Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
SJ
Posts: 1316
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:46 pm

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by SJ » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:46 am

It's personified in the image of Corbyn and his colleague an image surrounding an vacuum.

morley pie eater
Posts: 1496
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 2:01 pm

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other...

Post by morley pie eater » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:59 pm

jobo wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:52 pm
SJ wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:58 pm
Wes wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:37 pm
London is one of the biggest financial cities in the world, English is the number 1 business language nothing will change.

The pound is low due to scaremongering here and the eu trying to be difficult. When we are trading with other countries outside the eu our economy and confidence will grow.

The eu sell more to us than we to them do you think Audi, BMW, Mercedes, VW etc etc will want tariffs on trade? If there are we can buy cars (using this as an example) from outside the eu then who will be feeling the squeeze us or Germany?

Bare in mind at the moment we can't sign agreements with anyone outside the eu as we haven't officially left so the Eu can try to squeeze us however when everything is signed if they continue to try and bully us we can buy sell elsewhere.

Eu beuracrats are not elected hmm strange when they have all the power, they are sh1tting themselves of us leaving I bet they'd wished they give Cameron more when he went cap in hand!

In a divorce (their reference to brexit not ours) everything is combined and split down the middle soooooooo let's add every eu asset up and take our percentage owed that would far outweigh this daft number they say we need to pay!

People don't like change but how about it's happening so why not get behind it and offer some suggestions of making it better rather than remoaning.
Good post Wes. Pedrinho congratulates Dave for not expressing is personal veiw(indirectly. Sad really as he is peddling Marxist crap. OMI
Can you point out the Marxist crap?
A political strategist called Arthur Finkelstein, who advised Reagan and George W Bush and influenced Trump's team, said that you don't talk about your own policies, but identify and relentlessly attack your enemy. Preferably personalise it.

So Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein became the enemy, justifying wars. Hillary Clinton was Trump's enemy.

Clearly Murdoch's press plus the Mail, Telegraph, Express and their beloved Tory party (especially in it's current rampant right wing version) follow Finkelstein's method.

Jeremy Corbyn is evil personified. You don't have to justify anything you say about him: it's just "known facts" that he's anti-semitic, supports terrorists, a Marxist, etc etc etc. The mere mention of his name is enough to close any political argument.

So asking someone to point out the Marxist crap is futile. Just accept that he mentioned Corbyn so he wins.

SJ
Posts: 1316
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:46 pm

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by SJ » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:09 pm

Thanks for the advice

Caboosegg
Posts: 1815
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by Caboosegg » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:19 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49655201

Screwing over stuff we need for a no deal brexit now 😂
RL's biggest issue is the constant negativity of its own fans.

support verb [ (ENCOURAGE)

"to agree with and give encouragement to someone or something because you want him, her, or it to succeed"

SJ
Posts: 1316
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:46 pm

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other...

Post by SJ » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:13 am

morley pie eater wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:59 pm
jobo wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:52 pm
SJ wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:58 pm


Good post Wes. Pedrinho congratulates Dave for not expressing is personal veiw(indirectly. Sad really as he is peddling Marxist crap. OMI
Can you point out the Marxist crap?
A political strategist called Arthur Finkelstein, who advised Reagan and George W Bush and influenced Trump's team, said that you don't talk about your own policies, but identify and relentlessly attack your enemy. Preferably personalise it.

So Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein became the enemy, justifying wars. Hillary Clinton was Trump's enemy.

Clearly Murdoch's press plus the Mail, Telegraph, Express and their beloved Tory party (especially in it's current rampant right wing version) follow Finkelstein's method.

Jeremy Corbyn is evil personified. You don't have to justify anything you say about him: it's just "known facts" that he's anti-semitic, supports terrorists, a Marxist, etc etc etc. The mere mention of his name is enough to close any political argument.

So asking someone to point out the Marxist crap is futile. Just accept that he mentioned Corbyn so he wins.
Just re- read I must say there is a lot of the points you make I go along with except your final sentence "just accept that he mentioned Corbyn so he wins" I didn't win because I didn't point out the alleged Marxist crap"he wanted me to because there wasn't any to point out in the post Jobo was referring to. Instead I simply gave my subjective opinion of my characterisation of Corbyn which carried with it the hallmarks you mentioned. So I didn't win so to speak at all. I failed to answer his inquiry.

NB. I still thing as prof. Max Black said of Richard Nixon " he's an image surrounding a vacuum" is applicable to Corbyn. Just my opinion🍷Cheers

OAMJSONA
Posts: 2951
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 1:37 pm

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by OAMJSONA » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:36 pm

Laughing stock of the world we are
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White


medlocke
Posts: 8464
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:57 am
Contact:

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by medlocke » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:56 pm

OAMJSONA wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:36 pm
Laughing stock of the world we are
Caused by the interference of remainers

Wandering Warrior
Posts: 3378
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:09 pm

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by Wandering Warrior » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:58 pm

medlocke wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:56 pm
OAMJSONA wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:36 pm
Laughing stock of the world we are
Caused by the interference of remainers

As opposed to the leavers buying a box and not knowing what was in it? :lol:
How dumb is that?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield

fozzieskem
Posts: 3177
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 10:54 am

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by fozzieskem » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:35 pm

Wandering Warrior wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:58 pm
medlocke wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:56 pm
OAMJSONA wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:36 pm
Laughing stock of the world we are
Caused by the interference of remainers

As opposed to the leavers buying a box and not knowing what was in it? :lol:
How dumb is that?
But they did know..nhs,country back etc,etc :shock:

morley pie eater
Posts: 1496
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 2:01 pm

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other...

Post by morley pie eater » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:08 am

SJ wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:13 am
morley pie eater wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:59 pm
jobo wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:52 pm


Can you point out the Marxist crap?
A political strategist called Arthur Finkelstein, who advised Reagan and George W Bush and influenced Trump's team, said that you don't talk about your own policies, but identify and relentlessly attack your enemy. Preferably personalise it.

So Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein became the enemy, justifying wars. Hillary Clinton was Trump's enemy.

Clearly Murdoch's press plus the Mail, Telegraph, Express and their beloved Tory party (especially in it's current rampant right wing version) follow Finkelstein's method.

Jeremy Corbyn is evil personified. You don't have to justify anything you say about him: it's just "known facts" that he's anti-semitic, supports terrorists, a Marxist, etc etc etc. The mere mention of his name is enough to close any political argument.

So asking someone to point out the Marxist crap is futile. Just accept that he mentioned Corbyn so he wins.
Just re- read I must say there is a lot of the points you make I go along with except your final sentence "just accept that he mentioned Corbyn so he wins" I didn't win because I didn't point out the alleged Marxist crap"he wanted me to because there wasn't any to point out in the post Jobo was referring to. Instead I simply gave my subjective opinion of my characterisation of Corbyn which carried with it the hallmarks you mentioned. So I didn't win so to speak at all. I failed to answer his inquiry.

NB. I still thing as prof. Max Black said of Richard Nixon " he's an image surrounding a vacuum" is applicable to Corbyn. Just my opinion🍷Cheers
Thanks for your interesting opinion of Corbyn. I wonder which papers you read?

The right wing press, along with Cummings, Johnson, Farage and co, follow Steve Bannon's methods, which is the current version of Finkelstein's advice. Even that was nothing new - the Romans called it "Ad Hominem", meaning, in effect, attack the man and not the message.

I'm not a fan of Corbyn, especially his leadership, but any Labour leader would be vilified and demonised by the Johnson-supporting press. If Andy Burnham had been elected Labour leader, by now he would have grown horns and a forked tail and be carrying a trident.

Post Reply