Page 160 of 194

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:01 pm
by medlocke
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:59 pm
by DaveO
medlocke wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:29 pm
Who do I believe Dave, You or Sir Bill Cash, Chairman of the European Scrutiny Committee and former Shadow Attorney General
The problem for you is you only read the distilled claptrap the Express wants you to see. If you actually bothered to go and find the stuff they quote at source and also check out the opposing views, unless you really struggle with being able to weigh up the various comments you'd conclude you were being led up the garden path. Even the pro Brexit stuff is usually qualified in some way but the Express ignores it and selectively quotes. Quoting the mayor of Calais is a prime example. Jumped on by the Express and Brexiters as proof there is not going be any issue when if you actually look at what he said he's running around like a blue arsed fly trying to work out how to get goods from Ireland to France via Calais avoiding the UK.

It's pretty obvious see what you want to see and simply aren't interested in evening checking out what the Express prints is grounded in the remotest bit of reality because no doubt there is a risk it won't fit with what you want the facts to be.

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:10 pm
by medlocke
DaveO wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:59 pm
medlocke wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:29 pm
Who do I believe Dave, You or Sir Bill Cash, Chairman of the European Scrutiny Committee and former Shadow Attorney General
The problem for you is you only read the distilled claptrap the Express wants you to see. If you actually bothered to go and find the stuff they quote at source and also check out the opposing views, unless you really struggle with being able to weigh up the various comments you'd conclude you were being led up the garden path. Even the pro Brexit stuff is usually qualified in some way but the Express ignores it and selectively quotes. Quoting the mayor of Calais is a prime example. Jumped on by the Express and Brexiters as proof there is not going be any issue when if you actually look at what he said he's running around like a blue arsed fly trying to work out how to get goods from Ireland to France via Calais avoiding the UK.

It's pretty obvious see what you want to see and simply aren't interested in evening checking out what the Express prints is grounded in the remotest bit of reality because no doubt there is a risk it won't fit with what you want the facts to be.
Or, Did I just post it for fun Dave :lol:

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:15 pm
by DaveO
medlocke wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:06 pm
Under WTO, tariffs on UK exports will amount to £5-6 billion - half the UK’s net contribution to the EU of £10-12 billion. (Paying £10 billion to avoid £5 billion is not a good deal)
The above proves you don't even know how tariffs work. :roll:

Tariffs are imposed by the importing country.

Tariffs imposed on UK goods imported by other countries do not actually cost us anything. They just make UK goods cost more in the country importing them and make UK goods uncompetitive.

It's up to us what tariffs we charge on goods imported into the UK thus making them more expensive for UK industry and the consumer. The only rule is we have to apply the same tariffs to all countries so we can't import anything tariff free from one country and stick a 10% tariff on goods from another.

The master plan, which is one of absolute panic, is to set all tariffs to zero and the reason this is the "plan" is to offset the expected huge rise in costs for imports as the pound tanks and costs increase. The fact it will kill off industries like agriculture is seen as a price worth paying.

The economic case for Brexit was destroyed ages ago. The only reasons left to cling to are anti-immigrant views and notions of sovereignty and both of those are going to follow the economy out of the window at the first opportunity as the price for trade deals.

You have been had.

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:58 pm
by medlocke
DaveO wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:15 pm
medlocke wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:06 pm
Under WTO, tariffs on UK exports will amount to £5-6 billion - half the UK’s net contribution to the EU of £10-12 billion. (Paying £10 billion to avoid £5 billion is not a good deal)
The above proves you don't even know how tariffs work. :roll:

Tariffs are imposed by the importing country.

Tariffs imposed on UK goods imported by other countries do not actually cost us anything. They just make UK goods cost more in the country importing them and make UK goods uncompetitive.

It's up to us what tariffs we charge on goods imported into the UK thus making them more expensive for UK industry and the consumer. The only rule is we have to apply the same tariffs to all countries so we can't import anything tariff free from one country and stick a 10% tariff on goods from another.

The master plan, which is one of absolute panic, is to set all tariffs to zero and the reason this is the "plan" is to offset the expected huge rise in costs for imports as the pound tanks and costs increase. The fact it will kill off industries like agriculture is seen as a price worth paying.

The economic case for Brexit was destroyed ages ago. The only reasons left to cling to are anti-immigrant views and notions of sovereignty and both of those are going to follow the economy out of the window at the first opportunity as the price for trade deals.

You have been had.
Again, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:54 pm
by Mike
medlocke wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:58 pm
DaveO wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:15 pm
medlocke wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:06 pm
Under WTO, tariffs on UK exports will amount to £5-6 billion - half the UK’s net contribution to the EU of £10-12 billion. (Paying £10 billion to avoid £5 billion is not a good deal)
The above proves you don't even know how tariffs work. :roll:

Tariffs are imposed by the importing country.

Tariffs imposed on UK goods imported by other countries do not actually cost us anything. They just make UK goods cost more in the country importing them and make UK goods uncompetitive.

It's up to us what tariffs we charge on goods imported into the UK thus making them more expensive for UK industry and the consumer. The only rule is we have to apply the same tariffs to all countries so we can't import anything tariff free from one country and stick a 10% tariff on goods from another.

The master plan, which is one of absolute panic, is to set all tariffs to zero and the reason this is the "plan" is to offset the expected huge rise in costs for imports as the pound tanks and costs increase. The fact it will kill off industries like agriculture is seen as a price worth paying.

The economic case for Brexit was destroyed ages ago. The only reasons left to cling to are anti-immigrant views and notions of sovereignty and both of those are going to follow the economy out of the window at the first opportunity as the price for trade deals.

You have been had.
Again, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think meds is starting to back away from his brexit supporting position by moving to his classic trolling position.

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:40 pm
by ian.birchall
Decisions, decisions, decisions. What to do this evening, watch Andrew Neil interviewing the leadership duo until 8pm or listen to the build up and match on Wish FM from 7-30pm?
Oh no need, already voted for Boris. 😈😂😈😂

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:57 pm
by Wandering Warrior
ian.birchall wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:40 pm
Decisions, decisions, decisions. What to do this evening, watch Andrew Neil interviewing the leadership duo until 8pm or listen to the build up and match on Wish FM from 7-30pm?
Oh no need, already voted for Boris. 😈😂😈😂
The question is would your ear space understand what was going on with either scenario? :D

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:59 pm
by Wandering Warrior
Mike wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:54 pm
medlocke wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:58 pm
DaveO wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:15 pm


The above proves you don't even know how tariffs work. :roll:

Tariffs are imposed by the importing country.

Tariffs imposed on UK goods imported by other countries do not actually cost us anything. They just make UK goods cost more in the country importing them and make UK goods uncompetitive.

It's up to us what tariffs we charge on goods imported into the UK thus making them more expensive for UK industry and the consumer. The only rule is we have to apply the same tariffs to all countries so we can't import anything tariff free from one country and stick a 10% tariff on goods from another.

The master plan, which is one of absolute panic, is to set all tariffs to zero and the reason this is the "plan" is to offset the expected huge rise in costs for imports as the pound tanks and costs increase. The fact it will kill off industries like agriculture is seen as a price worth paying.

The economic case for Brexit was destroyed ages ago. The only reasons left to cling to are anti-immigrant views and notions of sovereignty and both of those are going to follow the economy out of the window at the first opportunity as the price for trade deals.

You have been had.
Again, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think meds is starting to back away from his brexit supporting position by moving to his classic trolling position.
He's signing on under his ian.birchall guise now! :lol:

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:14 pm
by morley pie eater
Wandering Warrior wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:59 pm
Mike wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:54 pm
medlocke wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:58 pm


Again, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think meds is starting to back away from his brexit supporting position by moving to his classic trolling position.
He's signing on under his ian.birchall guise now! :lol:
Nice one, WW :lol:
Brightened up a depressing evening!