Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
moto748
Posts: 1952
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:30 pm

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by moto748 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:39 pm

medlocke wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:44 am

The only people that have stated it's down to Brexit on tv are anti Brexit remainers with their own agenda, several motor industry experts have stated it isn't down to Brexit and so has Honda's spokesperson.
As I said before, possibly not in the single case of Honda, but even so, as I saw someone point out elsewhere today,

"When they thought they might have influence in stopping it, they told us it was stupid.

Now they realise it's going ahead, and they have cut their losses, there's not point annoying potential customers by telling them they are stupid."


Whatever your personal views, I know which seems the most rational and likely to me!

Wiganer Ted
Posts: 2202
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:31 pm

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by Wiganer Ted » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:04 pm

We now know that 11 MP's have formed TIG as a breakaway group from both Labour and Tories.
It's in today's paper that last Monday Cabinet members saw May and told her to stop No Deal and extend A50 . They told her also that if she did not they and other ministers and junior ministers numbering 22 would resign the whip and vote against her Bill.
They also told May that if she were to extend A50 herself then none of that would need to happen.
These minsters etc now know they have somewhere to go.
There's a week to go before the vote so how all this plays out will be interesting.

The formation of this TIG changes everything as it is expected they will join with the Lib Dems and Greens to form a centre left Party. There are billionaire backers waiting for all this to occur but it looks like this could be the start of a real change in UK Politics. Timing of all this is unknown to us right now but this appears to have been very well planned. The fact that TIG have set themselves up as a Private Company so they don't have to disclose their donors shows this has been thought through and been quite a while in the making.

User avatar
medlocke
Posts: 7637
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:57 am
Contact:

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by medlocke » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:47 pm

Wiganer Ted wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:04 pm
We now know that 11 MP's have formed TIG as a breakaway group from both Labour and Tories.
It's in today's paper that last Monday Cabinet members saw May and told her to stop No Deal and extend A50 . They told her also that if she did not they and other ministers and junior ministers numbering 22 would resign the whip and vote against her Bill.
They also told May that if she were to extend A50 herself then none of that would need to happen.
These minsters etc now know they have somewhere to go.
There's a week to go before the vote so how all this plays out will be interesting.

The formation of this TIG changes everything as it is expected they will join with the Lib Dems and Greens to form a centre left Party. There are billionaire backers waiting for all this to occur but it looks like this could be the start of a real change in UK Politics. Timing of all this is unknown to us right now but this appears to have been very well planned. The fact that TIG have set themselves up as a Private Company so they don't have to disclose their donors shows this has been thought through and been quite a while in the making.
Petulant children spitting out there dummies, All they have in common is Brexit, In 5 weeks time when we leave they are going to be up slack alley, Uncle Teds Anti Brexit Fantasy Funland fails again

Caboosegg
Posts: 1199
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by Caboosegg » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:37 am

Just hope this spells the end of Corybn mania and we get a decent labour leader

Andy Burnham please :)

On the car companies leaving, they are all major customers for the company i work for so we shall see how many jobs are lost on the back of this. As 1 of my 2 teams process most of that work potentially we could end up redundant.

In general though this has been the quietest 2 months i have seen in the 8 years there. We supply gas and equipment and its normally only this quiet at christmas when the industrial sector shuts down.
RL's biggest issue is the constant negativity of its own fans.

support verb [ (ENCOURAGE)

"to agree with and give encouragement to someone or something because you want him, her, or it to succeed"

fozzieskem
Posts: 2360
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 10:54 am

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by fozzieskem » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:32 am

Caboosegg wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:37 am
Just hope this spells the end of Corybn mania and we get a decent labour leader

Andy Burnham please :)

On the car companies leaving, they are all major customers for the company i work for so we shall see how many jobs are lost on the back of this. As 1 of my 2 teams process most of that work potentially we could end up redundant.

In general though this has been the quietest 2 months i have seen in the 8 years there. We supply gas and equipment and its normally only this quiet at christmas when the industrial sector shuts down.
While I agree with you over Corbyn I get the feeling the left wing fantasists have control over the Labour Party and it’ll lurch Into a ragged mess populated by people who long for a return to the 70s..

The new party I suspect they have the funds to make a dent but it’s all a bit to loose at the moment it needs a leader something that they don’t have,that could be the downfall of it really before it even gets going

Wiganer Ted
Posts: 2202
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:31 pm

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by Wiganer Ted » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:50 am

See that Dominic Grieve has said if May goes for No Deal he will quit the Party.
He's expecting the meaningful vote next week.

User avatar
medlocke
Posts: 7637
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:57 am
Contact:

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by medlocke » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:30 pm

The UK ran a £14.9bn budget surplus in January, the largest since records began. We're 3️⃣6️⃣ days away from a clean WTO Brexit & the economy is going from strength to strength: record employment, wages rising, Project Fear busted!

DaveO
Posts: 13860
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:32 pm

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by DaveO » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:36 pm

medlocke wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:47 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:04 pm
We now know that 11 MP's have formed TIG as a breakaway group from both Labour and Tories.
It's in today's paper that last Monday Cabinet members saw May and told her to stop No Deal and extend A50 . They told her also that if she did not they and other ministers and junior ministers numbering 22 would resign the whip and vote against her Bill.
They also told May that if she were to extend A50 herself then none of that would need to happen.
These minsters etc now know they have somewhere to go.
There's a week to go before the vote so how all this plays out will be interesting.

The formation of this TIG changes everything as it is expected they will join with the Lib Dems and Greens to form a centre left Party. There are billionaire backers waiting for all this to occur but it looks like this could be the start of a real change in UK Politics. Timing of all this is unknown to us right now but this appears to have been very well planned. The fact that TIG have set themselves up as a Private Company so they don't have to disclose their donors shows this has been thought through and been quite a while in the making.
Petulant children spitting out there dummies, All they have in common is Brexit, In 5 weeks time when we leave they are going to be up slack alley, Uncle Teds Anti Brexit Fantasy Funland fails again
Good grief I agree with Medlocke in this thread!

If the 11 had said they were prepared to sacrifice their careers on the single issue of Brexit in an attempt to stop it then they would have my admiration but they actually seem to think they will be forming a political party.

How in earth could it be a centre left party with disaffected Tories in it? How is it possible for MP's who have been Labour MP's in some cases for decades accept a set of policies that Soubry, a died in the wool Tory, agrees with?

When it was just the Labour splitters the first question that came to my mind was, what do they disagree with that was in the last Labour manifesto? Their position was all about what they didn't like (Corbyn and charges of anti-semitism) but are they now against the Labour policy on corporation tax, a higher rate of personal tax if you earn over £85K or policies like taking the railways backin to state control? Many of which poll well?

If they are then they aren't centre left but I am sure Soubry and the other Tories would not be signing up for a party that was thinking about any of that.

Now the Tories have joined (and if any more do) it's going to be easy for Labour to paint them as even worse than New Labour red Tories by pointing at the voting records of the former Tory members.

When it was just ex-Labour MP's in it, I feared a repeat of the 1980's where the SDP kept the Tories in office for 18 years. This is different. Back then all the defectors to the SDP were Labour MP's and the leaders had all held high office. So it was no surprise they split the Labour vote. These lot are mostly nobodies and they are a marriage of convenience such that I have no clue how they can write a manifesto they can all agree with.

Finally they have already said they won't topple May's govt. Not that they can anyway given the current numbers but if more join and they don't threaten to do that they have ZERO leverage over her and her government and this can also be used against them.

DaveO
Posts: 13860
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:32 pm

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by DaveO » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:51 pm

medlocke wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:30 pm
The UK ran a £14.9bn budget surplus in January, the largest since records began. We're 3️⃣6️⃣ days away from a clean WTO Brexit & the economy is going from strength to strength: record employment, wages rising, Project Fear busted!
And thankfully Medlocke duly obliged so I can get stuck into his propaganda! :)

The budget surplus is the difference between govt spend and tax receipts. January is always a surplus month (as that is when HMRC gets the dosh from self assessment etc) but it is considerably higher than usual this time.

The trouble is Hammond has been told to spend more in order to end Austerity. I mean if we hadn't achieved this on the back of huge cuts to public services it really would be something to shout about but it's come not because of fantastic growth but on the back of cuts. If Austerity is over (believe it when I see it) he's going to have to spend more and make his figures look bad.

He's also got the problem that come September he's going to have a £12bn hole in the public finances when the smoke and mirrors used to hide the cost of student loans is removed and it hits the bottom line.

And of course as to Brexit, we have not left let yet. Hammond has set aside a fighting fund of £15bn he expects to have to literally chuck down the toilet if we leave with no deal.

Wandering Warrior
Posts: 3183
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:09 pm

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by Wandering Warrior » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:11 pm

What I want to know when does Medxit occur? :lol:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield

Post Reply