Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other forum)

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
moto748

Re: Why we will be worse off through Brexit (Question from other...

Post by moto748 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:09 pm

medlocke wrote: masses of spineless MP's hoping to one day ride on the EU gravy train instead of putting the country first
Like Nigel Farage and Daniel Hannon?

ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:01 pm

Its a simple choice. Do we want to be an independent country or a banana republic. Your choice DaveO and Ted, I know what i want.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.

jobo

Post by jobo » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:22 pm

ian.birchall wrote:Its a simple choice. Do we want to be an independent country or a banana republic. Your choice DaveO and Ted, I know what i want.
Its you who has chosen Banana Republic by voting to leave the E.U.

:(

Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:10 pm

ian.birchall wrote:Its a simple choice. Do we want to be an independent country or a banana republic. Your choice DaveO and Ted, I know what i want.
Well the banana republic hasn't done me any harm for the last forty odd years or you it seems. But then again I don't mind foreign people, self important attitude and have a Little Britain mentality!
Furthermore I've not got the grumpy old man syndrome that were generally promoting and campaigning for Brexit.
And to finish I based voting for remain because nothing was laid down in concrete as to the alternative, given the shambles that has occurred since it would seem this was the better option, Status Quo!
So yes a banana republic it shall be and leave the empty heads to take their loathing as and when their Brexit dreams finally hit the buffers and we all take the hit!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield

Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:24 pm

We are an Independent and Sovereign nation.
Right or wrong we couldn't have gone to war in Iraq or Afghanistan if we weren't. These are the wrong viewpoints.

We hear Brexit MPs banging on about un-elected people in Brussels running the EU. This is said in the Commons when they are stood only feet away from the House of Lords. The largest unelected assembly outside of Communist China. We need to sort out the Lords before we complain about the EU.

We are currently in the richest and largest Free Trade Area in the world and this has brought the UK previously unknown wealth. To attempt to leave and trade outside that area is plain wrong and daft. We didn't join when we could in the early 1950s and suffered for it. The UK was "the sick man of Europe". We had endless balance of payments problems which led to a boom and bust economy. We had a stagnant economy with rampant inflation of 12-15% a year hence the invention of the word "stagflation". To return to that after consistent years of growth is staggeringly stupid.

I still stick with my prediction of 18-24 months ago that May will run it down to the wire and then run a referendum on Remain or Leave without a deal.

SJ

Post by SJ » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:33 pm

Caboosegg wrote:
SJ wrote:I must say Meds that I am very much in tune with what you say.
Lets just focus on the happenings within the EU
The picture I get is of a prelapserian period ( a stage before the great fall and I look forward to a return to a postlapserian time which will eventually occur. We must not be intimidated by "project fear" The EU is in a worse position than we are and they know that. What surprises me is that the Remainers fail or appear to appreciate just what is going on now in the 4th Reich before their very eyes. If that was happening here We would certainly take note. The stability of Europe is at risk

No deal is a misnomer. We go to WTO rules where the majority of our exports are expedited having a tidy surplus in contrast with our dealings with the EU.

Jacob RM for PM sooner than later

Please actually read up on what WTO means and how it will effect us before you post misleading comments like that.

Most of our WTO trade is based on agreements those countries have with the EU not us and we will have to create new deal ones outside the EU that have to be agreed by all wto members.

Btw America has already put forward it doesnt agree with one of our trade deals (the one where we want to basically be treated the same as europe)

:lol: :lol: ok. Where do you suggest I start?no don't bother. I really couldn't care less

Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:45 pm

SJ wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:
SJ wrote:I must say Meds that I am very much in tune with what you say.
Lets just focus on the happenings within the EU
The picture I get is of a prelapserian period ( a stage before the great fall and I look forward to a return to a postlapserian time which will eventually occur. We must not be intimidated by "project fear" The EU is in a worse position than we are and they know that. What surprises me is that the Remainers fail or appear to appreciate just what is going on now in the 4th Reich before their very eyes. If that was happening here We would certainly take note. The stability of Europe is at risk

No deal is a misnomer. We go to WTO rules where the majority of our exports are expedited having a tidy surplus in contrast with our dealings with the EU.

Jacob RM for PM sooner than later

Please actually read up on what WTO means and how it will effect us before you post misleading comments like that.

Most of our WTO trade is based on agreements those countries have with the EU not us and we will have to create new deal ones outside the EU that have to be agreed by all wto members.

Btw America has already put forward it doesnt agree with one of our trade deals (the one where we want to basically be treated the same as europe)

:lol: :lol: ok. Where do you suggest I start?no don't bother. I really couldn't care less
I don't suppose you do, you've had your gig so stuff anybody else, eh?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield

SJ

Post by SJ » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:47 pm

Couldn't agree more Ian. These remainers have only considered what they believe will be the economic consequences of Brexit will be which is hypothetical. Whereas politically it's loosing our sovereignty. If that's what they want so be it. They will come to regret it :cool:

medlocke

Post by medlocke » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:01 pm

Wiganer Ted wrote:We are an Independent and Sovereign nation.
Right or wrong we couldn't have gone to war in Iraq or Afghanistan if we weren't. These are the wrong viewpoints.

We hear Brexit MPs banging on about un-elected people in Brussels running the EU. This is said in the Commons when they are stood only feet away from the House of Lords. The largest unelected assembly outside of Communist China. We need to sort out the Lords before we complain about the EU.

We are currently in the richest and largest Free Trade Area in the world and this has brought the UK previously unknown wealth. To attempt to leave and trade outside that area is plain wrong and daft. We didn't join when we could in the early 1950s and suffered for it. The UK was "the sick man of Europe". We had endless balance of payments problems which led to a boom and bust economy. We had a stagnant economy with rampant inflation of 12-15% a year hence the invention of the word "stagflation". To return to that after consistent years of growth is staggeringly stupid.

I still stick with my prediction of 18-24 months ago that May will run it down to the wire and then run a referendum on Remain or Leave without a deal.
We didn't join Ted because we weren't wanted, why are you so stuck in the early 70's, it's all you seem to rattle on about apart from your mythical 2nd referendum, the world is a different place to what it was pre EEC, It will not be the same

SJ

Post by SJ » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:04 pm

Wandering Warrior wrote:
SJ wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:

I don't suppose you do, you've had your gig so stuff anybody else, eh?
It's not really like that WW. I've tried to put forward a balanced opinion. If people want to gamble on an economic conjecture against a political certainty what more can I say It's up to them.