Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
DaveO

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by DaveO » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:51 pm

medlocke wrote:Patrick Minford Professor of economics at Cardiff University

Professor of economics or DaveO, I know which one I believe
Then you must believe him when he says an inevitable result of Brexit is the end of UK manufacturing and UK Agriculture?

As he does. Do you think that is a good outcome?

DaveO

Post by DaveO » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:09 pm

josie andrews wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:10 pm
josie andrews wrote: Wigan voted “Leave” and what does the elected MP for Wigan do, but vote against what her constituents want! Where’s the democracy in that? Load of two faced barstewards the lot of them Image

They all want firing off!
She is your representative, not your delegate. She campaigned for remain because she believed that was best for her constituents. What do you want in your MP, a poodle or a hypocrite? If it’s a poodle then you need to be ready to tell her how to vote on everything. And become an expert on everything.
I don’t profess to be an expert Dave, but it appears that you do & know everything there is to know about politics & Brexit, so why are you not running for or a MP?

I try not to get involved in this discussion I’m not interested in politics, all I was saying & have ever said is that they are all self serving, two faced hypocrites who care for themselves not the people or the country & just like to have slanging matches against one another!

Bit like on here sometimes Image
There is a lot of serve serving going on, the best example being Boris Johnson with others like Raab not far behind who change their position to what they think will benefit their leadership aspirations.

The point I was making about how Wigan voted is a lot of people give politics scant thought yet they were asked to vote on Brexit. Who knew about the Northern Ireland border issue or what a customs union was before the vote? I didn’t but I do now.

Those pig farmers I mentioned rely on the EU to sell into yet voted Leave as if being “patriotic” and leaving would not affect their business. We pay MP’s to understand the complexities and it is their job to do so. What we got instead was a pack of lies from the Leave side about what was possible such that those pig farmers thought voting to leave was not going to be incompatible with their business.

There is an agenda behind Brexit that isn’t what was sold to the public and it is a hard right extreme capitalist one.

How people were influenced to vote in this is only slowly coming to light.

Have a read of this and see how the manipulation continues. There is someone chucking more money at persuading MP’s to go for a hard Brexit than political parties have spent combined this year.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2 ... SApp_Other

medlocke

Post by medlocke » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:14 pm

DaveO wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:51 pm

Then you must believe him when he says an inevitable result of Brexit is the end of UK manufacturing and UK Agriculture?

As he does. Do you think that is a good outcome?
Yes, We should become a tourism paradise instead

Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:44 pm

medlocke wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:16 pm
Patrick Minford Professor of economics at Cardiff University

Michael Gove said people are fed up of experts pre referendum, why should folk believe yon mon? :lol:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:37 am

Why did David Cameron decide to have a vote by the people in the first place? Surely these so called very well public school educated people would know what would happen if or when we left the EU?

Were they so arrogant to think it wouldn’t backfire? Did they not even anticipate the ins & outs before putting it to the public to vote?

Did they not think that Brussels & it’s gravy train MPs would make our country, who they have always despised anyway, it’s leaders & it’s people fight amongst each other & practically causing a revolution

Then you have the other self serving arrogant imbeciles, conning & denying to the public into what would actually happen if we left!

No one surely anticipated it would cause so much trouble? Two years on & we are no further forward other than to be up in arms with each other!

It’s just a bloody farce!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage.

jobo

Post by jobo » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:54 am

josie andrews wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:37 am
Why did David Cameron decide to have a vote by the people in the first place? Surely these so called very well public school educated people would know what would happen if or when we left the EU?

Were they so arrogant to think it wouldn’t backfire? Did they not even anticipate the ins & outs before putting it to the public to vote?

Did they not think that Brussels & it’s gravy train MPs would make our country, who they have always despised anyway, it’s leaders & it’s people fight amongst each other & practically causing a revolution

Then you have the other self serving arrogant imbeciles, conning & denying to the public into what would actually happen if we left!

No one surely anticipated it would cause so much trouble? Two years on & we are no further forward other than to be up in arms with each other!

It’s just a bloody farce!
Read the book "All out war" by Tim Shipman.

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:14 am

Nobody has addressed the real reason why wigan and Leigh voted Leave... in our daily lives. Think about it. It’s not economy but immigration. I’m not being funny but that is the main reason is it not why northern towns voted Leave?

SJ

Post by SJ » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:32 am

medlocke wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:14 pm
DaveO wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:51 pm

As he does. Do you think that is a Bgood outcome? this
Yes, We should become a tourism paradise instead
Me to Meds. Minford been right more times than Mark Carney

SJ

Post by SJ » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:00 am

Mike wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:32 am
SJ wrote:Whatever happened to Democracy. We're a world laughing stock from which we will never recover in my lifetime if ever. I'm ashamed to be British. The U.K. Is destined to break up. Gad I'm on my last legs. Why did we fight 2 World wars? Why did my relatives die fighting for a country of Clowns s
Hooray!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Like I've said before sarcasm isn't your finest characteristic. I'm assuming your Hooray is a response to me saying I'm on my last legs. You'll notice I've amended my word that caused so much offence but I still think it😂😜