Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Caboosegg

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by Caboosegg » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:17 am

Were is all this magic money suddenly coming from? If it was already there it shows how little the gov gives a damn about us all.
RL's biggest issue is the constant negativity of its own fans.

support verb [ (ENCOURAGE)

"to agree with and give encouragement to someone or something because you want him, her, or it to succeed"

Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:16 pm

"to agree with and give encouragement to someone or something because you want him, her, or it to succeed"

Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:30 pm

Caboosegg wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:17 am
Were is all this magic money suddenly coming from? If it was already there it shows how little the gov gives a damn about us all.
There was a magic money tree afterall. It grew 1BN for NI after all. Why not just harvest some more. After all, the public debt is only 1TR more now than when the tories started austeritiy.

medlocke

Post by medlocke » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:26 pm

They've borrowed Comrade Corbyns magic money tree, The one labour didn't have when they caused austerity :D

fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:03 pm

medlocke wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:26 pm
They've borrowed Comrade Corbyns magic money tree, The one labour didn't have when they caused austerity :D
They didn’t cause austerity it was a policy this moronic Tory government chose to peruse to balance the books

But you know this,I know you know this and yet I fall for the bait,but still always good to remind oneself that this really is a stupid government

jobo

Post by jobo » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:00 pm

medlocke wrote:
Very droll.

Meanwhile, back in Wigan, 16.5% of every child between the ages of 1 and 18 will go hungry due to the summer holidays and free school meals not being available.

To help alleviate this, local food banks and volunteer services, along with local council services have worked tirelessly to try and limit the impact of austerity.

So have a good laugh about it if it makes you happy, which I'm sure it doesn't but at least think about it.

Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:07 pm

jobo wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:00 pm
medlocke wrote:
Very droll.

Meanwhile, back in Wigan, 16.5% of every child between the ages of 1 and 18 will go hungry due to the summer holidays and free school meals not being available.

To help alleviate this, local food banks and volunteer services, along with local council services have worked tirelessly to try and limit the impact of austerity.

So have a good laugh about it if it makes you happy, which I'm sure it doesn't but at least think about it.
Really? You see that's the type of statistic I simply don't believe. One in six children will go HUNGRY due to lack of school meals? How do they define "hungry"?

Bit peckish? Eat an entire cow?

Are you honestly trying to tell us that enough money is not given to one in six of the population to eat? Honestly? I simply don't believe that statistic, sorry. Furthermore, silly figures like this acclimatise us to any real problems that we really should be concerned about.

Local council working tirelessly? Here's an idea, cut the enormous wages of the council leaders. Buy some food with that.

medlocke

Post by medlocke » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:46 pm

I wonder how many of those kids actually go hungry so mummy and daddy can have 20 silk cut and 8 cans of stella or some special effects

Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:23 am

Wintergreen wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:07 pm
jobo wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:00 pm
medlocke wrote:
Very droll.

Really? You see that's the type of statistic I simply don't believe. One in six children will go HUNGRY due to lack of school meals? How do they define "hungry"?

Bit peckish? Eat an entire cow?

Are you honestly trying to tell us that enough money is not given to one in six of the population to eat? Honestly? I simply don't believe that statistic, sorry. Furthermore, silly figures like this acclimatise us to any real problems that we really should be concerned about.

Local council working tirelessly? Here's an idea, cut the enormous wages of the council leaders. Buy some food with that.
Its like the lowest recorded number of unemployment figures banded around by the Tories... as long as you are in work they don't care if you get enough hours to afford your rent.

Didnt we have a big pot of money from the EU to tackle stuff like this.... that we are paying back as the government didnt bother using it.

Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:12 am

^ Maybe, maybe not, but I still do not believe that 1 in 6 children in Wigan is going hungry.

Not sure how old you are Caboosegg, but I grew up in the 70's. Compared to that time, Wigan is like candytown. The amount of benefits/handouts and general "looking after" compared to then is mind boggling.

Even then, I saw proper hunger once. Just once.

Sorry but 1 in 6 my arse.