Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Caboosegg
Posts: 1802
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by Caboosegg » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:33 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50296672

Oh look more reason why we should vote Tories 😉
RL's biggest issue is the constant negativity of its own fans.

support verb [ (ENCOURAGE)

"to agree with and give encouragement to someone or something because you want him, her, or it to succeed"

Wintergreen
Posts: 1025
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 2:13 pm

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by Wintergreen » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:51 am

Caboosegg wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:33 am
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50296672

Oh look more reason why we should vote Tories 😉
Silly policy anyway. Don't interfere with the market and it will find it's own level.

e.g. if houses are not affordable for lower paid workers, they will move out of the area. Those left will either have to do the lower paid work themselves, or increase the wage levels to the point that others feel it worth staying in the area for. The market always finds a balance. Don't interfere (except in very extreme situations).

Simple.

Caboosegg
Posts: 1802
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by Caboosegg » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:33 am

Wintergreen wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:51 am
Caboosegg wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:33 am
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50296672

Oh look more reason why we should vote Tories 😉
Silly policy anyway. Don't interfere with the market and it will find it's own level.

e.g. if houses are not affordable for lower paid workers, they will move out of the area. Those left will either have to do the lower paid work themselves, or increase the wage levels to the point that others feel it worth staying in the area for. The market always finds a balance. Don't interfere (except in very extreme situations).

Simple.
Simple? Your joking, house prices have increased so significantly that these schemes are required.

We are expected to do more work for less money that previously and house prices are obscene.

I'm lucky in owning my own but considering that my house is know worth 30k more than when i bought it (7 years ago) and its only in Atherton (a rather low paid area overall)
RL's biggest issue is the constant negativity of its own fans.

support verb [ (ENCOURAGE)

"to agree with and give encouragement to someone or something because you want him, her, or it to succeed"

Wintergreen
Posts: 1025
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 2:13 pm

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by Wintergreen » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:06 pm

Caboosegg wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:33 am
Wintergreen wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:51 am
Caboosegg wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:33 am
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50296672

Oh look more reason why we should vote Tories 😉
Silly policy anyway. Don't interfere with the market and it will find it's own level.

e.g. if houses are not affordable for lower paid workers, they will move out of the area. Those left will either have to do the lower paid work themselves, or increase the wage levels to the point that others feel it worth staying in the area for. The market always finds a balance. Don't interfere (except in very extreme situations).

Simple.
Simple? Your joking, house prices have increased so significantly that these schemes are required.

We are expected to do more work for less money that previously and house prices are obscene.

I'm lucky in owning my own but considering that my house is know worth 30k more than when i bought it (7 years ago) and its only in Atherton (a rather low paid area overall)
You're missing the point. I am not arguing house prices have risen dramatically. What I am arguing is that should they become so expensive that people cannot afford to live in them, then people will move out of the area.

The people who are left will have to fill the jobs gap that they leave

If they are unprepared to do so, then they will have to raise the wages

If this is sufficient for the people who would otherwise leave to stay then job done.

If it isn't then the cycle is repeated.

fozzieskem
Posts: 3166
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 10:54 am

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by fozzieskem » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:18 pm

Caboosegg wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:33 am
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50296672

Oh look more reason why we should vote Tories 😉
Money well spent by this inept bunch of chancers

DaveO
Posts: 14446
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:32 pm

Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by DaveO » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:35 pm

Wintergreen wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:33 am
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50296672

Oh look more reason why we should vote Tories Image
Silly policy anyway. Don't interfere with the market and it will find it's own level.

e.g. if houses are not affordable for lower paid workers, they will move out of the area. Those left will either have to do the lower paid work themselves, or increase the wage levels to the point that others feel it worth staying in the area for. The market always finds a balance. Don't interfere (except in very extreme situations).

Simple.
The only simple thing here is the above. In fact is is complete nonsense.

The market always finds balance? Rubbish. Show me the evidence that the market has seen wage levels rise so people can afford the current level of house prices? You can’t. People’s wages today relative to what they would earn 20 or 30 years ago that back then would have seen then on the housing ladder can’t afford to get on the first rung today.

House price inflation has way outstripped wage inflation for decades so what more proof do you need that the last thing the market does is find its balance?

The only way the market is “working” is that house prices are rising due to lack of supply. If the market was really working this lack of supply would see builders falling over themselves to meet the demand but that isn’t happening either. Presumably because they can make more money for building fewer more expensive properties rather than cater for the demand at the bottom of the price range.

I’d also love to know why you think lower paid workers should move out of the area if they can’t afford the house prices and on what planet you live on that has others having to do the lower paid work themselves. Are banking execs going to start doing a bit of moonlighting to empty the bins?

You seemingly think tat won’t happen because wages will have to rise. A pity then there is no evidence of this happening.

Caboosegg
Posts: 1802
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by Caboosegg » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:45 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCDanielS/s ... frame.html

And yet how many people will blindly follow stuff like this.
RL's biggest issue is the constant negativity of its own fans.

support verb [ (ENCOURAGE)

"to agree with and give encouragement to someone or something because you want him, her, or it to succeed"

Wintergreen
Posts: 1025
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 2:13 pm

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by Wintergreen » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:11 pm

DaveO wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:35 pm
Wintergreen wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:33 am
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50296672

Oh look more reason why we should vote Tories Image
Silly policy anyway. Don't interfere with the market and it will find it's own level.

e.g. if houses are not affordable for lower paid workers, they will move out of the area. Those left will either have to do the lower paid work themselves, or increase the wage levels to the point that others feel it worth staying in the area for. The market always finds a balance. Don't interfere (except in very extreme situations).

Simple.
The only simple thing here is the above. In fact is is complete nonsense.

The market always finds balance? Rubbish. Show me the evidence that the market has seen wage levels rise so people can afford the current level of house prices? You can’t. People’s wages today relative to what they would earn 20 or 30 years ago that back then would have seen then on the housing ladder can’t afford to get on the first rung today.

House price inflation has way outstripped wage inflation for decades so what more proof do you need that the last thing the market does is find its balance?

The only way the market is “working” is that house prices are rising due to lack of supply. If the market was really working this lack of supply would see builders falling over themselves to meet the demand but that isn’t happening either. Presumably because they can make more money for building fewer more expensive properties rather than cater for the demand at the bottom of the price range.

I’d also love to know why you think lower paid workers should move out of the area if they can’t afford the house prices and on what planet you live on that has others having to do the lower paid work themselves. Are banking execs going to start doing a bit of moonlighting to empty the bins?

You seemingly think tat won’t happen because wages will have to rise. A pity then there is no evidence of this happening.

If it wasn't economic for people to work for a given wage, they wouldn't do so.

It's not rocket science.

Wandering Warrior
Posts: 3372
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:09 pm

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by Wandering Warrior » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:28 pm

You're right Wintergreen, I don't take my coat off for less than 3k a week!
I'm currently saving up for my own rocket!! :D
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield

Caboosegg
Posts: 1802
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Post by Caboosegg » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:31 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCBreakfast ... 9-50313404

Not that i suggest people should vote labour of the don't want to, however how anyone can vote for the conservs is beyond me.

Its was blatant propaganda designed to influence those that haven't seen or wouldn't look up the interview themselves.
RL's biggest issue is the constant negativity of its own fans.

support verb [ (ENCOURAGE)

"to agree with and give encouragement to someone or something because you want him, her, or it to succeed"

Post Reply