Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
ian.birchall
Posts: 3060
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:42 pm

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by ian.birchall » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:21 am

ian.birchall wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:40 pm
Decisions, decisions, decisions. What to do this evening, watch Andrew Neil interviewing the leadership duo until 8pm or listen to the build up and match on Wish FM from 7-30pm?
Oh no need, already voted for Boris. 😈😂😈😂
WRONG CHOICE,
Not the vote for Boris Morley but the decision to listen to the match in the first place. I know Bilko was trying to put a brave face on it by saying we only needed to get to 3rd and we were short of big forwards but the killer was when he stated that there was no leadership on the field
Again Stains have been better at their overseas recruitment but the biggest difference between the two Clubs would appear to be in their overseas coach recruitment. Still Leeds got thumped even with all their expenditure on their 8??!! antipodean signings, at least we are rubbish but it hasn't cost us owt.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.


Now Europe is just for holidays.

SJ
Posts: 1209
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:46 pm

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by SJ » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:14 pm

ian.birchall wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:21 am
ian.birchall wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:40 pm
Decisions, decisions, decisions. What to do this evening, watch Andrew Neil interviewing the leadership duo until 8pm or listen to the build up and match on Wish FM from 7-30pm?
Oh no need, already voted for Boris. 😈😂😈😂
WRONG CHOICE,
Not the vote for Boris Morley but the decision to listen to the match in the first place. I know Bilko was trying to put a brave face on it by saying we only needed to get to 3rd and we were short of big forwards but the killer was when he stated that there was no leadership on the field
Again Stains have been better at their overseas recruitment but the biggest difference between the two Clubs would appear to be in their overseas coach recruitment. Still Leeds got thumped even with all their expenditure on their 8??!! antipodean signings, at least we are rubbish but it hasn't cost us owt.
Good choice Ian. Especially as I've already put this alleged question to bed ie the above Topic. Retro objectivity trumps opinion every time. Having stated an obvious truth the Topic when considered retrospectively would need in depth analysis eg what is the relevant specification of "We" "worse off" for starters "When decided? Day after we a ctually leave? a month after?A year after"? 10 years after? You get the picture?

User avatar
Mike
Site Admin
Posts: 5347
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by Mike » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:41 pm

SJ wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:14 pm
ian.birchall wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:21 am
ian.birchall wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:40 pm
Decisions, decisions, decisions. What to do this evening, watch Andrew Neil interviewing the leadership duo until 8pm or listen to the build up and match on Wish FM from 7-30pm?
Oh no need, already voted for Boris. 😈😂😈😂
WRONG CHOICE,
Not the vote for Boris Morley but the decision to listen to the match in the first place. I know Bilko was trying to put a brave face on it by saying we only needed to get to 3rd and we were short of big forwards but the killer was when he stated that there was no leadership on the field
Again Stains have been better at their overseas recruitment but the biggest difference between the two Clubs would appear to be in their overseas coach recruitment. Still Leeds got thumped even with all their expenditure on their 8??!! antipodean signings, at least we are rubbish but it hasn't cost us owt.
Good choice Ian. Especially as I've already put this alleged question to bed ie the above Topic. Retro objectivity trumps opinion every time. Having stated an obvious truth the Topic when considered retrospectively would need in depth analysis eg what is the relevant specification of "We" "worse off" for starters "When decided? Day after we a ctually leave? a month after?A year after"? 10 years after? You get the picture?
I think you're in a group of one seeing the picture you see SJ.

SJ
Posts: 1209
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:46 pm

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by SJ » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:58 am

:D Think your right but if I did a head stand even I would see the world upside down!😄😜

Wintergreen
Posts: 940
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 2:13 pm

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by Wintergreen » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:16 pm

Well we are already worse off. The value of the pound has fallen from around 1.3 Euros prior to Brexit to around 1.1 Euros today. This is exclusively down to Brexit.

Or if you like, the same meal in France that cost £10 on the eve of the Brexit vote will now cost you £11.82 today.

That's an increase of £1.82 or around 18%

That car you had your eye on at £20,000 would now cost £23,600 , an increase of £3600

The TV that previously cost £1000 now costs £1180, an increase of £180

On a day to day basis this is repeated amongst many smaller purchases, food, groceries, clothing etc

Whether you like it or not we ARE worse off through Brexit. No debate thus far.

Wiganer Ted
Posts: 2397
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:31 pm

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by Wiganer Ted » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:53 pm

2015 I got 1.40 euro when I paid the hotel bill in Portugal. At 1.2 euro it is a straight 20% devaluation.
The pound is still devaluing on a daily basis. The money people say a No Deal and the pound will go through the floor with less than parity with the Euro and almost that with the US Dollar.

We were told of course that this would never happen and talk like this was Project Fear or scaremongering.
All good stuff! Bring it on!

SJ
Posts: 1209
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:46 pm

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by SJ » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:43 am

Wintergreen wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:16 pm
Well we are already worse off. The value of the pound has fallen from around 1.3 Euros prior to Brexit to around 1.1 Euros today. This is exclusively down to Brexit.

Or if you like, the same meal in France that cost £10 on the eve of the Brexit vote will now cost you £11.82 today.

That's an increase of £1.82 or around 18%

That car you had your eye on at £20,000 would now cost £23,600 , an increase of £3600

The TV that previously cost £1000 now costs £1180, an increase of £180

On a day to day basis this is repeated amongst many smaller purchases, food, groceries, clothing etc

Whether you like it or not we ARE worse off through Brexit. No debate thus far.
I don't have breakfast in France the Tv I bought? I still have. The car I had my eye on. I didn't buy. I've not lost a anything. The holiday I booked is "all Inclusive & Brexit protected. Nothing lost there either. 😀😀😎
I know what your getting at but exchange rates are fluid. They go up as well as down. A country's wealth well being etc isn't measured by an exchange. Rate.
If you want something to worry about think about if we remain we will have to fork out for the e nvisaged EU military. Why is it needed when the EU states are already protected by NATO?could it be the beginnings of the4th Reich?😄😄Scarey or what?

Wandering Warrior
Posts: 3282
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:09 pm

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by Wandering Warrior » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:31 am

SJ wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:58 am
:D Think your right but if I did a head stand even I would see the world upside down!😄😜
Explains alot!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield

Wandering Warrior
Posts: 3282
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:09 pm

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by Wandering Warrior » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:33 am

Wiganer Ted wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:53 pm
2015 I got 1.40 euro when I paid the hotel bill in Portugal. At 1.2 euro it is a straight 20% devaluation.
The pound is still devaluing on a daily basis. The money people say a No Deal and the pound will go through the floor with less than parity with the Euro and almost that with the US Dollar.

We were told of course that this would never happen and talk like this was Project Fear or scaremongering.
All good stuff! Bring it on!
Ted
Save your fingers, you're dealing with 75percenters!! :D
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield

SJ
Posts: 1209
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:46 pm

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by SJ » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:37 pm

[quote="SJ "

If you want something to worry about think about if we remain we will have to fork out for the e nvisaged EU military. Why is it needed when the EU states already protected by NATO
[/quote]Will Wintergreen or Ted respond to this question. Will we be worse off forking out for it? Are you happy that the French and Germans are progressing this policy the German Defence minister recently installed Junkers successor Are Remainers happy with this when the Germans have form in dominating Europe?or trying to

Post Reply