Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Wiganer Ted

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by Wiganer Ted » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:02 pm

Watching tv earlier and they were saying there is a lot of support for the "Kyle amendment" which is proposed by Labour MP Peter Kyle.
It would involve accepting May's deal with the extension of A50 and a guarantee of another referendum. They think Corbyn and Labour will back it as it gets rid of the the threat of No Deal and fulfills their commitment to another referendum.
They also thought the vote will be next Wednesday.

morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:20 pm

medlocke wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:30 pm
The UK ran a £14.9bn budget surplus in January, the largest since records began. We're 3️⃣6️⃣ days away from a clean WTO Brexit & the economy is going from strength to strength: record employment, wages rising, Project Fear busted!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hope you never need the NHS, Meds. Or lose your job, or need social care. Oh, but then, you must be one of the mega-rich who'll never need help?

The trivial amounts from January's tax income won't go far in replacing everything that's been cut since 2010. The booming economy is evidenced by the faith of the money markets, where the pound has fallen from $1.40 to $1.10...and only climbed back to $1.17 cos a no deal Brexit now looks unlikely.

Then again, facts and evidence are not your strong point, are they Meds?

medlocke

Post by medlocke » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:09 pm

morley pie eater wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:20 pm
medlocke wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:30 pm
The UK ran a £14.9bn budget surplus in January, the largest since records began. We're 3️⃣6️⃣ days away from a clean WTO Brexit & the economy is going from strength to strength: record employment, wages rising, Project Fear busted!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hope you never need the NHS, Meds. Or lose your job, or need social care. Oh, but then, you must be one of the mega-rich who'll never need help?

The trivial amounts from January's tax income won't go far in replacing everything that's been cut since 2010. The booming economy is evidenced by the faith of the money markets, where the pound has fallen from $1.40 to $1.10...and only climbed back to $1.17 cos a no deal Brexit now looks unlikely.

Then again, facts and evidence are not your strong point, are they Meds?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:53 pm

This is fact:
"Right boys and girls I want you to vote for my deal which was on offer a couple of weeks ago and you rejected. Nothing has changed but I want you to vote for it cos BREXIT means BREXIT! Approximately 17.5 million voted for a product that they thought they were getting that didn't exist and despite the fact they are only a third of the population I intend to deliver it!!"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield

morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:14 pm

It's gradually been dawning on me . . .

May was a remainer. She gets to be PM:
"What can I do about Brexit? I know! I'll promise to deliver - 'Brexit means Brexit'. I'll appoint the most useless negotiator I can find...er... I know, David Davis!"
"If he resigns I'll replace him with Dominic Raab aka Raab C Nesbit. Ill give Failing Grayling responsibility for ferries - hee, hee, I'm enjoying this!"
"I'll leave anyone with any intelligence, like Dominic Grieve, Ken Clarke, Nicky Morgan, on the backbenches where they're sure to come up with a way of stopping my Plan A . Then I'll kick the can down the road right up to the last minute, and keep repeating 'It's my deal or No Deal', so the only option for Labour, SNP, Plaid Cymru, Lib
Dems, Greens *and* half the Tory Party will be to vote for a 2nd referendum with Plan A versus Remain."

Bingo! By the end of this week, she's laughing all the way to Brussels :lol:

DaveO

Post by DaveO » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:53 am

Well Cox, the attorney general has given his legal advice on May's attempts to sort out the issue of the backstop:
However, the legal risk remains unchanged that if through no such demonstrable failure of either party, but simply because of intractable differences, that situation does arise, the United Kingdom would have, at least while the fundamental circumstances remained the same, no internationally lawful means of exiting the Protocol’s arrangements, save by agreement.
The DUP have already said they can't see how they will back it so it comes down not to legal opinion but to politics. Will the ERG and hard line Brexiteers accept May's deal just to secure any form of Brexit? Will Labour MP's in leave voting areas enable a Tory Brexit?

Of course if it does go through without DUP support, bang goes their support for the government.

Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:22 pm

Briexiters - should MPs accept this deal, or hold out for a better one?

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:41 pm

Reject it. May resigns. GE In order to get a new mandate and sort out this mess.

I voted Leave but the way it’s been handled by the Tories is awful. If we wipe the slate clean and have a revote in 1 year I’m happy with that. I’d still vote Leave

fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:56 pm

ancientnloyal wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:41 pm
Reject it. May resigns. GE In order to get a new mandate and sort out this mess.

I voted Leave but the way it’s been handled by the Tories is awful. If we wipe the slate clean and have a revote in 1 year I’m happy with that. I’d still vote Leave
I voted remain I’ve never made a secret of that

I ask this as an honest question did you really expect this abysmal Tory government to get it right?Major would have,Thatcher yes like it or not not,they had sharp minds surrounding them,not this bunch of chancers,that Labour can’t get them out is a stain on the Labour Party.

At a time we need political giants we’ve got this bunch of arseholes..sorry for the bad language but it’s how I feel about them all

Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:31 pm

fozzieskem wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:56 pm
ancientnloyal wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:41 pm

I voted remain I’ve never made a secret of that

I ask this as an honest question did you really expect this abysmal Tory government to get it right?Major would have,Thatcher yes like it or not not,they had sharp minds surrounding them,not this bunch of chancers,that Labour can’t get them out is a stain on the Labour Party.

At a time we need political giants we’ve got this bunch of arseholes..sorry for the bad language but it’s how I feel about them all
Every decent politican found a way to avoid being involved in the mess that is brexit.

I generally hope May goes, i also want Corybn to go, if we get an election, the parties need to show what there plan for the UK and we need serious politicans for that not this current bunch of rift raft.

Out of curiosity for orginal quoted post why would you still vote leave? Most of the stuff spouted e.g soverinty/nhs/trade deals are easy has been proven false what reason is it you still hold to?
Last edited by Caboosegg on Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RL's biggest issue is the constant negativity of its own fans.

support verb [ (ENCOURAGE)

"to agree with and give encouragement to someone or something because you want him, her, or it to succeed"