Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
fozzieskem

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by fozzieskem » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:51 am

SJ wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:42 pm
I think the D day commemoration will cement our relationship with the USA. Bye bye EU
Yea looking forward to that trade deal,from a president who makes no bones of looking inward and putting America first and foremost

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:00 am

Genuine question for the Brexiteers

Lets just say in theory Brexit goes ahead and we leave the EU

What would it take for you to feel you got it wrong and it was a mistake - or no matter how bad things were would you stand by it being a good decision?

To counter for me as a remainer the same question flipped

I would accept it was the correct decision if i saw prices fall (or remain steady as all prices rise eventually), my travelling throughout Europe wasn't servery impacted and my current rights were not regressed (working time directive etc).

But what would be the point as a brexiteer you feel its was a bad decision?
Always be yourself - unless you can be Dan Bilzerian then ALWAYS be Dan Bilzerian!

jobo

Post by jobo » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:06 pm

Wigan_forever1985 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:00 am

What would it take for you to feel you got it wrong and it was a mistake - or no matter how bad things were would you stand by it being a good decision?

I would accept it was the correct decision if i saw prices fall (or remain steady as all prices rise eventually), my travelling throughout Europe wasn't servery impacted and my current rights were not regressed (working time directive etc).

There's a quote by Mark Twain that says
"It's easier to fool someone than it is to convince them they've been fooled"

I doubt that any fanatical brexiteer would ever admit they got it wrong, even if they were drowning in chlorinated chicken.

medlocke

Post by medlocke » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:22 pm

Never as long as we are out of the EU :D

medlocke

Post by medlocke » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:24 pm

Wiganer Ted wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:31 pm
Come off it SJ, I didn't misunderstand a thing with GM. That was the whole point of replying to Meds post.
After all, who is there anywhere that takes any of Meds posts seriously?
Is this true Ted, Don't tell me I've been wasting my time all these years :lol:

SJ

Post by SJ » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:29 pm

jobo wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:06 pm
[quote=Wigan_forever1985 post_id=462712 time=<a href="tel:1559642459">1559642459</a> user_id=3365]

I doubt that any fanatical brexiteer would ever admit they got it wrong, even if they were drowning in chlorinated chicken.
[/quote]
I would like you to characterise "fanatical Brexiteer"
I voted to leave deal or no deal that was my choice made without reservation or cohesion of any kind
Clorinated chicken was never a consideration Not then or now. We won the referendum. Nothing to be fanatical about. I wasn't fooled by anyone fanaticism never entered into the equation. In fact the only fanaticism is manifested by the antics of all those who didn't and still don't accept the result. In fact the above posters to which this post is a response are the fanatics. I only speak for myself. I can't speak for any other Brexiteer. 🍷Cheers

SJ

Post by SJ » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:07 pm

In my last post edit"cohesion" and add coercion and procrastination

Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:13 pm

But SJ the referendum is none binding and has no legal power of enforcement.

Basically if Brexit is truley bad for the country parliament shouldnt just be blindly putting it through. After all there job is to do what is best for the country regardless of any refs.

Would you let a child play with a socket if they wanted to, just because they dont understand the dangers.

If i had any confidence in the current sorry excuse of a government and main opposition party i would maybe think that brexit is going to be beneficial however they have all proved to be nothing more than self serving and in many cases will be making personal profit from brexit.

Then again is we leave and my kids are no worse of when they come to needing a house/job/health care then i wouldnt happily admit that i got it wrong saying leave would be bad.

But when we have a healthcare system like America with millions uninsured or unable to get the right health care due to their package. Or if we become rent a nation where owning a home is a pipe dream, would you in that situation admit that voting leave was bad?
RL's biggest issue is the constant negativity of its own fans.

support verb [ (ENCOURAGE)

"to agree with and give encouragement to someone or something because you want him, her, or it to succeed"

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:58 pm

SJ wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:29 pm
jobo wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:06 pm
[quote=Wigan_forever1985 post_id=462712 time=<a href="tel:1559642459">1559642459</a> user_id=3365]

I would like you to characterise "fanatical Brexiteer"
I voted to leave deal or no deal that was my choice made without reservation or cohesion of any kind
Clorinated chicken was never a consideration Not then or now. We won the referendum. Nothing to be fanatical about. I wasn't fooled by anyone fanaticism never entered into the equation. In fact the only fanaticism is manifested by the antics of all those who didn't and still don't accept the result. In fact the above posters to which this post is a response are the fanatics. I only speak for myself. I can't speak for any other Brexiteer. 🍷Cheers
[/quote]

So are you saying that regardless of how negative an impact it has on the country you stand by it? (im not saying it is going to be negative the question is if it were)

I have seen responses from the likes of farage and his supporters which completely baffle me that will argue we will be better off but then as that argument gets torn into will literally revert to saying things along the lines of (and i quote farage directly here) "what price freedom" - so in other words getting out of the EU even if it makes us economically worse off is some how a victory for anyone?!?! the irony of course being that one of the biggest objections is the money given to the EU.

Its like selling a car and saying im not paying autotrader the £25 for an advert ill do it on my own and putting a piece of paper in the window narrowing my market to locals only one of which finally buys it for £2000 less than i would of got if i paid the £25 and someone claiming it was a victory
Always be yourself - unless you can be Dan Bilzerian then ALWAYS be Dan Bilzerian!

SJ

Post by SJ » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:12 pm

I don't respond to hypotheticals especially has they beg the question. Now go away and cry in your soup💤