Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
SJ

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by SJ » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:12 pm

Wigan_forever1985 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:10 am
Caboosegg wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:42 am
fozzieskem wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:08 am

Well make no mistake old boy Trump let the cat out of the bag that the NHS has to be on the table,great stuff so that’s the real cost of brexit the gift that’ll keep on giving
And for anyone who bother looking how biased and unfair the american healthcare system is should be worried.

But people don't generally look past the catch phrases used to sell something 😂.

But the conservs will be happy after all they appointed Hunt as health care secretary at one point, its not like he was involved in a paper about how to dismantle the NHS or anything.
the sad fact is by the time the real consequences to Brexit should it happen kick in most of those who voted for it will be dead.

I have had a great deal of difficultly trying to get anyone to debate Brexit from a Brexiteer point of view so its really hard to understand their views. It usually follows a set pattern - they reel off the preposterous claims by Farage and you counter with facts they dont want to hear and they just shut down completely and refuse to debate anymore its the equivalent of the old fingers in the ears lalalala im not listening tacic used by children

Sadly though there is a generation who have bought into the propaganda and have found a home and outlet for their either borderline or fully racist and xenophobic views
Well WF1985

I hope that your thought that when the consequences of Brexit is realised all those who voted for it will be DEAD will be a comfort to you. I have told you I had your card marked and your pathetic remark satisfies just what I think of you!

SJ

Post by SJ » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:13 pm

Wigan_forever1985 wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:

Well make no mistake old boy Trump let the cat out of the bag that the NHS has to be on the table,great stuff so that’s the real cost of brexit the gift that’ll keep on giving
And for anyone who bother looking how biased and unfair the american healthcare system is should be worried.

But people don't generally look past the catch phrases used to sell something 😂.

But the conservs will be happy after all they appointed Hunt as health care secretary at one point, its not like he was involved in a paper about how to dismantle the NHS or anything.
the sad fact is by the time the real consequences to Brexit should it happen kick in most of those who voted for it will be dead.

I have had a great deal of difficultly trying to get anyone to debate Brexit from a Brexiteer point of view so its really hard to understand their views. It usually follows a set pattern - they reel off the preposterous claims by Farage and you counter with facts they dont want to hear and they just shut down completely and refuse to debate anymore its the equivalent of the old fingers in the ears lalalala im not listening tacic used by children

Sadly though there is a generation who have bought into the propaganda and have found a home and outlet for their either borderline or fully racist and xenophobic views
Well WF1985

I hope that your thought that when the consequences of Brexit is realised all those who voted for it will be DEAD will be a comfort to you. I have told you I had your card marked and your pathetic remark satisfies just what I think of you!
Who knows it may turnout to have been the best thing we could have done

shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:29 pm

fozzieskem wrote:
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:46 am
fozzieskem wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:51 am

Yea looking forward to that trade deal,from a president who makes no bones of looking inward and putting America first and foremost
That's what we should do rather than pandering to all and sundry. Who removed the balls from this country and put a set of spineless clowns in Parliament?
I am not referring to Brexit, I am talking about our elected representatives who are quite honestly a simple waste of time. The Commons couldn’t organise a tea party. We have the Tories who are split and couldn’t make a decision if their lives depended on it. We have the Marxist party who is led by a Hamas and IRA sympathiser. Have a senior MP who refers to 17.2 million people as Nazis! A London Mayor who spends tax payers money on blimps and tries to convince us that he is neither racist and supports equality. If anybody had told me that the Labour Party would have lost an election in Wigan, in my lifetime, I would have called them a liar. We have a Social Democratic Party who should be reported to Trading Standards for false advertising, what is democratic about them? They are run by a doddering old guy who has been knighted for doing his job (badly in my view), who seems to have a selective memory - it is interesting that he criticises Trump for getting involved in the Tory PM selection process but he cannot remember Obama advising us that we should not leave Europe. We have the SNP who are so inwardly looking that they are solely disinterested in the UK and the Greens who can’t have an argument in Parliament between themselves. This country is shot at, what was once a major power is now just a puppet of the world. We need men and women who put us first, who have got the ability and will to speak out and defend our values and put the great back into this country. Alas, I now believe it is beyond redemption.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards

Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:19 pm

SJ wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:34 am
Caboosegg wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:31 pm
SJ wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:12 pm
I don't respond to hypotheticals especially has they beg the question. Now go away and cry in your soup💤
Wasn't the entire leave campaign done one hypotheticals?

We could spend this supposed 350 million a week going to the EU on the NHS.
I'm not getting into going thro the leave campaign in toto again
Speaking for myself. I like you responded to the question "in" or "out". I voted out. Nothing hypothetical about that. Why? Because being out we are not constrained by the vissisitudes of the EU. Nothing hypothetical about that. NHS didn't enter the equation for me. What the leave campaign said has you quote above"We could spend etc"you recognise that has hypothetical ie not factual. The verb could is a MODAL verb it contrasts with other modal verbs in particular the modal verb WILL that contrast is significant. Why ? because it determines the Modality of the quote above or its Intentionality Which you recognise has being "hypothetical" which MAY"(another modal verb) or may not be fulfilled.
My reasons for voting the way I did was purely political which I have said many times till blue in the face. As for the economic factors. I have consistently said that we will determine that only retrospectively.
The Remain strategy was also hypothetical Why? Because only the good Lord and Dave are omniscient 😀 Bless him
So that would appear the none negotiation term case proved!? :lol:
As was stated earlier, when the ramifications kick in in the majority of protagonists will be coffin lid watching and a burden to their kids beyond the grave!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:43 pm

SJ wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:12 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:

Well WF1985

What about my remark is pathetic?

The highest % of voting for brexit were the over 65's (64% to 36% source YouGov) - as the average life expectancy is ~80 (source office office of national statistics) this means in around 15 years time on average people from that demographic will have died - its not me being factious they are the facts. The next demographic down where the over 50's who also voted this way. however by contrast under 50 the vote was won by the remain side so it stands to reason that the longer time goes on the more people who did not vote for this are effected by it.

There is a play on xenophobic views to gain credibility for the reason to leave the EU most namely immigration policies - Farage used an actual copy of a Nazi propaganda poster to highlight the immigration issue so i dont think its a large stretch to see the angle he is using and might i add thats been very effective

I dont see what part of my post was pathetic?
Always be yourself - unless you can be Dan Bilzerian then ALWAYS be Dan Bilzerian!

SJ

Post by SJ » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:11 pm

And that's the saddest part of your post.
Ref SH FC. Completely agree with your post mate👍

shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:58 pm

Wigan_forever1985 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:43 pm
SJ wrote:
Wigan_forever1985 wrote:

Well WF1985

The highest % of voting for brexit were the over 65's (64% to 36% source YouGov) - as the average life expectancy is ~80 (source office office of national statistics) this means in around 15 years time on average people from that demographic will have died - its not me being factious they are the facts. The next demographic down where the over 50's who also voted this way. however by contrast under 50 the vote was won by the remain side so it stands to reason that the longer time goes on the more people who did not vote for this are effected by it.

There is a play on xenophobic views to gain credibility for the reason to leave the EU most namely immigration policies - Farage used an actual copy of a Nazi propaganda poster to highlight the immigration issue so i dont think its a large stretch to see the angle he is using and might i add thats been very effective

I thought we lived in a democratic country? The last time I checked it was one person one vote. Do we wait for those who were born post Brexit vote to get old enough to vote?

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:24 pm

Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:58 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote:
SJ wrote:

Well WF1985

I thought we lived in a democratic country? The last time I checked it was one person one vote. Do we wait for those who were born post Brexit vote to get old enough to vote?
It is you are correct I’m just stating that by the time the real impact is felt if it goes ahead the biggest supporting contingent will have probably passed - that is Just a fact I’m observing
Always be yourself - unless you can be Dan Bilzerian then ALWAYS be Dan Bilzerian!

shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:18 pm

Wigan_forever1985 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:24 pm
Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:58 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote:

It is you are correct I’m just stating that by the time the real impact is felt if it goes ahead the biggest supporting contingent will have probably passed - that is Just a fact I’m observing
Ok, but we may have a positive experience so the older voters won't benefit as much as the young people.

Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:48 pm

fozzieskem wrote:
Wigan_forever1985 wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:

But people don't generally look past the catch phrases used to sell something Image.

Trying to get into the brexiteer mind is like trying to catch smoke,impossible,

Your last few lines hold more than a grain of truth too
I think they are frightened of revealing their real reasons TBH. On here and in the real world they really won't say why they want to leave. I suspect they are ashamed of there reasons?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk