Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Caboosegg

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by Caboosegg » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:31 pm

SJ wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:12 pm
I don't respond to hypotheticals especially has they beg the question. Now go away and cry in your soup💤
Wasn't the entire leave campaign done one hypotheticals?

We could spend this supposed 350 million a week going to the EU on the NHS.
RL's biggest issue is the constant negativity of its own fans.

support verb [ (ENCOURAGE)

"to agree with and give encouragement to someone or something because you want him, her, or it to succeed"

Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:33 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48516348

Ah good old Nigel yeh someone just gives you 450k to "leave politics" the same person who has always been an major supported of anti EU parties

🙈🙉🙊

"to agree with and give encouragement to someone or something because you want him, her, or it to succeed"

shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:46 am

fozzieskem wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:51 am
SJ wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:42 pm
I think the D day commemoration will cement our relationship with the USA. Bye bye EU
Yea looking forward to that trade deal,from a president who makes no bones of looking inward and putting America first and foremost
That's what we should do rather than pandering to all and sundry. Who removed the balls from this country and put a set of spineless clowns in Parliament?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards

Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:59 am

SJ wrote:
I don't respond to hypotheticals especially has they beg the question. Now go away and cry in your soup💤
Comfy on the ropes Jim?
You'll be watching Love Island next!! :lol:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield

Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:02 am

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:46 am
fozzieskem wrote:
SJ wrote:
I think the D day commemoration will cement our relationship with the USA. Bye bye EU
Yea looking forward to that trade deal,from a president who makes no bones of looking inward and putting America first and foremost
That's what we should do rather than pandering to all and sundry. Who removed the balls from this country and put a set of spineless clowns in Parliament?
Well, here we are, the 51st state! :D
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield

fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:08 am

fozzieskem wrote:
SJ wrote:
Well make no mistake old boy Trump let the cat out of the bag that the NHS has to be on the table,great stuff so that’s the real cost of brexit the gift that’ll keep on giving

Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:42 am

fozzieskem wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:08 am
fozzieskem wrote:

Well make no mistake old boy Trump let the cat out of the bag that the NHS has to be on the table,great stuff so that’s the real cost of brexit the gift that’ll keep on giving
And for anyone who bother looking how biased and unfair the american healthcare system is should be worried.

But people don't generally look past the catch phrases used to sell something 😂.

But the conservs will be happy after all they appointed Hunt as health care secretary at one point, its not like he was involved in a paper about how to dismantle the NHS or anything.

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:10 am

Caboosegg wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:42 am
fozzieskem wrote:

And for anyone who bother looking how biased and unfair the american healthcare system is should be worried.

But people don't generally look past the catch phrases used to sell something 😂.

But the conservs will be happy after all they appointed Hunt as health care secretary at one point, its not like he was involved in a paper about how to dismantle the NHS or anything.
the sad fact is by the time the real consequences to Brexit should it happen kick in most of those who voted for it will be dead.

I have had a great deal of difficultly trying to get anyone to debate Brexit from a Brexiteer point of view so its really hard to understand their views. It usually follows a set pattern - they reel off the preposterous claims by Farage and you counter with facts they dont want to hear and they just shut down completely and refuse to debate anymore its the equivalent of the old fingers in the ears lalalala im not listening tacic used by children

Sadly though there is a generation who have bought into the propaganda and have found a home and outlet for their either borderline or fully racist and xenophobic views
Always be yourself - unless you can be Dan Bilzerian then ALWAYS be Dan Bilzerian!

SJ

Post by SJ » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:34 am

Caboosegg wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:31 pm
SJ wrote:
Wasn't the entire leave campaign done one hypotheticals?

We could spend this supposed 350 million a week going to the EU on the NHS.
I'm not getting into going thro the leave campaign in toto again
Speaking for myself. I like you responded to the question "in" or "out". I voted out. Nothing hypothetical about that. Why? Because being out we are not constrained by the vissisitudes of the EU. Nothing hypothetical about that. NHS didn't enter the equation for me. What the leave campaign said has you quote above"We could spend etc"you recognise that has hypothetical ie not factual. The verb could is a MODAL verb it contrasts with other modal verbs in particular the modal verb WILL that contrast is significant. Why ? because it determines the Modality of the quote above or its Intentionality Which you recognise has being "hypothetical" which MAY"(another modal verb) or may not be fulfilled.
My reasons for voting the way I did was purely political which I have said many times till blue in the face. As for the economic factors. I have consistently said that we will determine that only retrospectively.
The Remain strategy was also hypothetical Why? Because only the good Lord and Dave are omniscient 😀 Bless him

fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:35 am

Wigan_forever1985 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:10 am
Caboosegg wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:42 am
fozzieskem wrote:

the sad fact is by the time the real consequences to Brexit should it happen kick in most of those who voted for it will be dead.

I have had a great deal of difficultly trying to get anyone to debate Brexit from a Brexiteer point of view so its really hard to understand their views. It usually follows a set pattern - they reel off the preposterous claims by Farage and you counter with facts they dont want to hear and they just shut down completely and refuse to debate anymore its the equivalent of the old fingers in the ears lalalala im not listening tacic used by children

Sadly though there is a generation who have bought into the propaganda and have found a home and outlet for their either borderline or fully racist and xenophobic views
Trying to get into the brexiteer mind is like trying to catch smoke,impossible,

Your last few lines hold more than a grain of truth too