Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
ancientnloyal

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by ancientnloyal » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:55 pm

It should have been a cross-party job from the start with people who know what they’re doing at the helm. How many Brexit ministers have there been?

I am disillusioned with Labour and Corbyn and strongly believe there is Momentum Labour and New Labour (blairite kind of). Students and lefties have ruined the real values we live by especially “up north”.

I have no question or doubt that Leaving is the best option, just the complete mess we have created has spoiled what could have been a GREAT Britain being a strong, independent trading nation.

I’d back a general election to get a mandate. Sadly Corbyn isn’t the person to lead it for Labour... Tony Blair would have nailed May to a cross (and started a war with Egypt or someone) but she would be down and out long ago.

David Miliband where is thou?

Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:08 pm

But again what has made you believe leaving is the best choice.

American and austrila rejected out wto terms, tariffs reduce trade not increase it.

Alot if our trade terms are through the EU agreement. countries dont want to give us the same terms as we will be a smaller econemy.(America and Australia)

I voted remain as we know where we stand with the EU,i know what rights and chances my kids will have (basically i accept the status quo). i really do want to understand why people think leaving will be better, when everything has shown it wont be?
RL's biggest issue is the constant negativity of its own fans.

support verb [ (ENCOURAGE)

"to agree with and give encouragement to someone or something because you want him, her, or it to succeed"

Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:40 pm

Maybot's got to go now doesn't she?

fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:53 pm

Mike wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:40 pm
Maybot's got to go now doesn't she?
Like a limpet she’ll cling on,I mean the tories aren’t bathed in greatness are they at the moment

morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:38 pm

ancientnloyal wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:55 pm
It should have been a cross-party job from the start with people who know what they’re doing at the helm. How many Brexit ministers have there been?

I am disillusioned with Labour and Corbyn and strongly believe there is Momentum Labour and New Labour (blairite kind of). Students and lefties have ruined the real values we live by especially “up north”.

I have no question or doubt that Leaving is the best option, just the complete mess we have created has spoiled what could have been a GREAT Britain being a strong, independent trading nation.

I’d back a general election to get a mandate. Sadly Corbyn isn’t the person to lead it for Labour... Tony Blair would have nailed May to a cross (and started a war with Egypt or someone) but she would be down and out long ago.

Just had this kind of discussion with my son. I agree that traditional ("northern"?) Labour values seem largely to have been lost. I'd sum it up as "people like us" or at least "people who understand us".

Neither Tony Blair or Corbyn come into that category, but then neither does David Miliband! Maybe Tom Watson, Dennis Skinner, Lisa Nandy?

I think the media are too focused on left v right whereas, for many of us, it may be more about the type of person that we feel is "like us" or at least who can understand us.

Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:32 am

morley pie eater wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:38 pm
ancientnloyal wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:55 pm

Just had this kind of discussion with my son. I agree that traditional ("northern"?) Labour values seem largely to have been lost. I'd sum it up as "people like us" or at least "people who understand us".

Neither Tony Blair or Corbyn come into that category, but then neither does David Miliband! Maybe Tom Watson, Dennis Skinner, Lisa Nandy?

I think the media are too focused on left v right whereas, for many of us, it may be more about the type of person that we feel is "like us" or at least who can understand us.
Andy Burnham.... hes a rugby fan as well😂
RL's biggest issue is the constant negativity of its own fans.

support verb [ (ENCOURAGE)

"to agree with and give encouragement to someone or something because you want him, her, or it to succeed"

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:49 am

It’s the bloody politicians that are going to ruin this country with their petty squabbles & arguments 😡
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage.

SJ

Post by SJ » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:47 am

Correct Josie.
The simple fact is We were asked a very simple question. A yes/ No question. The result was yes we want to leave. What do people not understand about that result?
Latter Parliament voted overwhelmingly to leave with or without a deal on the 29th March this result passed into Priimary legislation. OK so far. So Josie your right Politicians have undermined Democracy of this country by not carrying out , without equivocation of any kind. The wish of the people and their own electrol mandates not withstanding the Attorney Generals legal advice which was a valiant legerdemain attempt to portray a "No change" to the Irish Back Stop which had previously been defeated by Parliament into a "Yes"

medlocke

Post by medlocke » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:30 am

No deal on the 29th, After a few months You will all be ok, I'll be eating Poutine at Red Top Drive Inn

SJ

Post by SJ » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:55 am

Get stuffed Meds(food wise I mean. 😄