, or it to succeed"

moto748

Post by moto748 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:56 pm

medlocke wrote:
You mean like this one, Meds?

https://www.thelocal.fr/20180208/why-ar ... n-toulouse

The Toulouse rally was French farmers annoyed that they are not getting enough money from the EU gravy-train!

Because of action by the French govt, not the EU/

Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:01 pm

medlocke wrote:
A bit like the knee cappings and other acts of violence that are going on in NI, particularly Derry, that aren't being reported.
I wonder if the Austrian PM knew more than he was saying on the Andrew Marr Show on Sunday?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield

moto748

Post by moto748 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:41 pm

Wandering Warrior wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:01 pm

A bit like the knee cappings and other acts of violence that are going on in NI, particularly Derry, that aren't being reported.
I wonder if the Austrian PM knew more than he was saying on the Andrew Marr Show on Sunday?
Only recent incident i can find is this, dating from December. Do you know of others?

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news ... 50501.html

Tragic as these incidents are, are you claiming that Brexit will improve things on this front, rather than make things worse? Brexit threatens the status of NI and the GFA. That will do nothing for the fragile peace in Ulster.