Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Wiganer Ted

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by Wiganer Ted » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:09 pm

Great to have Meds celebrating us leaving on 31st Oct.
Same as he celebrated when we left Nov 2018, March 29th 2019 with No Deal and now another date.
If Johnson wanted a GE then he could have resigned his Gov't. There'd have been an GE then as he doesn't have a parliament majority nor could Corbyn get a majority.
There is a GE coming but due to Johnson's idiocy it will be down to the timing of opposition parties and not a time of his chosing.

Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:07 am

SJ wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:37 pm
I'm not taking any lessons on grammar from youW. The topic this post concerns is ungrammatical as I have previously commented on. Check the syntax !
Re the Ref a simple binary question was asked viz do you want to leave the EU Yes or no full stop I understood the question. A simple yes or no was required full stop No ifs or buts If you didn't understand the question asked or the answer required then get yourself an education and shut your mouth because your out of your depth Enough said 😜
I wasn't aware that I was giving any lessons on grammar.

For the record I try and use correct grammar but sometimes I slip (normally after a few sherberts).

I don't recall pulling you up on your grammar though. *shrugs* Anyway that's not important.

The original referendum question might have been a useful barometer of public feeling at the time, but it is totally useless now, on 10 October 2019.

Lot's of people voted to "leave with a deal", "leave but stay in the single market", "leave on a 'Norway plus' deal", "leave on a Canada plus deal". Some even wanted to leave with no deal (though I suspect this was a minority).

Now we face the harsh reality of the situation. We can leave, of course we can, BUT a number of the options above are simply not available- the only one that is on the table is "no deal".

Therefore all those people who wanted some of the other options must now ask themselves the question

"Would I still be happy to leave with a no deal?"

The fairest way to ascertain this is via a second referendum with two very simple options.

1. Leave with no deal

2. Remain

medlocke

Post by medlocke » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:15 am

Wintergreen wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:07 am
SJ wrote:
I'm not taking any lessons on grammar from youW. The topic this post concerns is ungrammatical as I have previously commented on. Check the syntax !
Re the Ref a simple binary question was asked viz do you want to leave the EU Yes or no full stop I understood the question. A simple yes or no was required full stop No ifs or buts If you didn't understand the question asked or the answer required then get yourself an education and shut your mouth because your out of your depth Enough said 😜

For the record I try and use correct grammar but sometimes I slip (normally after a few sherberts).

I don't recall pulling you up on your grammar though. *shrugs* Anyway that's not important.

The original referendum question might have been a useful barometer of public feeling at the time, but it is totally useless now, on 10 October 2019.

Lot's of people voted to "leave with a deal", "leave but stay in the single market", "leave on a 'Norway plus' deal", "leave on a Canada plus deal". Some even wanted to leave with no deal (though I suspect this was a minority).

Now we face the harsh reality of the situation. We can leave, of course we can, BUT a number of the options above are simply not available- the only one that is on the table is "no deal".

Therefore all those people who wanted some of the other options must now ask themselves the question

The fairest way to ascertain this is via a second referendum with two very simple options.

1. Leave with no deal

2. Remain
Sorry but we've already had leave or stay, If there is ever a second referendum (which there shouldn't be) then it must Deal or No deal, That is the fairest way to do it

Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:22 am

medlocke wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:15 am
Wintergreen wrote:
SJ wrote:

1. Leave with no deal

2. Remain
Sorry but we've already had leave or stay, If there is ever a second referendum (which there shouldn't be) then it must Deal or No deal, That is the fairest way to do it
Sorry but which bit of the above didn't you read?

Like it or not, people voted for various "flavours of leave". Some of which are no longer available.

Your referendum idea is a non starter as it appears no deal can be thrashed out .

medlocke

Post by medlocke » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:29 am

Wintergreen wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:22 am
medlocke wrote:
Wintergreen wrote:

1. Leave with no deal

2. Remain

Like it or not, people voted for various "flavours of leave". Some of which are no longer available.

Your referendum idea is a non starter as it appears no deal can be thrashed out .
No deal can't be attained thanks to all the back stabbing remain MP's with their own agendas, Yes Mays deal was shite but how many actually voted it down because it was shite, I bet it was a really small percentage, The majority who voted it down probably have aspirations of working on the EU gravy train in the future or have been paid by Soros and his cronies

Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:48 am

medlocke wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:29 am
Wintergreen wrote:
medlocke wrote:

No deal can't be attained thanks to all the back stabbing remain MP's with their own agendas, Yes Mays deal was shite but how many actually voted it down because it was shite, I bet it was a really small percentage, The majority who voted it down probably have aspirations of working on the EU gravy train in the future or have been paid by Soros and his cronies
Maybe, maybe not, but that is your opinion. What is not opinion, rather fact, is that many who voted "Leave" in the Referendum did so on the basis that there would be some kind of deal.

Why wouldn't they? They were assured that it would be the "easiest deal in history".

DaveO

Post by DaveO » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:37 pm

medlocke wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:29 am
Wintergreen wrote:
medlocke wrote:

Voted down by MP's with their own agenda? May's deal was voted down by Johnson and Mogg amongst many "Leaver" MP's and the DUP. What was their agenda?

Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:43 pm

There are Brexit MP's who voted to Leave in the 1975 referendum and did the same in the 2016 ref.
Those same MP's although voting to Leave voted down May's Withdrawal Bill which would have taken us out of the EU.
I watched Peter Bone in the HoC banging on about the unelected officials in Brussels. He's saying that in the HoC which only feet away from the House of Lords, the largest unelected assembly outside Communist China.
Do these people realise how ridiculous they look and sound?

See Varadkar & Johnson came to our wonderful Wirral this afternoon and afterwards said there was the "possibility of a pathway to a deal by the end of October".
Now everyone wants to know the concessions made by Johnson to get Varadkar to agree to this.
At least clever Leo also said "There's can be many a slip between cup and sup".
Long time since I heard that one.

Will Johnson now agree to sign the extension letter if he can see a pathway to a deal?
Or is it a case of guessing who's playing who?

Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:51 pm

I would say Varadkar is more desperate for a deal than Johnson.

Johnson has some public support for a no deal, Varadkar has very little. Ireland would be hit very very hard and he knows it.

A no deal is bad for everyone. I just think Varadkar cares more.

Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:38 pm

Wiganer Ted wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:43 pm
There are Brexit MP's who voted to Leave in the 1975 referendum and did the same in the 2016 ref.
Those same MP's although voting to Leave voted down May's Withdrawal Bill which would have taken us out of the EU.
I watched Peter Bone in the HoC banging on about the unelected officials in Brussels. He's saying that in the HoC which only feet away from the House of Lords, the largest unelected assembly outside Communist China.
Do these people realise how ridiculous they look and sound?

See Varadkar & Johnson came to our wonderful Wirral this afternoon and afterwards said there was the "possibility of a pathway to a deal by the end of October".
Now everyone wants to know the concessions made by Johnson to get Varadkar to agree to this.
At least clever Leo also said "There's can be many a slip between cup and sup".
Long time since I heard that one.

Will Johnson now agree to sign the extension letter if he can see a pathway to a deal?
Or is it a case of guessing who's playing who?
That house of lords is part of the fabled sovereignty we keep hearing about!!
RL's biggest issue is the constant negativity of its own fans.

support verb [ (ENCOURAGE)

"to agree with and give encouragement to someone or something because you want him, her, or it to succeed"