Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
SJ

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by SJ » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:34 am

medlocke wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:16 pm
More scaremongering from Dave and Co
Agree Meds. If he thinks the rationale of the government is to catch out little old ladies essayed in the United Emirates publication Then I strongly advise he take up knitting

SJ

Post by SJ » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:09 pm

I've already said many times that the topic title is not a question but an assertion. ( to be a question one needs to express it as one ie"Why will we be worse off through Brexit?
Notwithstanding the incorrect grammar in the topic I have systematically shown the topic because of it being about a future event cannot be determinable until after the event has occurred and in fact I have shown posts proclaiming doom and gloom( and also sweetness and light) are simply opinions My last post calling for the topic to be put to bed actually did that its content being AXIOMATIC I called on whoever disagreed to respond by post and say why. I also said no one could logically do so. I thus put the assertion(quasi question ) logically and metaphorically to bed.

Posters may still want to continue. That's a matter for them but they are simply pi- -ing in the wind.

Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:25 pm

SJ wrote:I've already said many times that the topic title is not a question but an assertion. ( to be a question one needs to express it as one ie"Why will we be worse off through Brexit?
Notwithstanding the incorrect grammar in the topic I have systematically shown the topic because of it being about a future event cannot be determinable until after the event has occurred and in fact I have shown posts proclaiming doom and gloom( and also sweetness and light) are simply opinions My last post calling for the topic to be put to bed actually did that its content being AXIOMATIC I called on whoever disagreed to respond by post and say why. I also said no one could logically do so. I thus put the assertion(quasi question ) logically and metaphorically to bed.

Posters may still want to continue. That's a matter for them but they are simply pi- -ing in the wind.
Excellent. Can't find defence so decides the topic is invalid, yet doesn't stop posting...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

SJ

Post by SJ » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:05 pm

Re Mike. I was expecting a warning😄

SJ

Post by SJ » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:59 am

SJ wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:05 pm

And by the way sarcasm is not one of your more endearing characteristics. Per se 😎

Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:24 pm

SJ wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:59 am
SJ wrote:

And by the way sarcasm is not one of your more endearing characteristics. Per se 😎

I'm not really being sarcastic, I'm just amused by Brexitier doublethink.

medlocke

Post by medlocke » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:56 am

The constituency with the highest number of PhDs per capita voted out

Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:26 am

medlocke wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:56 am
When you can get a PHD in harry potter that is a misleading comment.

Id be more inclined to agree there is something to it if tge constituency with the most PhDs in Economics had voted leave for example and only if these people where leave voters.
RL's biggest issue is the constant negativity of its own fans.

support verb [ (ENCOURAGE)

"to agree with and give encouragement to someone or something because you want him, her, or it to succeed"

SJ

Post by SJ » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:06 pm

Mike wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:24 pm
SJ wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:59 am
SJ wrote:

I'm not really being sarcastic, I'm just amused by Brexitier doublethink.
You may not have intended to be sarcastic Speaker intention doesn't always reflect what from what a heater understands Anyway apologies for me misconstruing your intention. However I don't understand your reference "doublethink "
My last 3 posts are in a word Axiomatic (unequivocally so)
The Economists can't predict the future PhD or no They are not omniscient Mike. The most they can do is warn ie foreshadow what could be the result of Brexit. I for one don't dispute that but I stress the modality of the warning. It's not a done deal so to speak. Anyway I extend the invitation to anyone to show that my argument made on the page prior to this is erroneous. Ph D's specifically welcome😎😊

SJ

Post by SJ » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:29 pm

Caboosegg wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:26 am
medlocke wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:56 am
When you can get a PHD in harry potter that ......
If that's true Gabooseggg You've put me on to something Perhaps I could get a PhD in pigeon tossing as long has I didn't need to spell owt😄

Regards Jim