Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
SJ

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by SJ » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:07 am

On reflection he probably shouldn't have said it even tho'the observation amused me. Gee Wiz I must be a raving Racist😄😎

Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:59 pm

Watched the debate between Tory candidates for PM.
Boris will win it so what will happen then?
He has already started back sliding on previous policies. Asked about Heathrow's 3rd runway where previously he said "over my dead body" and promised to lie in front of bulldozers is now saying he does have "reservations" about the project.
So what will he change his policies on next?
All of them clueless on how we leave the EU

SJ

Post by SJ » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:10 am

Wiganer Ted wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:59 pm
Watched the debate between Tory candidates for PM.
Boris will win it so what will happen then?
He has already started back sliding on previous policies. Asked about Heathrow's 3rd runway where previously he said "over my dead body" and promised to lie in front of bulldozers is now saying he does have "reservations" about the project.
So what will he change his policies on next?
All of them clueless on how we leave the EU
I didn't watch it Ted.
I've just reflected on what I said and 1985 said to me and now acknowledge perhaps Boris would have been better keeping stum if only for the fact that it allows people the scope to try and undermine him as we have already witnessed. He can still feel as I do the Women do look like pillor boxes. It's nothing to do with their Religion It's a symptom of male domination and outdated enforced male culture. Anyway I'm not an apologist for Boris but I don't begrudge him reflecting on Heathrow I reflect on Brexit all the time but I know beyond doubt that I want to leave the EU sooner than later. You don't for whatever reason. That your choice. 🍷Cheers pal👍

DaveO

Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by DaveO » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:28 pm

SJ wrote: Anyway I'm not an apologist for Boris but I don't begrudge him reflecting on Heathrow I reflect on Brexit all the time but I know beyond doubt that I want to leave the EU sooner than later. You don't for whatever reason. That your choice. ImageCheers palImage
BoJo was given the opportunity to vote against Heathrow expansion and buggered off to Afghanistan to avoid having to.

He’s an unprincipled and proven liar.

Everyone is entitled to shift their opinions: as John Maynard Keynes once put it, “When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?” But what facts have changed about Heathrow?

None as far as I am aware. So if he decided he’d lie down in front of a bulldozer rather than support the expansion but now he won’t it doesn’t say much about him. At the very least he leapt to his previous conclusion without giving it enough thought an MP should but of course he was happy to lap up the positive publicity and take the political capital it gained him.

It’s just one example of why he can’t be trusted and why some of his so called colleagues think he will be a disaster for the Tories.

Every cloud has a silver lining and Brexit and Boris will destroy the Tory party and it will destroy Boris as well.

SJ

Post by SJ » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:42 pm

Cool it Dave. What will be will be. Relax mate.

ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:44 pm

DaveO wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:28 pm
SJ wrote: Anyway I'm not an apologist for Boris but I don't begrudge him reflecting on Heathrow I reflect on Brexit all the time but I know beyond doubt that I want to leave the EU sooner than later. You don't for whatever reason. That your choice. ImageCheers palImage
BoJo was given the opportunity to vote against Heathrow expansion and buggered off to Afghanistan to avoid having to.

Everyone is entitled to shift their opinions: as John Maynard Keynes once put it, “When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?” But what facts have changed about Heathrow?

None as far as I am aware. So if he decided he’d lie down in front of a bulldozer rather than support the expansion but now he won’t it doesn’t say much about him. At the very least he leapt to his previous conclusion without giving it enough thought an MP should but of course he was happy to lap up the positive publicity and take the political capital it gained him.

It’s just one example of why he can’t be trusted and why some of his so called colleagues think he will be a disaster for the Tories.

Every cloud has a silver lining and Brexit and Boris will destroy the Tory party and it will destroy Boris as well.
Well Dave, now Dominic Raab lost out as my best hope wanting a hard Brexiteer I'm voting Boris.
Things can only get better.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.

DaveO

Post by DaveO » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:04 pm

ian.birchall wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:28 pm

Well Dave, now Dominic Raab lost out as my best hope wanting a hard Brexiteer I'm voting Boris.
Things can only get better.
Well you will be voting for a proven liar, racist and incompetent moron.

What is your excuse for lending your vote to a person like him?

He was a disaster as foreign secretary managing to get a British National locked up in an Iranian prison for longer given his careless utterances. As PM he will drag this nation into the gutter Internationally and I am not talking about with Brexit.

Mind you the Tory party is full of people who one can only assume get elected because some people would vote for a blow up doll if it was wearing a blue rosette. Grayling, Francois, Chope, McVey and even your apparent hero Raab who didn’t realise how much trade went through Dover. What a shower.

fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:15 pm

Johnson is an utter buffoon, one who will cock this Brexit lark up and then bugger off pronto..itll leave us all hoping for the salad days of Mrs May.

That this rather cynical public persona he's created for himself and that people have fallen for it shows how foolish the British public can be.

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:02 am

fozzieskem wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:15 pm
Johnson is an utter buffoon, one who will cock this Brexit lark up and then bugger off pronto..itll leave us all hoping for the salad days of Mrs May.

That this rather cynical public persona he's created for himself and that people have fallen for it shows how foolish the British public can be.
What gets me most about Boris is he uses the buffoon act to exonerate himself from his actions and for an unknown reason it works!

We've all worked with those people who seem to get away with everything that others would be reprimanded for and its always the same kind of reason given to their immunity from consequence "oh you know what xxxx is like", "well its xxx isnt it".

There's a theory that for every progression made in society there is an regression that follows - i feel like people like Boris and Farage are cashing in on the protest over "PC gone mad" i just hope someone catches this country because its in freefall right now but i cant see anyone in any party who i think is capable of it
Always be yourself - unless you can be Dan Bilzerian then ALWAYS be Dan Bilzerian!

DaveO

Post by DaveO » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:52 am

Well now you can add Mark Field to the long list of Tory nutjobs. Manhandles a woman protester by the neck shoving her into a pillar while doing so. I bet he wouldn't have done it if it was a man who had walked behind him.